Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 07:39 AM

77 posts, read 524,058 times

Advertisements

Everyone has to admit the tulsans jump all over OKC with plastic fangs- because a lot of comments are not true about OKC. Its obvious that tulsans rule the whole forum, pulling possible new comers to there part of the state. GOOD LUCK. becareful of PMs.

Last edited by Jammie; 04-17-2007 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: link not allowed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 05:20 PM

4 posts, read 10,389 times
Me and my husband are looking at moving to BrokenBow I seen pics on the Internet and it looks beautiful and we are looking for some cheap rent due to my husband being disabled and we are living in stillwater,ok and the rent is taking all of money no room left for food can you tell me if broken bow has cheap houses and if the cost of living is low we are looking also at durant,oklahoma does anyone know anything about wich on would be the cheapest place to live and is there any restraunt jobs in brokenbow?

Old 10-12-2010, 12:21 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Renting a trailer house is one good way to have cheap housing, except I wouldn't want to be in one during a tornado warning.

Old 11-06-2010, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,970 times
could anyone tell me what the fall foliage is like in poteau. i'm looking for something with foliage like the photos of beavers bend oklahoma, but with a small town armosphere and a beauty school near by for my daughter. thank you.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:56 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCitySearchName View Post
I LIKE small rural towns with "nothing" to do.....I have no interest in city amenities (or problems) for the most part. I just need access to a few dentists for work purposes....a community between 30k-150k people, within 30 miles, is just about right.

A tightly knit local community with a few small live music venues, organic market/store, hardware store, homesteader type country folks, pretty scenery with lots of outdoors activities, low taxes and small government is what I'm after. This isn't impossible or "Utopia", Floyd, VA has almost all of these things.....its just the taxes and nosy government bother me, so I'm shopping around. I may still end up there.

I'm not trying to be hard on you, so don't take it that way. I just have no use for malls, traffic, politics, big government liberals and all of the crap that goes with living in a big city.

I just have a few specific amenities I'm after and I want someplace mild, pleasant and GREEN. Since you lived in VA, is this area of OK anything like VA as far as the countryside? I'm worried about bugs....and pokey plants....and brown vistas. I have that in NM and I'm DONE with it.
If you are worried about bugs, I can tell you that chiggers are pretty bad and come out when it is hot, maybe August. Ticks are bad, and they often cause tick fever. I know because we live in town and have ticks and my dh has had tick fever twice; me once. plants. here we have stick tights, two types. if you go walking in the woods at a certain time of years, especially in brush you can get covered. If you like greenery, then Green County is the best area of Oklahoma, but it comes with a price, as I have said. And lets not forget about the mosquitoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma