Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 03:25 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
Nice. My two favorite are Wal-Mart Supercenter and Super Target. Love those stores.
Stillwater is supposed to get a Target, maybe next year. It will be located about a half mile from the west side Wal-Mart Supercenter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 05:51 PM

779 posts, read 2,247,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Stillwater is supposed to get a Target, maybe next year. It will be located about a half mile from the west side Wal-Mart Supercenter.
Awesome! I have always wanted to see the OSU Campus in Stillwater if I get a chance to visit.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:48 PM

51 posts, read 153,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
I've never been to OK. I just looked at a map and wondered if certain places were nice or not. Obviously, the Ouachita NF area peaked my interest. As did Eufaula Lake and Grand Lake O' The Cherokees. Broken Bow Lake surrounded by Nat'l Forest? is that a nice area to live? I would like to avoid the humidity and bugs, that's why I asked abou the Panhandle. What's Guymon and Goodwell like?

I live about 10 miles west of Goodwell and it is pretty much high desert. Yes, we have tumbleweeds and no we don't have any trees . It's pretty desolate, from here its about a half hour from a Wal-Mart and if you want something more than that about 2 hours to Amarillo. I really love it out here but you definatley have to appreciate the country and be somewhat self reliant. It does get dusty from time to time and that does get to be a bit obnoxious..

Old 11-10-2008, 09:56 AM

1,634 posts, read 6,720,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanhandleOkie View Post
It's pretty desolate, from here its about a half hour from a Wal-Mart and if you want something more than that about 2 hours to Amarillo. ..
I thought there would be more there because of the university. What do the kids at OPSU do for fun? I can only imagine. Thanks for the info.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:21 PM

51 posts, read 153,352 times
Quote:
I thought there would be more there because of the university. What do the kids at OPSU do for fun? I can only imagine. Thanks for the info.

Yeah there is not much to Goodwell at all, no restaurants or shops..although the gas station does make subs and pizza but thats about all there is to town, just the bare minimum (post office, town hall, bank). The college kids at OPSU pretty much drink, drink, and drive to Guymon drunk to go to their all night truck stop and eat... Welcome to small town America! Lol...I went to OPSU and its a great Agriculture school but very small about 1,000 kids TOPS.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:20 AM

1,634 posts, read 6,720,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanhandleOkie View Post
Yeah there is not much to Goodwell at all, no restaurants or shops..although the gas station does make subs and pizza but thats about all there is to town, just the bare minimum (post office, town hall, bank). The college kids at OPSU pretty much drink, drink, and drive to Guymon drunk to go to their all night truck stop and eat... Welcome to small town America! Lol...I went to OPSU and its a great Agriculture school but very small about 1,000 kids TOPS.
Do you think there could be money made in Goodwell if someone came in with a business, like a bar and grill or something catering to the college kids, nightclub, something like that? I know there's only 1000 kids, but with nothing to do in town. How about a late night coffe shop? A pizza place with beer?

Old 11-16-2008, 12:18 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,931,364 times
Quote:
Do you think there could be money made in Goodwell if someone came in with a business, like a bar and grill or something catering to the college kids, nightclub, something like that? I know there's only 1000 kids, but with nothing to do in town. How about a late night coffe shop? A pizza place with beer?
That sounds like a good idea if you have the money to do it. Be prepared for some cold winters though; the panhandle of Oklahoma can get bone numbing cold in the Winter.

Having said all of that, I love the panhandle of Oklahoma. It's worlds apart from the rest of the state and is an area that still has awesome beauty, despite most of it being flat. I'll bet the sunsets there are spectacular.

Last edited by Synopsis; 11-16-2008 at 12:32 PM..

Old 11-16-2008, 12:34 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,931,364 times
Near Guymon...

Old 11-16-2008, 01:27 PM

779 posts, read 2,247,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Near Guymon...
Oh my! That is a beautiful shot, Mike, and kinda scary too, lol.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:28 PM

1 posts, read 4,028 times
Smile Perry, OK

I live in Perry, OK and love it. Perry is a small town but close to larger communities. Real estate is available, taxes are low, we love it. We moved here from Kansas and think the weather is great also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma