Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 06:51 PM

51 posts, read 153,399 times

Advertisements

You know CA Central Coast, it has been tried time and time before but nothing seems to make it. I mean during the school year I could see it but when its summertime, it literally is a ghost town. We did have a bar, that was shut down, moreso by the community leaders that thought it sent a bad message about the people in the community. I think most college kids don't mind the drive to Guymon. I really wish there was a nice place to go to in Goodwell though, I have to drive all the way to Texhoma to go to a restaurant with actual good food, if you're ever there, stop at the Livestock Auction, AWESOME burgers.

Synopsis is right, our sunsets are amazing out here..I love to watch em from the porch, like your on the edge of the world!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 07:44 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,723,100 times
[quote=PanhandleOkie;6202085]You know CA Central Coast, it has been tried time and time before but nothing seems to make it.[/ quote]
Thanks. That makes sense, all the kids go home. But a place that serves just plain 'ol good food could make it? I'm surprised a chain hasn't tried to go in, like Appleby's or Chili's, something like that.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:30 AM

1 posts, read 4,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Near Guymon...
As a weather nerd, for me this would be a good reason to live near Guymon.

I would probably be happy anywhere in Oklahoma. Growing up & living in northeastern OK, I didn't appreciate the beauty of our state until I moved away from it. We lived near Houston for 25 years, and I missed the horizon (too many pine trees), sunrises & sunsets (too many pine trees), hills (too flat), and seasons.

If I had a choice, I might be forced to choose northeastern Oklahoma--especially Tulsa.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:55 PM

2 posts, read 7,139 times
If I ever moved back to Oklahoma it would have to be in the Northwestern part of the state. Loved it up there, Aline and Laverne were two of the best towns I lived in while growing up

Old 12-22-2008, 04:01 PM

491 posts, read 1,477,554 times
I don't think the specific town would matter much to me. If I had my 'druthers I would live on a nice big lake in the summer time and out in the woods in the winter. If I could do that and not have an away-from-home job my life would be bliss! Maybe I can when I'm old and retired!

Old 01-01-2009, 09:23 PM

559 posts, read 1,758,785 times
anywhere? gosh in ok the choices are limitless. being sarcastic.
id say right here in okc metro. love to move back to edmond when i get the chance.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:44 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,362,833 times
I can't think of any other place in Ok where I would rather be than in Tahlequah.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:20 PM

6 posts, read 21,507 times
Stillwater is the best I would live there if I coud pick anywhere in Oklahoma!

Old 09-18-2009, 03:43 PM

4 posts, read 8,544 times
sallisaw is a great area however i have found that is not the greatest area for kids, atleast not in the middle of town

Old 09-18-2009, 03:57 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,379,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanhandleOkie View Post
I live in the Panhandle and it very rarely gets humid at all, pretty much just high plains. It can get over 100 for periods of time in the summer though...unbearable lol. It's a nice place to live if you can handle REAL country living, Wal Mart may be hours away in some parts of the panhandle and conveinences are few and far between, but we are a friendly bunch...clanish at times but friendly .

This is my favorite place in Oklahoma but a second choice might be over by Alva, by the Great Salt Plains Wildlife Refuge, it's beautiful out there...or maybe down in the mountains by Idabel in the southeast corner....the options are endless..
If it rarely gets humid, over 100 degrees is very bearable, it's the humidity that knocks you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma