Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 06:47 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
You're joking, right?
I see a lot of people suffering in the world as well... do you support people slaughter as well?
OMG. Whatever.

People slaughter is only condoned in wars, haven't you heard? Get real!

Old 05-15-2009, 07:22 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherDawn View Post
Too bad they banned horse slaughter...that ban has led to a lot of suffering for horses.
Is there anyway they could round them up and sell them off? I know that some states are doing just that and using the money for well run horse control and management programs.
I understand that destroying them sometimes its the only way to keep them from starving to death. But we must remember, we're the ones encroaching on thier lands, not the other way around.
Just a thought .

Old 05-17-2009, 08:38 AM

5,013 posts, read 10,696,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
OMG. Whatever.

People slaughter is only condoned in wars, haven't you heard? Get real!
It is? That's news to me; I have never heard of anyone condoning civilian casualties or the Holocaust, which is the closest comparison there is to people slaughter occurring in a war.
When someone chooses to fight in a war, it is not slaughter. They have made the choice to fight. They are not rounded up and killed as a solution to a problem; that's called "genocide" and is considered people slaughter. And as far as I know, no one in their right mind condones genocide.
Perhaps you think that we should round up all of the people in the world who are starving and just put them out of their misery?
And I totally agree with the above post. It's time that human beings got over themselves and realized that the Earth is populated by species other than humans, and that their existence is as valid as our own. There need to be better solutions to these problems, and I don't think that killing animals--especially as our own population grows by leaps and bounds--is the solution.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:53 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
It is? That's news to me; I have never heard of anyone condoning civilian casualties or the Holocaust, which is the closest comparison there is to people slaughter occurring in a war.
When someone chooses to fight in a war, it is not slaughter. They have made the choice to fight. They are not rounded up and killed as a solution to a problem; that's called "genocide" and is considered people slaughter. And as far as I know, no one in their right mind condones genocide.
Perhaps you think that we should round up all of the people in the world who are starving and just put them out of their misery?
Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines don't choose to go to war, we are willing to stand up and do whats needed though. Douglas McAuther once stated in a speach to a West Point Senior class, "No one prays for peace as much as the a soldier does", vary true statement. But many times and this war we are in now is a good example of how our government uses its troops as two legged bullet stopper. So they can get control or help other take control over the worlds oil supplies.
So I feel the RedBird statement of people slaughter means the troops not just the civillians. And what other contries do to thier own is none of my business, like what Saddam Hussain was doing to his people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma