Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:46 PM

150 posts, read 301,118 times

Advertisements

Here is some info to help fight speeding tickets in Oklahoma.

Oklahoma Traffic Tickets, Fight Oklahoma Traffic Tickets, Pay Speeding Fine Oklahoma, Oklahoma Traffic Attorney, Oklahoma Lawyers

Old 02-07-2010, 05:35 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawman_Kyle View Post
As for having a problem with someone getting pulled over for doing less than 5 mph, get over it. .........
Changing the size of tires can put you over, and getting them calibrated is expensive. Pulling a guy over because he is 2-3 over the limit is ridiculous. I would fight it, and I would win. Further, if that cop pulled me over a second time, he would be sued for harassment. If a cop has probable cause, pull them over. If all the cop is doing is "fishing" then he deserves to have his badges taken away......and shoved where the sun doesn't shine. I am sick and tired of bullies with badges thinking they have the right to do anything they want to anyone they want.

The difference between a 245/60/17 and a 265/60/17 is 4.4 inches of circumference.....that means you travel about 7 miles per hour faster.

Last edited by Goodpasture; 02-07-2010 at 05:54 PM..

Old 02-07-2010, 07:19 PM

355 posts, read 818,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Changing the size of tires can put you over, and getting them calibrated is expensive. Pulling a guy over because he is 2-3 over the limit is ridiculous. I would fight it, and I would win. Further, if that cop pulled me over a second time, he would be sued for harassment. If a cop has probable cause, pull them over. If all the cop is doing is "fishing" then he deserves to have his badges taken away......and shoved where the sun doesn't shine. I am sick and tired of bullies with badges thinking they have the right to do anything they want to anyone they want.

The difference between a 245/60/17 and a 265/60/17 is 4.4 inches of circumference.....that means you travel about 7 miles per hour faster.
I hate to disagree with you here. Obviously you've not ever been in the scenario you just described because you are DEAD wrong on your assumptions. If your speeding, your not going to win a court battle, and using the excuse your speedometer is "off" is hilarious. It's the law to make sure your equipment is calibrated. Insurance is expensive too, but you aren't allowed to skimp out on it just cause it's pricy. If your breaking the law, a cop can pull you over as many times as it takes until you learn to quit breaking the law, or your license becomes suspended due to point accumulation.

As for your comment about the officer who is doing driver checks, fishing as you call it, needing to be shoved where the sun doesn't shine.....your out of line. Many lives are saved by officers stopping drunks on random traffic stops for tag lights, low speed limit stops, tail lights, etc. All those reasons I just mentioned ARE PROBABLE CAUSE! But I guess if you'd prefer officers to not make random stops and nab the drunks, then you won't be upset at all if you get a knock on the door late some night informing you that you lost a loved one to a drunk driver.

You need to get reall here...getting mad over a slow limit speed TICKET is one thing....getting mad over being stopped is just ridiculous. Threatening to sue someone for stopping you for breaking the law is ridiculous too. Grow up....

Old 02-07-2010, 07:31 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
Obviously you've never been with me when I have won. After 60+ years I damn well know the difference between a legitimate stop and harassment.......and telling someone your grandfathers age to grow up is indicative of your lack of experience, knowledge and maturity.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:23 PM

355 posts, read 818,668 times
I don't care how old you are sir, your assumptions are wrong. I've dealt with several people who had your attitude and each time they paid their ticket. For what it's worth i wouldn't ticket you, but if it was slow and I was looking for a potential drunk I'd stop you for going over the posted limit and sadly there's nothing you could do about it. I of course would be very polite and if you were merely passing through with a slightly heavy foot I'd thank you for your time, tell you to be careful, and have a nice evening. If you got your attitude you have on here about "knowing" everything then I'd be more apt to let you sit there a bit longer. Attitude is everything. Getting pulled over for breaking the law is not harrassment.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:21 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
My sis got stopped and ticketed and she swears she was right on the speed limit.

Of course, she got ticketed anyway. So she took her car to a shop, paid $$ to get it calibrated and beat the ticket. It cost her big $$ and time, but she said the cop was a jerk, so it was worth it.

I was going the same speed as another car, and in fact we were side by side and the cop pulled me over in Anadarko. I could cry and say it was because I had tribal tags and the other guy was a farmer, but that would be pissing in the wind, because the bottom line is, I WAS speeding. So, I paid it and got the hell out of "Dodge". (we ndn's call Anadarko Dodge)

Old 02-08-2010, 05:43 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
I see Channel 4 (KFOR) is going to air, "How to Beat a Speeding Ticket" tonight. (I know, I know, someone will say DON'T SPEED!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma