Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 08:19 PM

696 posts, read 1,726,465 times

Advertisements

Yankton Press & Dakotan > Archives > News > Neb. Dog Owner Mauled By Own Pit Bull

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — A Lincoln woman was mauled by her pit bull after stepping on another pet dog.

Police spokeswoman Katie Flood told the Lincoln Journal Star that the woman was arguing with her boyfriend about 4 a.m. Friday and accidentally stepped on their 8-month-old black lab. The pit bull, seeking to protect the other dog, attacked the woman and her boyfriend.

Police say the woman suffered a severe bite wound to the head and has injuries to her hands and forearms. The boyfriend suffered cuts to his elbows. Their names were not released.

Animal Control confiscated the dog, which wasn’t licensed.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 12:43 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,509,703 times
But Pitt Bulls are so cuddly.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:06 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,470,316 times
This highlights the exact point I try to make about Pitbulls. She stepped on the lab and the lab probably just felt really sad, put it's ears down, tail between it's legs and ducked in the corner.

The Pitbull attacked, what would have happened if she had stepped on the Pitbull? One thing is probably for sure, the Lab probably wouldn't have attacked the owner in response and even if the lab did attack it's biting force is less, and it has less fighting stamina and could be subdued much easier than a Pit. The squeel of the Lab instantly triggered the fight that is ingrained in Pits by years of breeding for that purpose. They are dangerous dogs and should not be allowed in the city limits.

I realize Pitbulls can be loving creatures and that all owners are not the type of people that are involved in domestic disturbances at 4AM on a Friday, but if my loving Lab goes off on a rampage I know I can tackle and pin him, if a Pitbull goes on one he can maul you to death.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:25 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
simply put....if my mini-schnauzer freaks out and decides to maul you, you'll likely kick her away with no damage done. If a pit-bull freaks out it's just a much worse situation.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:33 PM

76 posts, read 142,423 times
*sigh* Here we go again....might as well just merge this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/omaha...l-getting.html

Old 02-21-2011, 10:09 PM

648 posts, read 1,174,601 times
Usually, I'm not for the pit bulls... but in this case, at least it seemed to be protecting the other dog.. also it was probably upset and sick of hearing the 2 fighting.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:30 PM

553 posts, read 1,544,871 times
Years ago, my Dad took my 4 yr old son to a family get together and I stayed home because I had a cold. Somebody brought their dog to the event knowing their dog wasn't socialized. When that dog mauled my baby, it didn't make headline news. That dog weighed 120#'s and was a mastiff/chow mix. Ironically, I was also bitten by a chow a couple of years ago for no reason at all. I was told he was really nice, but he left a big bite wound on the calf of my leg for walking by.

Every pit bull I've ever met has been awesome. Every chow, not so nice. Just sayin'....

Old 02-21-2011, 11:27 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
I will say that almost every Pit Bull I have met was very nice, the ones that were not nice got taken care of by my German Shepherd. Actually it was only one, the dogs and my wife were doing the frisbee thing in the yard, the stray pit bull came out of the woods and went after my wife, it didn't make it.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:37 AM

380 posts, read 1,000,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
I will say that almost every Pit Bull I have met was very nice, the ones that were not nice got taken care of by my German Shepherd. Actually it was only one, the dogs and my wife were doing the frisbee thing in the yard, the stray pit bull came out of the woods and went after my wife, it didn't make it.

Are you saying that your German Shepherd taught this Pit Bull a lesson it wouldn't forget??

Old 02-22-2011, 06:42 AM

124 posts, read 166,625 times
I don't like Pit Bulls. On the other hand, the Libertarian in me hesitates to call for them to be illegal. It's a tough call.

In this case, however, it seems that justice was served in a strange way. I strongly suspect that this lady and her boyfriend are not exactly the best and brightest of society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: