Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 10:00 PM

465 posts, read 473,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbarj View Post
Really? Omahans never say what they really think? Well here...

YOU'RE A TROLL!

That felt good and was what I really think. I myself value it when people give me their honest opinion, even when I disagree, as do many Omahans. Try and cover up what you really think and when discovered you may not be trusted.
You didn't express you own opinion. You told me to stop expressing mine. Which is exactly what I'd expect an Omahan to do. Thanks for proving my point to out Texas friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 07:26 AM

817 posts, read 1,769,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Hall View Post
You didn't express you own opinion. You told me to stop expressing mine. Which is exactly what I'd expect an Omahan to do. Thanks for proving my point to out Texas friend.
And there you go, reading MORE into something than what was said. I did not tell you to stop posting. I called you a troll, which is what you are, AND is my own opinion.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:26 AM

So, your opinion is that I should stop expressing my opinion. Got it.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:33 AM

906 posts, read 1,809,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Hall View Post
If your like most texans I've known you'll have to stop being so opinionated, for one. Omahans never say what they really think and will be very uncomfortable if you do. You'll have to learn to get along with every last person no matter what if you want to live in Omaha. Legitimate difference of opinion are not possible among omahans.
If the cultures of Texas and Omaha were vastly different, I'd say there was some truth to this. Omahans are not known for being especially accepting of cultures outside their own, so there can be some feelings amongst newcomers of culture shock. For example, if you come here telling everyone "Nebraska football is a joke" or "meat eating is wrong", what Matthew Hall said can be true - "legitimate difference of opinion is not possible among omahans."

But Texas and Nebraska is like a sibling rivalry. The two cultures are more similar than most other clashing cultures, so I think you'll have no problem moving to Omaha.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:23 AM

109 posts, read 280,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
If the cultures of Texas and Omaha were vastly different, I'd say there was some truth to this. Omahans are not known for being especially accepting of cultures outside their own, so there can be some feelings amongst newcomers of culture shock. For example, if you come here telling everyone "Nebraska football is a joke" or "meat eating is wrong", what Matthew Hall said can be true - "legitimate difference of opinion is not possible among omahans."

But Texas and Nebraska is like a sibling rivalry. The two cultures are more similar than most other clashing cultures, so I think you'll have no problem moving to Omaha.

Wow. I agree with MountanMen. Texans that I've known are very similar in culture to us.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:03 PM

I've been lectured by strangers for ten minutes about the unacceptableness of how I parked my car in Omaha. That has never happened to me before in my life. Omahans can't even agree to disagree about parking.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:37 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,188,199 times

Old 02-01-2012, 04:27 PM

Looks like he has come gas pains or constipation to me. That's what happens when you are anally retentive.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:55 PM

482 posts, read 1,331,056 times
You let someone talk to you for ten minutes about how you parked? Sounds like you ran into a crazy and didn't cut it off.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:07 PM

Yes, I was too stunned to respond, especially after she said she owned the coffee shop I had parked in front of and would call the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: