Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2013, 06:19 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,318,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettB View Post
I have to disagree on Flower's abilities. KETV was the only station on the air during an early morning tornado. KMTV and WOWT were nowhere to be found. KETV is most accurate, then WOWT. Flowers once said "slight chance of showers". Outside my window... downpour.

If it is (was) $$ related, then why is Knicely not yet gone too?
Whenever I would be going for a flight (I fly my own airplane), I would check with Jim Flowers weather forecast the night before. If he said there would be fog, there was fog, if he said snow there was snow, etc. Channel 3 wasn't even close and Bill Randby is good but not as good. When I would compare the two Flowers was always the correct forecast. I do remember at least one night when we had tornado's in the area and I do remember channel 7 was on the air all night when the other two channels were not giving weather alerts. So I will give channel 7 points for staying on the air.

I was talking to my wife about Jim Flowers and she reminded me that Jim Flowers came to channel 6 before Knicely and that would make Knicely's contract due later this year. We expect that he will be gone and if he doesn't leave then he may just be taking a cut in pay. I understand that the women in-charge of the on air talent is a real ***** and will push a hard deal.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 07:16 PM

147 posts, read 259,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
Whenever I would be going for a flight (I fly my own airplane)
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Old 04-01-2013, 04:06 AM

11 posts, read 17,806 times
Talking Jim Flowers may soon be very busy

Glad to learn he's remaining in Omha. KMTV's great gain is WOWT's huge loss.

This may be a great one for Mr. Flowers to pursue on the side, when tired of weather activities.

http://wwwttco-yo.blogspot.com is action-packed info and satire on the Twin Towers building at 30th and Farnam.

It's seemingly plagued by wishy-washy management over the years, and got worse when their employees were replaced by contractors about 5 years ago.

The place has potential, but some realtors (off the record) just shake their heads.

What happened to the Forum on condos in Omaha? We'll try again later on. Hoping it's just some computer hic-hic-up.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:44 AM

66 posts, read 102,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newshound View Post
action-packed info and satire on the Twin Towers building at 30th and Farnam.
We already have a someone posting constantly that has at least 49 self referencing and promoting 'blogs' that were hired out to a kindergarten web designer. I think that is enough.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:48 PM

181 posts, read 357,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newshound View Post
Glad to learn he's remaining in Omha. KMTV's great gain is WOWT's huge loss.

This may be a great one for Mr. Flowers to pursue on the side, when tired of weather activities.

Twin Towers Condos Omaha is action-packed info and satire on the Twin Towers building at 30th and Farnam.

It's seemingly plagued by wishy-washy management over the years, and got worse when their employees were replaced by contractors about 5 years ago.

The place has potential, but some realtors (off the record) just shake their heads.

What happened to the Forum on condos in Omaha? We'll try again later on. Hoping it's just some computer hic-hic-up.
Inaccurate weather is moving to KMTV? I guess I now know who not to watch if tornado weather is immanent.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:57 AM

380 posts, read 1,000,192 times
Oh boy, look who's back!!
WELCOME BACK JIM PROMO 30 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: