Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 06:05 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
Broken campaign promises I thought were are okay if youre a Omaha Mayor

(coughs, many democrats said it was okay for ex-mayor Suttle to make Broken campaign promises and lie to the public
What's your opinion on Stothert breaking he campaign promise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 06:52 AM

59 posts, read 105,196 times
Yeah that's generally the worst statement you can make about Politician A because Politician B has certainly done it too...

Old 06-26-2013, 12:33 PM

What about this one, Billie?

Exclusive: Omaha Mayor tightens ‘gag order’

Exclusive: Omaha Mayor tightens 'gag order' « Watchdog.org

Old 06-26-2013, 04:42 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,546,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
What's your opinion on Stothert breaking he campaign promise?
any politician who breaks a campaign promise should be held accountable.

too many broken promises or incomptence gets someone kicked out of office.

that is why Suttle is gone. same with several people on the school board.

the problem is those who said it was okay for suttle to lie are quick to bust stothert's chops. there needs to be consistency always and not just attack someone cause they are a different party.

that is why I am a Independent. too much corruption in both parties and too many people who blindly defend someone cause they have a D or R next to their name.

accountability should trump party loyalty btw.

btw: many republicans and independents are upset with stothert for breaking promises.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:06 AM

Billie, YOU were the one who started attacking Suttle the second you felt he didn't live up to his campaign promises, and in Suttle's case it was much more defensible. I don't see you doing that with Stothert though, only deflection.

Also, I gotta ask. Do you think it would be better for Stothert to follow her campaign promises even if doing so would be bad for the city, or should she do what's best for the city even if she promised otherwise?

Old 06-27-2013, 08:03 AM

she should keep her promises

her wanting media silence is troubling to say the least.

btw: I voted for suttle in 2009 and stothert in 2013 and gave them both the benefit of the doubt when they first got in.

when it became a pattern of arrogance, that is when my criticism of suttle started, and I btw like with stothert hoped for the best for suttle at first.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Also, I gotta ask. Do you think it would be better for Stothert to follow her campaign promises even if doing so would be bad for the city, or should she do what's best for the city even if she promised otherwise?
So long as she made clear what she was doing and why, sometimes that is what is necessary. I'm sure that Suttle hadn't intended all along to do, say, the Restaurant Tax, but we were close to the red and something needed to be done. While I wasn't a fan of it at the time, I understood why he did it.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
she should keep her promises
Even when doing so would be bad for the city?

Quote:
her wanting media silence is troubling to say the least.
Just a little. The Fire Chief has been kicking her ass and calling out many of her lies and distortions since before the election even happened, and now she is trying to bully him into silence so she can win the PR war.

She's like the anti-Obama of transparency.

Quote:
btw: I voted for suttle in 2009 and stothert in 2013 and gave them both the benefit of the doubt when they first got in.

when it became a pattern of arrogance, that is when my criticism of suttle started, and I btw like with stothert hoped for the best for suttle at first.
How long until you'll be calling for Stothert's recall?

Old 06-27-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:

So help me God, if we waste more time and money on another recall effort, I'm gonna puke.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Just a little. The Fire Chief has been kicking her ass and calling out many of her lies and distortions since before the election even happened, and now she is trying to bully him into silence so she can win the PR war.

She's like the anti-Obama of transparency.

Obama is Transparent? what a joke. the IRS and Justice Dept. have been mirred in scandals and Obama hasnt been exactly transparent. oh, and there is the Benghazi fiasco.

if anything, she is as Transparent as Obama is.

covering stuff up and being shady is wrong whether u have a D or R next to her name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: