Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 09:43 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,005,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper Man View Post
If you could have proved this guy did it 5 years ago, you should have said something to the cops. I'm sure they would welcome someone with such investigative prowess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 06:36 AM

123 posts, read 228,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
If you could have proved this guy did it 5 years ago, you should have said something to the cops. I'm sure they would welcome someone with such investigative prowess.
I don't work for the Omaha Police Department or FBI.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:53 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,561,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Really? I must have missed the part where they were charged or convicted of tax fraud, evasion, or the like.

No idea what you're talking about here.
they refuse to pay the 50 grand they owe the IRS.

show me proof that Pete worked for any of those. anyone can fake creds. (coughs, Ergun Caner and David Barton

Old 07-19-2013, 07:44 PM

14,574 posts, read 23,130,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
they refuse to pay the 50 grand they owe the IRS.
Really? This is news to me. Do you have a link to this?

Quote:
show me proof that Pete worked for any of those. anyone can fake creds. (coughs, Ergun Caner and David Barton
They're on both his personal campaign page and his City Council bio.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Really? This is news to me. Do you have a link to this?

Ben, Freddie Gray owe $49,000 in back taxes - Omaha.com

btw, this is the leftist Omaha World Herald that reported on a leftist politician owing money, so dont give me this is a non-story nonsense.

as for Festering Pete, u said They're on both his personal campaign page and his City Council bio (his alleged accomplishments)

how do u know he didnt embelish a little.

after the Ergun Caner fiasco,

and of course govt. politicians who are a little suspect regarding their birth certificates,

how do we know 100 percent all that Pete (or any city leader) has on their bio is 100 percent true

Old 07-21-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Ben, Freddie Gray owe $49,000 in back taxes - Omaha.com

btw, this is the leftist Omaha World Herald that reported on a leftist politician owing money, so dont give me this is a non-story nonsense.
You didn't read your own link.

Quote:
Ben Gray, however, said the couple have been paying off the debt and are caught up through 2000. He said they still owe about $49,000.

The couple also recently agreed to increase how much they pay back monthly, he said, and plan to have their debts paid off by 2016.

The Grays at one point owed back federal taxes from the early 1990s but have paid them.
“We owe them tax money, and we're paying them back,” Ben Gray said.

See anything in there showing where they "refuse" to pay it back? I don't.

You stepped in it again, Billie.

Quote:
as for Festering Pete, u said They're on both his personal campaign page and his City Council bio (his alleged accomplishments)

how do u know he didnt embelish a little.

after the Ergun Caner fiasco,

and of course govt. politicians who are a little suspect regarding their birth certificates,

how do we know 100 percent all that Pete (or any city leader) has on their bio is 100 percent true
Wow dude. I never once figured you for an Obama birther. That actually explains a lot, however.

And I don't know that Festersen worked at those places, but since he is a prominent city councilman, I imagine that if he was lying someone would quickly step up and call him out.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
You didn't read your own link.

See anything in there showing where they "refuse" to pay it back? I don't.

You stepped in it again, Billie.

Wow dude. I never once figured you for an Obama birther. That actually explains a lot, however.

And I don't know that Festersen worked at those places, but since he is a prominent city councilman, I imagine that if he was lying someone would quickly step up and call him out.

I never said Obama. secondly, I could have been just yanking ur chain by saying the birth certificate thing.

btw, I am not a FRC or AFA or Alex Jones nut.

secondly, u really think with how much the media sucks up to him like the national media does to Obama, u dont think the media would hush-hush ol Pete 's lies (or downplay them)

I mean, there has never been criticism of pete lying about no interest other than Bucky's in the old louis market nor has pete 's liquor license obsession been mentioned in the press.

quote:

Festersen said getting certain stores in Benson is not as easy as people think, for example, filling the old Louis Market.

“We have tried to market that site for a year and a half now for grocery, but so far that hasn't been an interest that we've received,” he said.

Read more: http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news/...redevelopment/

He has said in another interview that Walmart Grocery (and others) did take a interest in Louis Market, but suddenly changed their minds for some reason.

(so did he lie, or did he suddenly "remember" about other potential businesses wanting to be there)

btw, why isnt Pete trying to stop Bucky's when Fareway or No Frills would be better fit for the old louis market if he really cares about Benson area and it's people's best interests

or is it all he cares about is power.

Last edited by billiefan2000; 07-21-2013 at 11:48 AM..

Old 07-21-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I never said Obama. secondly, I could have been just yanking ur chain by saying the birth certificate thing.
So you're admitting Obama was born in Hawaii?

Quote:
secondly, u really think with how much the media sucks up to him like the national media does to Obama, u dont think the media would hush-hush ol Pete 's lies (or downplay them)
That's it. It's the media's fault. It couldn't be that, oh, I don't know...there isn't a scandal? Nope. Gotta be the media coverup.

Quote:
I mean, there has never been criticism of pete lying about no interest other than Bucky's in the old louis market nor has pete 's liquor license obsession been mentioned in the press.

quote:

Festersen said getting certain stores in Benson is not as easy as people think, for example, filling the old Louis Market.

“We have tried to market that site for a year and a half now for grocery, but so far that hasn't been an interest that we've received,” he said.

Read more: http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news/...redevelopment/

He has said in another interview that Walmart Grocery (and others) did take a interest in Louis Market, but suddenly changed their minds for some reason.

(so did he lie, or did he suddenly "remember" about other potential businesses wanting to be there)

btw, why isnt Pete trying to stop Bucky's when Fareway or No Frills would be better fit for the old louis market if he really cares about Benson area and it's people's best interests

or is it all he cares about is power.
I guess I'm confused here. I fail to see the lie you're seeing. He said there was no real interest in that property for grocery, and the current redevelopment is a gas station. Seems to add up to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: