Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 06:08 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,690,476 times

Advertisements

Well, Council Bluffs is already quite the artsy town, why not a gay district?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 09:18 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,199,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Where's the hetero district?
Just look where there are a group of haters that shoot up a church that supports gay rights, an immigration center, an elected democrat in office and I will show you the place that is dedicated hetero full of intolerant hate-driven conservatives..

Old 04-03-2009, 11:04 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Where's the hetero district?

no.....no, I'm not aware of any "hetero district". But then, I tend to look beyond what a person does in their bedroom. I don't define people by that.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:20 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,619,196 times
LOL! Of course you do.

If you want a hetero district you're perfectly free to start one. Personally I thought there was already one out on west Dodge between Trinity and that other big church just across the street.

I'm very happy for gay people in Iowa. I might even go get married just for fun and to make sure I never have to deal with my family again.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:51 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,681,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
Just look where there are a group of haters that shoot up a church that supports gay rights, an immigration center, an elected democrat in office and I will show you the place that is dedicated hetero full of intolerant hate-driven conservatives..
Wow, that's kind of hateful.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:13 AM

281 posts, read 928,608 times
California is nowhere as hip and liberal as people think. Outside of parts of San Francisco and LA and a few anomalous enclaves like Berkeley, California is much less tolerant than the Midwest.

My experience is most Midwesterners don't really care as long as you don't make a big issue of it. I live in the far north suburbs of Chicago and haven't had any problems with anyone. I love this place. I was always watching my back in California.

I doubt there will be any huge exodus of gays to Iowa. There will probably be a few thousand local couples take advantage of the opportunity and go back to their lives and nobody will notice the difference. People need to calm down. The fear that the state will be flooded with militant homosexuals and that traditional families will collapse en masse seems pretty foolish on the face of it.

You may see some gay Omahans move to Carter Lake. Could that be your new West Hollywood?

Old 04-04-2009, 11:40 AM

605 posts, read 1,198,895 times
Carter Lake or Council Bluffs would make a nice area for a new gay district. Downtown Council Bluffs is already artsy! Iowa's new gay marriage law is kinda funny, I know so many gay people who moved to California, because Iowa isn't "progressive" enough. As far as the hetero district, its everywhere in Omaha! Gay marriage marriage will stay in Iowa, because getting an initiative to voters is too difficult. The earliest they can do anything about gay marriage is 2012! Glad to see gay marriage is part of the Omaha Metro, suck on that one bigots!!!

Old 04-04-2009, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 4,248 times
Default doubtitwillstik

I think if they put it into the constitution yes they can. States amend their constitutions all the time and and why Nebraska next door will not have to honor gay marriages. Nebraska constitution defined marriage as between man and woman.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:01 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,619,196 times
Iowa's action is going to force the issue here with residents and employees in the Omaha/CB area. I would say it could even be within the year that a lawsuit or something in NE comes up regarding the same sex marriage ban.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:05 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
Iowa's action is going to force the issue here with residents and employees in the Omaha/CB area. I would say it could even be within the year that a lawsuit or something in NE comes up regarding the same sex marriage ban.

why do you feel the need to force your views on us? The people voted.

Last edited by kdbrich; 04-04-2009 at 02:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha