Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 04:59 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,546,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marska View Post
ahhhh...oh, for Peony Park and the Ranch Bowl...them was da good ole days!

I agree

surprised you didnt mention the indian hills theatre (another great place to go to in Omaha)

sad they are all gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 09:48 PM

187 posts, read 663,877 times
I miss The Cog Factory too. Now the Ranch Bowl is a Wal-Mart. It's a little ironic.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:52 PM

164 posts, read 601,529 times
Do you remember the Grove at Peony Park? Tree lined sidewalks with little seating areas scattered around.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:31 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,150,121 times
My sister said that there was a couple of deaths, one on a ride and the other in the pool and their insurance policy was so high that they had to shut down. I am glad that it didn't shut down before my childhood was over. I remember many great memories at Peony Park. I remember a group of my friends jumped the fence at 3 AM and we went swimming in the pool once. And then Ted Nugent played at the ballroom there along with other bands. It was a fun place. I also remember getting sick on that tilt-o-wheel and have never been on another ride like that one since... What memories

Old 06-24-2009, 08:56 AM

109 posts, read 257,166 times
Pearl Jam played there and the price of admission was a donation of a can of food. I think that was around 1992 just after Eddie Vedder joined the band. I was too young to attend what I am sure was an awesome event. I just read that they opened for The Smashing Pumpkins and The Red Hot Chili Peppers, wow just wow. Also, the concert was in October of 1991, so I was a little off on the dates

Old 07-18-2009, 04:46 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,150,121 times
There were lots of great bands there and I was a little too young as well. I think I was in my early teens. But I remember Nugent because my sister and I were invited to party with him and the band. Of course we said no, he was a bit wild and I would have been in big trouble being that young... Wow, Nugent.. he is still a crazy guy!!! Those were fun times at Peony Park, Merrits Beach and Farquars??? The one down in the Old Market.. I used to have fake ID. I saw some really great bands there as well.. And then the Other Place in Council Bluffs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMinSWO View Post
Pearl Jam played there and the price of admission was a donation of a can of food. I think that was around 1992 just after Eddie Vedder joined the band. I was too young to attend what I am sure was an awesome event. I just read that they opened for The Smashing Pumpkins and The Red Hot Chili Peppers, wow just wow. Also, the concert was in October of 1991, so I was a little off on the dates

Old 07-18-2009, 03:50 PM

49 posts, read 160,205 times
the only entertainment close to that area is now Big Red Keno. not quite as much fun as the scrambler, but still...

Old 01-13-2010, 12:58 AM

1 posts, read 4,917 times
Default The Black Hole

I remember going to Peony Park as a kid, I remember the scrambler and when they had the haunted house. about the 1980s they moved the scrambler into the haunted house and called it The Black Hole.

Evan

Old 08-03-2010, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 4,624 times
the black hole was a scrambler inside a pitch black box...rainbow recording studios omaha(home of 311 and boyz ll men) provided sound at sprite night as well as the black hole....four big fifteen inch two way altec boxes...it was loud and scarry when dark...with stobes and special effects lighting

Old 08-03-2010, 01:16 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow recording studios View Post
the black hole was a scrambler inside a pitch black box...rainbow recording studios omaha(home of 311 and boyz ll men) provided sound at sprite night as well as the black hole....four big fifteen inch two way altec boxes...it was loud and scarry when dark...with stobes and special effects lighting
Thanks for that info. Anymore tidbits you can share about Peony Park or Omaha history in general? That always makes for good discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha