Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 03:19 AM

48 posts, read 172,949 times

Advertisements

What in hill tarnasion are ya goings at little snapper? Me's go in them da hills to collect me a girlie man!!

Ok....to be fair I agree with you on tolerance. I have lived in Fremont and know first hand what the town is like. I can some up most of the folks there to be just that. Cowboys and darn plenty of them da hoot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 01:24 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,009,478 times
I have lived in Fremont too. I attended MLC for about a 1.5 years. I don't agree with you on the "typical Fremonter". However, it is a matter of perception. If you spend a decent amount of time in a certain area of Fremont, in the area of downtown and the meat packing plant, you might get that impression. On the other hand, the rest of Fremont is full of very run of the mill middle class family neighborhoods.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:01 AM

Most of my experience from Fremont was in that vicinity you described but I also want to elaborate that there are a lot of unfair practices as well. If you have a name in that town, you could get away with anything (dui, dwi, drugs, etc). Even the judge (won't mention his name) got out of having to do time for doing drugs and getting caught. If your a business owner with a reputation or from a reputable family then the law will let you off easy and don't tell me they don't because they do. I have seen it firsthand more than one occasion.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:22 AM

482 posts, read 2,225,418 times
Isn't the Governor of Nebraska from Fremont? We see what his practices are like.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:34 AM

That I don't know. All I can tell you is watch your back around there if your just the average Joe Blow. I have also heard of rough treatment by the law enforcers. My brother-in-law was roughed up by some bloated, check out these pecs, kind of cops. What happened was he got pulled over and they found that he was driving without insurance which was his second time. They roughed him up and threatened him before locking him up. His car was towed and after he got out of jail after bond was paid, he tried to get his car out. But guess what happened? They tore up his car to shreds looking for drugs and other things which he never has touched. This is only one testimony among many that I could keep sharing. I know a business owner (who has friends in high places) that has had four dwi's that got by with only a year of probation and a few aa meetings. This makes me sick.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:02 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,197,899 times
Default ...

I'm originally from Fremont, and I used to love the city...

But the cops there are complete jerks...

I got arrested for a DUI, which I fully deserve, however, they gave me flight to avoid an arrest and obstruction of a peace officer because I turned off the main road and onto a side street when he pulled me over

Old 06-09-2007, 12:57 AM

Yah. Unless your a cute little blonde with legs to match and a nice provocative outfit to druel over....Oh I almost forgot...and your a female, then your out of luck and will get punished what you deserve or worse unless you have a reputation in that town to save you.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:31 AM

18 posts, read 72,585 times
And this discussion relates to the vibrancy of downtown Omaha in what way?

Old 06-09-2007, 10:05 AM

1,119 posts, read 4,197,899 times
Default ...

LOL, nothing at all Mac, I was just responding to a post with an experience I had..

Another one that came up was when I was late getting tags for my car, the cop stopped me two nights in a row and gave me a ticket both times!! He told me that he had the right to do that because the state allows him, I thought you were allowed ten days so I was going to wait until I had a day off...

Let me say that he is right... When I had these encounters these cops were just mean...

I know someone who drove around without a headlight, and the cops would do stakeouts so that they could repeatedly write them tickets..

Old 06-09-2007, 02:56 PM

18 posts, read 72,585 times
MattDenn said:
Quote:
I think Downtown Omaha has nice architecture and some new construction but there isnt enough people down there.

The streets only have a decent amount of people on them downtown for the lunch hour only to walk to get a sandwich or lunch and back to work.

During the evenings and on weekends very few out and about in Downtown Omaha. They some a moderate-sized residential base but a vast majority of the people tend to isolate themselves in their apartment buildings.

It seems to me that the ramification of being one of least pedestrian friendly cities in the country is that they have a downtown Omaha which has a fairly bland retail scene for a Downtown of its size.
Anybody who has been downtown Omaha this weekend can see what a Joke this thread is. Downtown Omaha is hopping. Last night Slowdown had it's grand opening....people everywhere.

Today we have "Taste of Omaha" going on all along the riverfront from Rick's through Freedom Park, there's "Sand in the City" at Miller's Landing, the circus is at the Qwest Center, the gay pride parade was this morning. There are people walking and biking everywhere around downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha