Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 06:14 PM

158 posts, read 1,085,359 times

Advertisements

I applied for a position in Omaha. My family and I live in Bismarck, ND. I've done some research on the Omaha area. I have some questions and remarks. My position would be between boystown and Millard, right by Oak View Mall. It appears this is a fairly new area. My wife has always worded customer service in call centers. Are there any near this area of my work? What rates are preschool or daycare rates go monthly? I have an 8 and 4 year old. When I lived near Minnesota, I loved driving for hours around the lakes and forests. Is there much as far as scenery to drive through? Realize that I grew up and lived in ND my whole life. The flat plains are not new to me. Not to seem to naive, but what is blight? I read about it on several posts stating that Omaha has areas of blight. From what I read it sounds like Omaha is a larger version of a Fargo, Sioux Falls, Bismarck type city. We are not into going to bars and nightclubs. Dont care for the nightlife. Got Kids. It seems that Omaha has quite an array of special restraunts. When I visit, what restraunt do I need to visit above all others? Please don't list if my food will run over $100 for a couple. I have many questions but will wait if I get the job.
Mattden please dont respond to this, I don't respect your opinion.

Last edited by snowblind9; 03-31-2007 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: needed to add one sentence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 06:49 AM

1,119 posts, read 4,201,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowblind9 View Post
I applied for a position in Omaha. My family and I live in Bismarck, ND. I've done some research on the Omaha area. I have some questions and remarks. My position would be between boystown and Millard, right by Oak View Mall. It appears this is a fairly new area. My wife has always worded customer service in call centers. Are there any near this area of my work? What rates are preschool or daycare rates go monthly? I have an 8 and 4 year old. When I lived near Minnesota, I loved driving for hours around the lakes and forests. Is there much as far as scenery to drive through? Realize that I grew up and lived in ND my whole life. The flat plains are not new to me. Not to seem to naive, but what is blight? I read about it on several posts stating that Omaha has areas of blight. From what I read it sounds like Omaha is a larger version of a Fargo, Sioux Falls, Bismarck type city. We are not into going to bars and nightclubs. Dont care for the nightlife. Got Kids. It seems that Omaha has quite an array of special restraunts. When I visit, what restraunt do I need to visit above all others? Please don't list if my food will run over $100 for a couple. I have many questions but will wait if I get the job.
Mattden please dont respond to this, I don't respect your opinion.

Im not sure about day care as I dont have any kids, but there are call centers all over, the best place to find a job in one is at www.careerlink.org and click on omaha, but there's sitel, west, noll, amongst the many in the area.. Im a prime therapeutics on 114th and dodge, really OMaha is a 20 minute city (non-rush hour) that is, you can get anywhere in just about twenty minutes, so just have fun searching, and the food is awesome here and not very highly priced, i mean there are upscale restaurants like the cheesecake factory, the upstream etc.. that will run you a little more, but man are they worth it..

Oh yeah, and omaha does not have much blight...

Last edited by ehenningsen; 04-01-2007 at 07:47 AM..

Old 04-01-2007, 07:39 AM

482 posts, read 2,227,505 times
I for one always like going to a BBQ place just west I-680 on Center Street. You get a good meal and it don't cost that much. Also you will be close to this place. It is on the south side of Center Street. I don't remember the name of the place, just know how to get there.

You will like driving along the Missouri or Platte Rivers which has lots of nice trees and the drive is a nice one. Just take one of our back roads, but beware you will be in the rural areas of Nebraska and this is where all of our rude and crime rates are high at according to MattDen, which is just a bunch of BS.

Welcome to Nebraska.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:47 AM

Default Kosnebear..

Kosnebear is the expert on the overall aspect of Nebraska..DTO, brad and Stargazer are Omaha experts

Old 04-01-2007, 07:49 AM

Thank you ehenningsen I just love Nebraska and everything we have to offer. How is you golf game?

Old 04-01-2007, 08:00 AM

Just remembered the name of the BBQ place. It is Ozark Smoked Meat Co at 114 & West Center Rd. Small place but for my opinion it is great food and great service that does not cost you much.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:04 AM

Smile ...

Still terrible, lol, but love to play.. when I get a chance

Old 04-01-2007, 08:18 AM

May 9th I will be back in Nebraska looking to play a round or two. Maybe go to Quarry Oaks one time . To let my younger son kick my butt .

Old 04-01-2007, 08:38 AM

Default I hear...

the one in gothenberg is just as good as some of the best in the world, and is very cheap compared to them... i started a thread on it on the nebraska board...

Old 04-01-2007, 02:00 PM

Iron Horse is a nice one, but I just won't have time to go there this time around. So will have to go to Quarry Oaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha