Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 01:46 AM

605 posts, read 1,199,011 times

Advertisements

Here is a thread were we all can share our horror stories of businesses behaving badly.

UHaul = They overbooked one day on their moving vans. We got our van 4 hours late, and therefore returned it 4 hours late and were still charged deposit, full fees and late fees. They refused to return any money, they refused to discount anything. Ironically, some years later the very same establishment burned down. (Bellevue location)

Jenson Tire = Went to them for an oil change. They didn't completely lock the hood of my car, and it flopped open while I drove down Dodge St, shattering my windshield. They refused to pay for my window. And of course I didn't have the money to sue. (Bellevue location)

Zio's = Horrible treatment of their employees. IE: They attempted to hold a paycheck from an employee to force them to take a test. Labor law violation. I will be picketing outside their Old Market location later this week, hopefully. Get your camera's out, your about to see a sole gay Asian fool take on Omaha's favorite pizza place. Don't eat at Zio's!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 07:49 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,775 times
Hmm, I love Zio's. I eat there all the time and they treat me great!

And your car hood should not just "flop" open while you are driving. "Tommy Boy" was not based on a true story.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Hmm, I love Zio's. I eat there all the time and they treat me great!

And your car hood should not just "flop" open while you are driving. "Tommy Boy" was not based on a true story.
Say hi when you walk by then! LOL

As usual, you miss something I say.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:37 AM

3,340 posts, read 9,691,424 times
I prefer Momma's Pizza to Zios, I really don't care for Zios at all, and good luck with your protest!

Old 04-21-2009, 08:41 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,684,537 times
Hmmmmm... My family always gets take & bake pizza from Papa Murphy's, on 90th Street, north of Fort. We love it!

Old 04-21-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
I prefer Momma's Pizza to Zios, I really don't care for Zios at all, and good luck with your protest!

THANKS!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Hmmmmm... My family always gets take & bake pizza from Papa Murphy's, on 90th Street, north of Fort. We love it!

I'll tell people to go there!!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 09:50 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
I'll tell people to go there!!!!
I figured you out. I'm usually a pretty good judge of character, but I think I've got you figured out now.

You're always being a drama queen. You will do anything for attention. I mean really, who in the right mind stands out in front of a pizza place because of some hear say about employee mistreatment. Don't you embarrass yourself or are you just trying to get people to look at you?

Old 04-21-2009, 02:07 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Oh blah blah --- Lets share stories! Maybe it help someone to not get screwed over.

Here is mine:

Golds Gym. We belonged for about a year. During that time we changed banks. Unbeknownest to me my dh had his Golds membership taken out automatically from the old account. So, I go into to cancel the membership and find out I owe about four months back fees. Fine, I understand that and I did apologize for the misunderstanding. Then I am told that I need to pay about $200 worth of late fees. What?! That would be fine except they never told me that I owed them money. I went to that Golds many times during the period it wasn't getting paid and they never let me know. They said that me knowing is not their problem. I said how am I to pay you if I don't know that I owe you? As a business owner I would think that it would be beneficial to contact members who have not paid their fees. The head biyotch manager told me (and I quote) "If we had to contact all of our members who haven't paid their dues then we would get nothing done".
Again I ask -- how does this make any business sense whatsoever?
So, I paid the money only to get a letter from Golds Gym saying that I now needed to pay close to $500 or they would sell the debt to a collection agency. I called the number, the lady on the phone had to call the Golds Gym directly to find out what the deal was and gosh darn it! Wouldn't you know that manager bi**ch from hell forgot to enter our payment into the system?!
Luckily we did get it cleared up, but be forewarned -- there are too many other excellent gyms in Omaha, don't get tied up in one that would treat members in such a shabby manner.

And good luck with your protest SurfOmaha!

Old 04-21-2009, 03:10 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,011,835 times
I'll give you Uhaul!

You reserve a truck and then you get there and its not there when you go to pick it up and they simply say its NOT guaranteed. Well, we reserved it for 8 am and we couldn't get it until 5 p.m. Yet...as SurfOmaha points out they expect to be paid in full for the truck.

Its happened twice and I'll never do business with them again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha