Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 11:56 PM

2 posts, read 6,457 times

Advertisements

Try using [url]www.nearlots.com[/url], it shows current available apartments on a map. Also, you can look at pricing statistics and filter your results for the apartments with lowest commute time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 07:49 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,748,747 times
We lived in Orange for three years, near the Mainplace Mall. We had a townhouse, which was pretty nice, and we were a few blocks from "the circle" (a pretty roundabout). Our complex got water bugs, a bland name for big roaches. We weren't dirty people--they just lived in the area and would come inside at times.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:38 AM

674 posts, read 1,621,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom63376 View Post
Do yourself a favor and get and apt in Irvine. It's a 10min drive to Orange
and it is new, safe, and very nice.. Yuppie even..

Apts can be had in Irvine for about the same rent but you will live in such
a better part of town.. Orange is not the worst but not the best choice
either..

Go online and search on the Irvine company. They have all the best
rentals...

I agree.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:26 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,922,272 times
Old town Orange is the best place in OC IMO. The south county cities have no character whatsoever (except Laguna and SJC which are not affordable, nor accessible). If you do not want milquetoast, then Orange is the place for you. It is very nice.

Old town Orange has no commercial luxury apartment complexes. If that is what you are looking for then you are looking in the wrong place.

There are lots of houses, duplexes, quads, etc. There are also a very large number of granny flats built over garages in many of the older homes. Such places are not widely advertised. I am not sure how you find one other than driving around looking for signs, or word of mouth. Try the OC register, or try Chapman. Some people will advertise at Chapman thinking that a college student will be a better tenant. I would avoid the 10-20 unit older complexes near old town unless you have time to check them out carefully. A lot of those are really awful.

there are some newer apt/condo complexes along main street (Memory Lane and Town & Country) that are newish and pretty nice. I do nto know if they are condos or apts. They have some convenience being right by the mall. I do nto think that they have pools and other ameneties and I do not know what they cost.

If you are looking for the luxury apartment type of living, then do not look in Orange. Try Irvine, Newport Beach, or Tustin. The luxury apartments are neat. Pools, gyms, usually a small grocery, dry cleaner pick up everything is right there in your complex. They are also virtual cities of Young people, so they are great places to meet other young people. You pay more for the conveniences, and you give up living a a neat place with character, but they can be neat places to live for young people. You will not get those kind of amenities in a granny flat. Still, I would choose old town over a luxury apt any day, but them I an not a young UN, and even when I was, I was different.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:51 AM

250 posts, read 413,622 times
I live in Orange, your best bet could be to find someone with a room to rent at a nice house. There are some big homes in Orange and I'm sure many wouldn't mind having a roommate.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:04 PM

6 posts, read 11,888 times
Default Finding an apartment in Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennib01 View Post
I'm moving from North Providence RI to Orange CA for school but unfortunately I can't fly over to look for apartments before the move. I've looked on many rental websites and even posted on Craigslist but it seems to be really difficult to find a good apartment in Orange. Every time I find a place that sounds decent, I google the site and I usually find tons of bad reviews ranging from leaking ceilings to car vandalism. Anyone have any advice?
Jennib01: We're flying there to check out a few apts. this next weekend w/ my son who will be attending Chapman. We're having an awful time trying to find something we can afford that is safe and clean and in a decent area! The reviews are keeping me up at night. We're looking in Santa Ana, Anaheim, Garden Grove and Orange. Irvine seems alittle bit farther away and out of our price range. What are you looking for? We're going to check out a one bdrm since he doesn't know anyone there. Moving from Colorado, California seems a world away. Let us know if you find something great. Where will you be going to school? He'll be focusing on screenwriting and will be a Jr at Chapman. Good luck and hope everything goes your way!
Search4housing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County