Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 05:55 AM

26 posts, read 68,014 times

Advertisements

Well… it’s been over 10 years that I had made the move. Still living in Belmont Shore in Long Beach. I’m not homeless nor destitute and actually doing quite well. I miss cleveland but in hindsight this was the right move to make for me.

My career has advanced at a pace and in a way that never would have happened back in Ohio, and for that I am thankful! I have found a second home up in Mammoth so my weekends during the winter are spent playing in the snow.

Go Browns!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2021, 06:32 AM

176 posts, read 220,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJC View Post
Well… it’s been over 10 years that I had made the move. Still living in Belmont Shore in Long Beach. I’m not homeless nor destitute and actually doing quite well. I miss cleveland but in hindsight this was the right move to make for me.

My career has advanced at a pace and in a way that never would have happened back in Ohio, and for that I am thankful! I have found a second home up in Mammoth so my weekends during the winter are spent playing in the snow.

Go Browns!
JTJC,

I love that you, as the OP, actually came back a month, a year, two years, (maybe 5?), and now a decade later to update your thread. That is nearly unheard of, but amazing to be able to read and share a brief long term journey from initial fears and doubts to confident and glad to have taken that first step.

You did not update, I noticed, anything about the MM property, the dog, or the fiancee (now wife? Kids?). Loved 2nd street in college, probably for the exact reason you hate 2nd street now. Being a drunk college kid doing the 2nd street crawl from A.I. - Acapulco Inn - to Panama Jacks to Clearmans to Legends and back :-). Is Hof's Hut still there - they were a great breakfast option. I'm sure you've done a Naples gondola ride?

Fun thread!

Old 12-21-2021, 04:14 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,299,218 times
Quote:
I have found a second home up in Mammoth so my weekends during the winter are spent playing in the snow.
I'd have bought a house in Brian Head instead.

Old 01-12-2022, 03:06 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,573,025 times
Quote:

Go Browns!

That’s wonderful O.P.^^ IMO Long Beach has a lot of crime but Belmont Shore is nice…so is Naples from what I remember. AND it is probably a million times better than Cleveland. I grew up in LAC AND my husband & I bought a new home in OC last month. I’m super excited. Did you have a lot to move? What moving company did you use? Tho that was a long time ago……

Old 01-22-2022, 12:49 PM

26 posts, read 68,014 times
@TimTheEnchantor - Brian Head is fun… but I think if I were going lock down a place in UT I’d aim for Ogden or somewhere near Powder Mtn. Also, long seasons in Mammoth, when Mother Nature offers the goods, can’t be beat.

@CrosbyStills lol, yeah… ex-GF, no kids, but same dog! Sadly the AI is gone, but I spend many frustrating Sunday mornings at Legends watching the Browns (usually) lose. 2nd street is a love/hate relationship but overall I really like it. Walking and access to dinner and drinks. Hofs is no longer on 2nd, but there is a location on PCH right around the corner. And yes, I have don’t the gondola ride through Naples early on when I moved here! I kayak often in the summers through the canals.

Old 02-13-2022, 09:58 AM

10,300 posts, read 6,822,244 times
Meanwhile, it's 22F w/snow in Cleveland! LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County