Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 08:57 AM

8 posts, read 8,071 times

Advertisements

I am a real estate broker associate in FL who specializes in ocean front and high end, resort properties in a vacation home market. I'll be visiting the area next week for 10 days to explore a little, am considering a move to Orange County after the summer and was wondering how the market is there for agents..?? I am a top producer for my company in my local FL market and am excited about possible opportunities in the SoCal market! Any comments or advise you can offer would be much appreciated!!

Last edited by ntl158; 05-01-2011 at 09:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 09:10 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,275,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntl158 View Post
I am a real estate broker associate in FL who specializes in ocean front and high end, resort properties in a vacation home market. I'll be visiting the area next week for 10 days to explore a little, am considering a move to Orange County after the summer and was wondering how the market is there for agents..?? I am a top producer for my company in my local FL market and am excited about possible opportunities in the SoCal market! Any comments or advise you can offer would be much appreciated!!
Frying pan into the fire?

Old 05-01-2011, 09:51 AM

Very funny! I do very well in the FL market, but my wife and I are thinking of moving to SoCal, so I thought I might get some feedback on the market there. I guess I'll have a better feel for it after visiting, but agent comments are welcome in the meantime.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:21 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,977,612 times
This is not a forum exclusive to real estate agents. If you don't want our comments then ... oh well ... find a real estate agent forum.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:38 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,472,244 times
The high end is dead. Oddly enough, without liar's loans, few people have $1M+ to spend on a house. There's already plenty of agents with long established networks serving this shrinking market. This would be a bad time for an outsider to break in.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:51 AM

Don9.. I don't mind general comments from whoever, although agent comments will be the most helpful. I know how these forums work, but thanks anyway for all your valuable insight!

Thanks agents for your feedback..

Old 05-01-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Don9.. I don't mind general comments from whoever, although agent comments will be the most helpful. I know how these forums work, but thanks anyway for all your valuable insight!

Thanks agents for your feedback..
Well you had me wondering ...

Did you think you would get a response like "Come on over and share in the tremendous commissions while we continue to fool these suckers into buying still over priced homes in a declining market"?

Old 05-01-2011, 11:45 AM

3,901 posts, read 4,552,508 times
Quote:
According to a realtor we met at an open house who is selling his million dollar executive home for 600 grand so he can pay off his 90 thousand dollar credit card bills and moving to the desert where he had bought an "investment property" with a tear down dwelling and no running water that was supposed to be fixed up by now to sell in the future... not good.

Then again if you're a short sale miracle man, who knows?

Old 05-01-2011, 11:55 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,275,280 times
As in Florida, I'm sure it's still way too many agents chasing way too few sales with a lot of initially promising deals falling apart due to financing problems or loss or distraction of buyer interest. Plan on going months without any commissions. I know some very experienced agents and brokers in both FL and SoCal markets right now resorting to rentals to at least cover some expenses.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
As in Florida, I'm sure it's still way too many agents chasing way too few sales with a lot of initially promising deals falling apart due to financing problems or loss or distraction of buyer interest. Plan on going months without any commissions. I know some very experienced agents and brokers in both FL and SoCal markets right now resorting to rentals to at least cover some expenses.
From what's I have seen, Florida home values/prices have dropped significantly ... California is still Fantasyland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County