Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 12:26 AM

88 posts, read 296,543 times

Advertisements

I don't live in Talega but I live in San Clemente. There isn't really much around Talega except for WalMart and a dog park. You're better off living somewhere closer to the coast and Del Mar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 06:38 AM

29 posts, read 83,605 times
piggy, do you have children? how do you like living in san clemente? if anyone on here lives in san clemente and likes certain neighborhoods i'd love to know. we have kids 11 and under, and am looking for family friendly areas with great schools. we are torn between ladera ranch/las flores and san clemente. any advice?

Old 06-20-2011, 08:08 AM

80 posts, read 306,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone007 View Post
If you want me to connect you with my friend that lives in Talega, let me know...
That would be great -- thanks, I appreciate that! Could you PM me with contact info?

Old 06-21-2011, 06:47 AM

16 posts, read 40,646 times
soundsGood2 and Chicago5: I am in the very same situation as you both: young kids, relocating from out of state and trying to decide about Talega vs Ladera vs others. We will be renting first, so want to find a rental in same school as we can buy.

Love San Clemente, but curious about what it would be like to have kids and live in the actual town of San Clemente not Talega....isolated rather than family centered? Have the very same pros and cons for all, and have posted similar questions. Would either of you mind sending me a PM if you get any additional info not posted? I will do the same. My husband is starting his job in Irvine on Monday and will be scoping out things and looking for a temporary rental for us once the entire family joins him at the end of the summer. Thanks!

Old 06-21-2011, 06:51 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiepie View Post
want to find a rental in same school as we can buy.
This will be tough. At least rent in the same district that you intend to buy, CUSD, SVUSD or Irvine.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
This will be tough.
True. But it's the best way to go if possible.

Sadiepie, we keep going back and forth -- torn between Ladera and Talega. Ladera seems to have the most amenities and things to do and is certainly closer to shopping, but Talega has the beach nearby plus larger homes / lots for the money and probably is a bit cooler (all attractive to us).

Sure, I'd be happy to share any info I find via PM. Please do the same.

Thanks!

Old 06-21-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundsGood2 View Post
True. But it's the best way to go if possible.

Sadiepie, we keep going back and forth -- torn between Ladera and Talega. Ladera seems to have the most amenities and things to do and is certainly closer to shopping, but Talega has the beach nearby plus larger homes / lots for the money and probably is a bit cooler (all attractive to us).

Sure, I'd be happy to share any info I find via PM. Please do the same.

Thanks!
Devil's Advocate:

How many days a year to you think you would drive to the beach if you lived in Talega? How many if you lived in Ladera? Ladera is maybe 10-15 minutes farther to the beach. If you go to the beach 10 times a year (and who does that?) that's maybe four or five hours total difference over a year. How many extra hours might you be driving north for other amenities?

We've lived in Las Flores, right next to Ladera, since early September and I think I've (Mr. Cheap) had the A/C on once. Of course, we haven't lived here during the hottest months either but there's almost always an afternoon breeze so opening the windows is almost always good enough.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:38 PM

Charles, I'm guessing that you're too busy posting comments in this forum to go to the beach.

But all kidding aside, it's a valid point that I've already taken into consideration.

Thanks!

Old 06-21-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundsGood2 View Post
Charles, I'm guessing that you're too busy posting comments in this forum to go to the beach.
They aren't mutually exclusive activities. Now that I have 3G mobile broadband for my Dell Mini 10, I go to the beach.

No broadband, no Charles.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:00 PM

450 posts, read 1,407,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Devil's Advocate:

How many days a year to you think you would drive to the beach if you lived in Talega? How many if you lived in Ladera? Ladera is maybe 10-15 minutes farther to the beach. If you go to the beach 10 times a year (and who does that?) that's maybe four or five hours total difference over a year. How many extra hours might you be driving north for other amenities?

We've lived in Las Flores, right next to Ladera, since early September and I think I've (Mr. Cheap) had the A/C on once. Of course, we haven't lived here during the hottest months either but there's almost always an afternoon breeze so opening the windows is almost always good enough.
Hahaha Charles, lots of people go to the beach more than 10 times a year. Its Southern California!!! I probably go at least once per week and people in San Clemente often are at the beach 3 times a week and in the summer sometimes daily! Its the beach life. Plus, you can almost always see it in San Clemente which makes the area beautiful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County