Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2011, 09:15 PM

2 posts, read 2,861 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'll be relocating to Orange County soon because of a new job. I and wife are really tired of apartment living and want to rent a house or a townhome this time. The housing seems to be pretty expensive in Irvine where my new company is located in. I am really having a hard time finding a home with the following criteria:
- $2,300 limit for rent (less is better of course)
- Minimum 2 beds/2 baths and at least 1250sf of space
- A garage
- Washer/dryer
- Hardwood floors and a decent renovated kitchen (new appliances etc)
- Close proximity to decent restaurants and theatres

I am sure many will tell me that I should search in craigslist myself. I did and could not find anything there which would fit my criteria. I also have no idea which neighborhoods are good places to live in. We don't have children yet so the school district is not important at all. Should I work with a real estate agent? Are there any other websites I can use for my search? How far can I be from Irvine and still not suffer a lot from the commute (I prefer no more than 30 minutes of one way commute)?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 12:25 AM

61 posts, read 301,197 times
What part of Irvine will you be working in and when will you be moving? We live in Lake Forest, which is just South of Irvine, but costs a lot less. My husband's commute into Irvine near the airport is always less than 30 minutes. I definitely see at least a couple things on craigslist that might meet your criteria here in Lake Forest. Like this one (http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/apa/2556504758.html - broken link) or this one (http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/apa/2504732382.html - broken link). (I am in no way affiliated with these properties and know nothing about them other than the fact that they are located in what I consider nice neighborhoods ) I would also check Foothill Ranch, Aliso Viejo, Mission Viejo, and Laguna Niguel. I can also recommend a good realtor, if you are interested in his info, send me a PM. Good luck in your search!

Old 08-21-2011, 10:54 AM

2 posts, read 2,861 times
The office is within walking distance to the Spectrum. Thanks for your help. I'll check those listings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County