Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,538 times

Advertisements

hi,

My fiance is a student at UCI and I am looking relocate to California from NY this september 1. I am a graphic designer/print production and hope to find job in the area or commute to LA via the metrolink. Can anyone suggest a nice apartment complex or rental agent?

Looking for apt with:
-$1900 range
-no too many college students
- semi quiet
- pool
- parking for 2 cars
- close to the metrolink station
- Clean

thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 11:19 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,768,787 times
The Irvine Company owns many(most?) of the complexes around here. In order to be by the Metrolink station you'll want to be near the Spectrum, which is one of the most expensive areas for rentals IIRC. I'd check out the Irvine Co website

Old 08-06-2010, 11:08 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,467,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laliz View Post
hi,

My fiance is a student at UCI and I am looking relocate to California from NY this september 1. I am a graphic designer/print production and hope to find job in the area or commute to LA via the metrolink. Can anyone suggest a nice apartment complex or rental agent?

Looking for apt with:
-$1900 range
-no too many college students
- semi quiet
- pool
- parking for 2 cars
- close to the metrolink station
- Clean

thank you very much!
You can also board metrolink trains at the Tustin train station which is right off Irvine Center drive across the city border in Tustin. Check out the Irvine Apartment Communities website, but there are a couple complexes - IIRC "Winwood Glen" is one, as well as Santa Maria - just a 1/2 mile or so away on the Irvine side. These would be a 15 minute drive to UCI for the fiance.

As alluded to earlier, IAC owns like 75%+ of the apartments in the city. There are also some newer high rises apartments along Jamboree road - not IAC properties - that would be a 5 minute drive to the tustin station and, again 10-15 minutes to UCI.

Good Luck

Old 08-06-2010, 11:32 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,949,630 times
Calypso, Avalon, Camden, and Main Street Village all look really nice, but if you're willing to sacrifice some space for cheaper rent, then Irvine Co. has a bunch of communities going the other direction on Jamboree. They're also about 5 minutes from the Tustin station, but 20 minutes from UCI. The Woodbury neighborhood should be about 10 minutes from the Irvine station and 15 minutes from UCI.

When you find a job, be sure to see how accessible it is to the nearest Metrolink, if that's how you plan to commute. Important to keep in mind that SoCal's passenger rail system is probably about 5% as comprehensive as NYC's, if that.

That said, my suggestions would be Calypso, Avalon, Camden, or Main Street Village if you have the money and want to spend it. 1 br's go for around $1700/mo, I believe, but 2 br's are $2000+
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County