Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2008, 10:11 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,439,815 times

Advertisements

Here are some pictures of Christmas light displays up in the affluent equestrian community of Nellie Gail Ranch in Laguna Hills.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 11:02 PM

15 posts, read 51,470 times
Missionhome - You've made such wonderful contributions to this thread (and many, many others!), and so have the rest of you. I hope that when the time comes for me to get my placement (Federal Aviation Administration), I'll get SNA/John Wayne. The OC feels like a perfect fit for me, and these pictures have only solidified it!
Happy Holidays all!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:28 PM

342 posts, read 1,428,055 times
Great night time shots MissionHome. What type camera and did you use a tripod and use longer exposure? I would like to try to take some but I am pretty sure mine would not be anywhere near the quality of yours. It was down to 0 degree's today and way colder with the wind chill, so I am sure mine would be really blurry from shaking in the cold (ha ha). It took 45 minutes to get home tonight and my car still wasn't warmed up. My daughter got a new camera last summer - I should ask her to take a few shots of Christmas lights to see how they turn out.

Thanks for sharing those.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveOC View Post
Great night time shots MissionHome. What type camera and did you use a tripod and use longer exposure? I would like to try to take some but I am pretty sure mine would not be anywhere near the quality of yours. It was down to 0 degree's today and way colder with the wind chill, so I am sure mine would be really blurry from shaking in the cold (ha ha). It took 45 minutes to get home tonight and my car still wasn't warmed up. My daughter got a new camera last summer - I should ask her to take a few shots of Christmas lights to see how they turn out.

Thanks for sharing those.
It isn't anything amazing. I use a Olympus SP-570 UZ Digital Camera, a Cannon Power Shot Digital Camera, or an Olympus C-676 Ultra Zoom Digital. I only use a tripod for stuff like family photos usually. Otherwise the digital camera usually corrects for any shaking and focuses in pretty good.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:55 PM

I just took these from the top of my street because I had a busy morning, but here are some pictures of the snow that formed on Saddleback Mountain from Mission Viejo. Hopefully it won't all melt too soon.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:05 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,057,202 times
Great pix! It's so nice to see for a change... But I did notice less snow this morning than yesterday... With the sun shining today, I imagine it will melt more.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:05 PM

298 posts, read 716,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala666 View Post
What kind of professional are you on $50k pa.
As an American you should be ashamed of yourself and as someone said lets get back to the pictures.
It's very common for professionals in other parts of the country to make $50K or even less. It depends not only on level of experience but also cost of living. I read somewhere that the bottom 10% of lawyers makes something like ~$30K range salary.

In any case, no matter how much money you make, if you're a butthole about it then nobody will want to talk to you anyways (unless they want to use you for something.) So try being nice.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:03 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,237,341 times
Loving all the pics, thanks.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:27 PM

Mission Viejo

Bathgate Elementary of CUSD serves the large Califia neighborhood, Auburn Ridge, and a portion of Pacific Hills. Students continue on to Newhart Middle and then Capistrano Valley High. Bathgate is one of MV's finest. The API is 917 giving it a 10/10 rank.

CVS is the slightly aging Mission Viejo Village Center, one of the cities first shopping centers. Adjacent to this store is a new CVS division called "Beauty 360." The location is the second in the entire USA and it just opened (the first location is in DC). Beauty 360 will sell high-end brands such as Laura Geller, Canyon Ranch and Borba, and will not sell any of the mainstream beauty brands such as Maybelline, Cover Girl or Revlon typically found at CVS. It will also offer manicures, facials and other services to differentiate itself from competitors. Products are to range from $15-$175.

More from the MV Village Center.

This In-n-Out is off of Avery Parkway on Camino Capistrano, underneath the tollroad overpass. It has been here a while and gets really crowded. There is only four bar style seats inside so this is mainly a drive through only one.

Santa arriving MV Lake Style.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:00 PM

342 posts, read 1,428,055 times
I love seeing Santa arrive by boat. And it is nice to see open water - our lakes are all frozen here in Minnesota.

By the way - is that a jacaranda tree in the schoolyard shot? I love them. Is this the normal time for them to bloom??? If you can get any more shots of them I would love it.

Thanks for the photo's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County