Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 08:03 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,437,098 times

Advertisements

Some more random southern Orange County pics from Blackberry (sorry about quality). Hope we can get some more of the rest of the county

Stoneridge, a guard gated neighborhood of homes in the 2,800-4,000 square foot range in northern Mission Viejo. Many many families in this neighborhood. I was picking my daughter up at a friend's house here and there were kids on most of the streets of all ages. This neighborhood attends CUSD schools of Barcelona Hills Elementary, Newhart Middle, and Capistrano Valley High.

Front shot of El Toro High School, the main school serving Lake Forest, CA. Most of Lake Forest (except for a few most northern neighborhoods like Foothill Ranch) attend El Toro High (Foothill goes to Trabuco Hills). The API is 815, the school has a more down to the earth culture than some schools, and there are good AP and IB Programs. Currently Saddleback Valley Unified plans on ending the IB program at El Toro and Trabuco Hills (leaving it at Mission Viejo and Laguna Hills High) in two years.

This is just a random street shot of the "Woods at Lake Forest." It is a large area where the "forest" name in Lake Forest comes from. The community has thousands and thousands of large eucalyptus trees scattered throughout the homes to make a forest like feel. These trees are protected by the homeowners associations. Some residents HATE these trees because they have grown so large. The trees shed a TON and make a huge mess. Many of the roofs are stained for example from the leaves falling on the roofs. The trees were only spaced 1-3 feet apart. I wouldn't want to be here in an earthquake as the average property has maybe 25 tall eucaluptus trees often right up against home walls. "The Woods" attends Santiago Elementary, Serrano Intermediate, and El Toro High.

It you want to see what this looks like around a home, check this sample listing.
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest...0/home/4828872

This is the first Sonic Burgers to open in south Orange County. It is on the Mission Viejo side of the MV-Lake Forest border at the Jeronimo/Los Alisos intersection. It opened June 1st to huge lines and is stagging cars at Target's parking lot across the street due to traffic. Hopefully the excitement will die down so there won't be so much traffic. Current average waits for a eat in car stall is one hour.

Great place, King's Fish House at the Laguna Hills Mall. I recommend it.

The new Nordstrom Rack at the Laguna Hills Mall. Compliments the more expensive Nordstrom at Irvine Spectrum and Shops at Mission Viejo.

Last edited by missionhome; 06-03-2009 at 08:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 09:09 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post

This is the first Sonic Burgers to open in south Orange County......Current average waits for a eat in car stall is one hour.
That is so hard to believe.

I tried Sonics and found the food kind of plain and the ice cream/shakes kind of light, like non fat milk was used. (I mean, if I'm going to eat something bad, I want it to taste fattening and make me feel really guilty.) Maybe that's the one here but they probably are all the same coast to coast.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
That is so hard to believe.

I tried Sonics and found the food kind of plain and the ice cream/shakes kind of light, like non fat milk was used. (I mean, if I'm going to eat something bad, I want it to taste fattening and make me feel really guilty.) Maybe that's the one here but they probably are all the same coast to coast.
I think the lines will die down once people try the food and get over the "excitement" of a new place. I don't think it is going to be a place like In-n-Out that has a consistent line at lunch and dinner. I've never been to a Sonic Burgers and most other people in south Orange County haven't either so the excitement once everyone tries it will die down (I think there are only 5 in L.A./OC/IE area). In the local paper, they were interviewing people that drove from even northern San Diego County and central OC in the line.

Personally, I'm more excited that TK Burgers opened off La Paz Rd. near Mission Viejo High. That was very good.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:25 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,148,902 times
Default How much for the house??

Just out of curiosity about how much is one of the 4000 square foot homes there in Mission Viejo??

Thanks...

Quote:
Some more random southern Orange County pics from Blackberry (sorry about quality). Hope we can get some more of the rest of the county

Stoneridge, a guard gated neighborhood of homes in the 2,800-4,000 square foot range in northern Mission Viejo. Many many families in this neighborhood. I was picking my daughter up at a friend's house here and there were kids on most of the streets of all ages. This neighborhood attends CUSD schools of Barcelona Hills Elementary, Newhart Middle, and Capistrano Valley High.

Front shot of El Toro High School, the main school serving Lake Forest, CA. Most of Lake Forest (except for a few most northern neighborhoods like Foothill Ranch) attend El Toro High (Foothill goes to Trabuco Hills). The API is 815, the school has a more down to the earth culture than some schools, and there are good AP and IB Programs. Currently Saddleback Valley Unified plans on ending the IB program at El Toro and Trabuco Hills (leaving it at Mission Viejo and Laguna Hills High) in two years.

This is just a random street shot of the "Woods at Lake Forest." It is a large area where the "forest" name in Lake Forest comes from. The community has thousands and thousands of large eucalyptus trees scattered throughout the homes to make a forest like feel. These trees are protected by the homeowners associations. Some residents HATE these trees because they have grown so large. The trees shed a TON and make a huge mess. Many of the roofs are stained for example from the leaves falling on the roofs. The trees were only spaced 1-3 feet apart. I wouldn't want to be here in an earthquake as the average property has maybe 25 tall eucaluptus trees often right up against home walls. "The Woods" attends Santiago Elementary, Serrano Intermediate, and El Toro High.

It you want to see what this looks like around a home, check this sample listing.
25002 Ravenswood, Lake Forest, CA 92630 | MLS# S567644

This is the first Sonic Burgers to open in south Orange County. It is on the Mission Viejo side of the MV-Lake Forest border at the Jeronimo/Los Alisos intersection. It opened June 1st to huge lines and is stagging cars at Target's parking lot across the street due to traffic. Hopefully the excitement will die down so there won't be so much traffic. Current average waits for a eat in car stall is one hour.

Great place, King's Fish House at the Laguna Hills Mall. I recommend it.

The new Nordstrom Rack at the Laguna Hills Mall. Compliments the more expensive Nordstrom at Irvine Spectrum and Shops at Mission Viejo.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Just out of curiosity about how much is one of the 4000 square foot homes there in Mission Viejo??

Thanks...
In the Stonridge neighborhood specifically, the current listings are at:
4,000 sq. feet: $1,350,000
3,900 sq. feet: $1,069,000
4,000 sq. feet: $986,000
3,800 sq. feet: $915,000
3,900 sq. feet: $875,000
3,800 sq. feet: $825,000

There are only three other homes around 4,000 (+/- 300) sq. feet in Mission Viejo for sale.
One in Canyon Crest, custom home, 3,900 sq. feet listed at $1,200,000.
Two in San Marino, waterfront on Lake MV and custom homes, listed at $2,470,000 (4,200 sq. feet) and $2,579,000 (4,000 sq. feet)

Old 06-04-2009, 01:25 AM

Default Thanks for sharing missionhome

Thanks for sharing for others to see the prices. The house you shared in your pic was very nice but like I said expensive!!! That 3,800 sq. ft home would sell in my part of the country for around $300,000. That is amazing to me

Quote:
In the Stonridge neighborhood specifically, the current listings are at:
4,000 sq. feet: $1,350,000
3,900 sq. feet: $1,069,000
4,000 sq. feet: $986,000
3,800 sq. feet: $915,000
3,900 sq. feet: $875,000
3,800 sq. feet: $825,000

There are only three other homes around 4,000 (+/- 300) sq. feet in Mission Viejo for sale.
One in Canyon Crest, custom home, 3,900 sq. feet listed at $1,200,000.
Two in San Marino, waterfront on Lake MV and custom homes, listed at $2,470,000 (4,200 sq. feet) and $2,579,000 (4,000 sq. feet)

Old 06-10-2009, 03:17 AM

8 posts, read 19,716 times
Default Re : PICTURES of ORANGE COUNTRY

Yes, its really nice country and all the people of this country are very hard worker and active.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:03 PM

Some more pictures:

In San Clemente, with the ocean visible

I was at a friend's house in Sea Pointe Estates. Its a beautiful neighborhood on a hill in San Clemente with great ocean views. The homes are pretty large custom homes perched among the hill side.

Sea Pointe Estates

Coming down to Camino de Estrella, a major street in San Clemente with Ocean View Plaza (pictured across street), the Kirkorian Theater, and Saddleback Hospital San Clemente Campus

This is an apartment complex at the end of Ridge Route in Laguna Hills

A workout trail along Ridge Route Rd. in Laguna Hills (wedged between Laguna Woods)

Ridge Route and Muirlands corner, with the june gloom above

Furniture Row in Laguna Hills, wedged between the freeway and border of Laguna Woods Village.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:25 PM

2 posts, read 9,474 times
Default Pictures of Southern California

Hey all, love this website as it has served me well over the years on researching many different places. I live in southern california and have lived here most of my life. Its amazing how difficult it is to find decent information on living here, so I started a blog, informational only on what its like from a family point of view living, working and vacationing in and around southern california. I'm not selling anything just trying put up something nice that has some good basic simple info for folks to look at, plus I've got several nice pictures of places my family or I like to go to. Check it out at Everydayhouse Blog and put some comments on there - im not selling anything and really just trying to create a nice site about living in so cal..there is some ads on the page but thats about it.

Thanks again city data and keep up the great work.
Buck at Everydayhouse.com

Old 06-23-2009, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Well, that is Saddleback Mountain behind Mission Viejo and snow is an extremely rare event. That is part of what makes this photo so beautiful and unique. The mountains that you can actually ski on are the San Bernardino Mountains at Big Bear Ski Resorts above Los Angeles and Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort (6 hours away). If you just want to play in the snow, you can go to San Jacinto Mountain above Palm Springs which gets it on occasion.
And sit in bumper to bumper traffic to and from. LOL. You guys crack me up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County