Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 11:59 AM

258 posts, read 533,557 times

Advertisements

I moved to San Diego in 1994.

I have lived in SD for 12 of those years and LA for 6 of those years.

I have no idea why I have not lived in OC all this time.

People in LA are from another planet and I never quite fit with the people of San Diego.

Whenever I visited OC, the people were so much more friendly and easier to be around.

Has anyone else felt this way about the people of these cites?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 02:13 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,931,898 times
No. But I tend to not generalize millions of people due to what city/county they live in. (except for the Bible Belt)

Old 01-20-2013, 05:32 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,482,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwblue View Post
I moved to San Diego in 1994.

I have lived in SD for 12 of those years and LA for 6 of those years.

I have no idea why I have not lived in OC all this time.

People in LA are from another planet and I never quite fit with the people of San Diego.

Whenever I visited OC, the people were so much more friendly and easier to be around.

Has anyone else felt this way about the people of these cites?
Where in LA were you? LA itself is HUGE and the County is even bigger.

Where in San Diego were you? It too is very large, city and county both (though SD county's and Orange County's populations are about the same).

Where in Orange County were you that had a population so much friendlier and easier to be around than your LA and SD experiences?

The answers to those questions may be a beginning to an answer for you.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:28 PM

258 posts, read 533,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltd View Post
Where in LA were you? LA itself is HUGE and the County is even bigger.

Where in San Diego were you? It too is very large, city and county both (though SD county's and Orange County's populations are about the same).

Where in Orange County were you that had a population so much friendlier and easier to be around than your LA and SD experiences?

The answers to those questions may be a beginning to an answer for you.
Anywhere in SD and LA Same people all over.

South OC.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:36 AM

8 posts, read 11,197 times
It is just a personal opinion.

jwblue didn't like the place, that's completely okay. May be he get into the touch with the people of different mindset and in OC he met with like-minded people.

Personally, I too believe OC is much more better place to live-in.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLAINTERNATIONAL View Post
It is just a personal opinion.

jwblue didn't like the place, that's completely okay. May be he get into the touch with the people of different mindset and in OC he met with like-minded people.

Personally, I too believe OC is much more better place to live-in.
Yeah, I see the personal opinion part for sure. No offense was meant by my questioning to the OP.

What he/she wants is validation, not analysis, so it seems.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwblue View Post
Anywhere in SD and LA Same people all over.

South OC.
Don't totally see that but, ok, we'll go with it.

South Orange County tends to be newer inland, more laid back on the coast.

LA and SD, generally, not so much.

I myself live in north Orange County (grew up there, too) and while I have liked where I live and have lived, cannot say it is the same as the southern part of the county. Still, it is more laid back than LA, especially the farther north and east you go.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:54 PM

123 posts, read 259,933 times
Just curious...OP, what differences do you see between LA and San Diego residents if any?

Old 01-28-2013, 09:50 AM

43,631 posts, read 44,355,249 times
My brother and his family live in Orange County and would never consider living in L.A. They just don't like L.A. and the lifestyle there. To me Orange County seems much more laid back than the life style in L.A.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:16 AM

224 posts, read 495,218 times
I think people in Orange County are very friendly, but friendly people can be found in LA and SD too. LA feels more like a melting pot of cultures, careers, ambitions, likes/dislikes... I think it's hard to label LA in one way- you'll find friendly folks there and very snotty folks there too. San Diego always seemed "closed-off" to me. You either were a resident or you weren't and by that I mean you were either "in" or "out." Everyone I knew who lived in SD was born and raised there and IF they left for college they immediately returned the minute they could. Few "outsiders" seemed to want to actually move there and settle down though they enjoyed visiting. Outsiders seem to have to work really hard to break in. This creates a vibe there that *can* make it feel unfriendly. Orange County definitely has a more friendly vibe in my opinion and while there are many "lifers" there who will never move, OC has always seemed more open to outsiders compared to SD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County