Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 03:11 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,703,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza 1313 View Post
i still try to find out,where to live...at least i have 2 months left...yorba linda seems to be a great place to live..but there is one link that kills my picture of yorba linda:

Outdoor Air Pollution - California - Yorba Linda - Cleaning

after reading thins link and having the confirmation it is true..how can I (as a mother)put my child to breathe such an air??

..somehow i have a bad conscious doing that,even if there are blue ribbon schools and is close to my husband's work...

i would struggle there..not with the income..with the pollution...but where is less polluted???close to work in corona..still trying to find out...
Well, here is the key - no place is perfect. Since your husband will be working in Corona Yorba Linda will be one of the best places in meeting your criteria within a reasonable driving distance from work. And the smog which that website talks about effects All the inland empire. It is actually worse the further east you go closer to the mtns where it gets trapped.

Your only other option really is to live further away from LA in a place like Murrieta. The smog isn't as bad there. But your husband will to deal with a long, grueling commute every day which could prove to be more hazardous than the smog you are trying to escape. Now I have never done that drive myself. But I hear a lot of the Murrieta people complaining about the traffic especially during rush hour.

Eventually he could look into relocating his job to area with less smog. But for now you have to look for a best case scenario within reasonable driving distance to Corona.

Many families do live there and they aren't all sick from the smog. But the smog can effect one's health - some more than others. So your concerns are valid.

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 09-27-2009 at 03:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 11:08 AM

160 posts, read 854,533 times
Depending on what your into and where your at in your life, I think Yorba Linda is a great place to live! If you have a family Yorba Linda is awesome! Very family oriented place (imo). I lived there most of my young adult life. Your close to the 91, 57 FWYs - there are lots of nearby shopping centers, and the area well kept. I never noticed the air pollution that much in Yorba Linda. I always noticed it more in downtown L.A.

Now, if you're young and into the party scene then Yorba Lnida is probably not for you. I still think about going back someday. I just may do that..........

Old 10-04-2009, 09:06 PM

16 posts, read 121,814 times
We just sold a home in YL for a client. It is nice. Many people want to live there. It is close to the central OC area, close to the 241, 5, 91, 55 and 57 freeways.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,030 times
Yorba Linda is a great place for families making $200+K plus a year. It has wonderful schools and the crime rate is low. Depending on what part of Yorba Linda, you can get 2400 sq. foot home in a nice neighborhood for about $850, 000. The people there are very nice if they like you. If they don't like you they will be very snobby because YL is very drama. All in all, a wonderful city!

Old 02-14-2010, 12:27 AM

214 posts, read 650,478 times
Yorba Linda offers one of the better values of best bang for your buck in all of Orange County. Home prices will generally range from $225/sf-$275/sf. There's no Mello Roos and most areas do not have any HOAs. I would suggest getting a home with a pool because it does get hot out there in the summer (one of my good friends lived in Yorba Linda). I currently have 2 buyers that are actively looking to buy in Yorba Linda because of the value, good schools, and larger lots. Also take a look at Anaheim Hills and Serrano Heights (in Orange and neighbors Anaheim Hills).

Old 02-15-2010, 09:36 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,491 times
Yorba Linda is still a nice and safe area but it`s not like it was years ago. The city use to be nicer looking. More kept up in appearance. And it was a lot different when there was less people living there. It was more of a small town home feel to it. Of course, years ago there was a lot less stores and housing developements and that made YL a nicer place to live. I disagree that Corona and YL are the same. They are very different. YL is much nicer than Corona.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:57 PM

283 posts, read 626,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivinguyen View Post
To me: Yorkba Linda is almost the same south corona. The different is I pay only 3/4 or half the price of the same condition of the house in South Corona. So, work in Corona better stay in Corona-have more time with family instead of stay in the car during trafic.
More like you pay 1/3 the price I have seen houses in South Corona for 90 bucks a foot. Corona cannot compare to Yorba Linda, Yorba Linda's median income is one of the highest in the country, Corona is a place for people that cannot afford to live in Orange County. South Corona is far away from anything not only do you have to deal with the 15/91 but you also have to deal with getting through the Santa Ana Canyon. Yorba Linda has a lot of old money and is full of affluent business owners, this is not true about South Corona. Housing in Corona is directly proportional to how close to Orange County you are. The further west the higher the prices.

Also this would be reverse commute for traffic so there wouldn't be much....If the OP is looking to make an investment, it is a much more sound investment to put your money in Yorba Linda rather than Corona......One is an executive community the other is a commuter community.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:27 PM

88 posts, read 206,431 times
Yorba Linda is ok. It is reasonably close to freeways and such.

I have friends that live in the Anaheim Hills area which is right next to Yorba Linda and that area is great. You could look there too.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:49 AM

214 posts, read 650,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapiggie101 View Post
Yorba Linda is ok. It is reasonably close to freeways and such.

I have friends that live in the Anaheim Hills area which is right next to Yorba Linda and that area is great. You could look there too.
Serrano Heights (Orange) is another good option (adjacent to Anaheim Hills).

Old 02-23-2010, 07:30 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,782,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojanCPA View Post
Serrano Heights (Orange) is another good option (adjacent to Anaheim Hills).
The Serrano area is in a known slide zone. There was a major incident with that a few years ago (in the Anaheim Hills part) that resulted in major litigation. So I would personally avoid it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County