Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 05:19 PM

242 posts, read 827,414 times

Advertisements

Is that the only thing you hate about tustin? What about what the city has to offer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 11:51 PM

112 posts, read 406,240 times
I've lived in Tustin since June of 2007 - it's been 8 months. I've done nothing here other than the usual sleep, eat, shop, and work. I grew up in Garden Grove so I missed all the late-opening restaurants in Little Saigon area. Fountain Valley has Mile Square Park in the middle of it so there's always people hanging out there. Huntington Beach has the coast and all the bars on Main Street. Costa Mesa has the community college where you can take rec classes, and stores around South Coast Plaza. Newport Beach has the awesome bay where you can go kayaking or sailing. Irvine has the college town feel around UCI. Tustin has.....

I seriously don't know. I can't even get any of my friends to come here because I can't think of anything to do. There is the bowling alley though.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:01 AM

242 posts, read 827,414 times
Well I am assuming it is more family orriented??...

Old 02-14-2008, 10:47 AM

No. It's just more boring-oriented. It has nothing to attract visitors. It's simply a place to live.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:57 PM

18 posts, read 82,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fipster View Post
I live in Tustin. Can't say I like it much. But renting would be a good idea. If you're concerned with being close to a good school for your son, I suggest living in Irvine, Huntington Beach, or Fountain Valley. Orange, Tustin, and Costa Mesa have underperforming schools.
El Modena High school in Orange has very high advanced placement test scores. Do not underrate it. Orange High school, on the other hand, does perform poorly. It has to do with demographics, however. You want to check the high school accountability report card for the school district you have in mind, and pick the highest-performing school in the area, live within its boundaries. For the best high school in Orange County, you want Troy High School in Fullerton. Check out the Jay Matthews Best High Schools article published each year by Newsweek magazine.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:02 PM

18 posts, read 82,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbon7462 View Post
Hey I am from California, Riverside area. I have been gone and out of state for a few years due to the fact that my hubby is military! Any whoo!! We will soon be moving back home to California, with our son. I will also soon be a RN graduate and my husband in IT. So here is my question, Are there any good local hospitals in Tustin area?...Also is this a family friendly place?...How are the schools? Lastly what would be your advice to us first time home buyers, trying to buy in an expensive area (tustin)?...Should we rent first to save a big down payment, or get into a smaller town house at first. Thanks so much for ANY feedback!! Toodles
If you want good high schools, check out Troy high school in Fullerton, CA. Best in the county. Another good one is Sunnycrest. Check out the Jay Matthews "best high schools" article published each year by Newsweek magazine. You can find it online. St. Jude Hospital in Fullerton is excellent, and they are expanding like crazy. There are all kinds of medical facilities near the hospital, as well. I live in Orange, but work in Fullerton as an audiologist. Great community, lots of great restaurants, and downtown fullerton has a great "old town" with shopping.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:12 AM

It's 11pm on Saturday night in Tustin and I'm about to go to bed. That's how pathetic life has become since I moved here.

As for high schools, El Modena High is simply average. The better schools are in Newport Beach, Irvine, Fountain Valley, and Huntington Beach. Of course Oxford Academy and Troy are excellent schools, but they're the exceptions rather than the norm in Anaheim and Fullerton.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:34 PM

81 posts, read 367,410 times
la mirada!!

Old 08-14-2009, 01:27 PM

3 posts, read 6,801 times
Hi. We are looking for condos in Tustin. We are going to see some of them in the 92780 zip. How is the area there? We have a 2 years old boy so we are looking for a safe place to race our child. We are concern about the schools... We would like a safe place near to parks, hospitals and malls too. Thanks in advanced for your help guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County