Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 02:07 PM

37 posts, read 73,125 times

Advertisements

Santa Ana has amazing proximity to beaches and LA when compared to Riverside and Corona. I would think by now homes would appreciate and push out low income renters. Santa Ana looks safer when i drove by but i'd like to hear from someone who is more familiar with the current market.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:17 PM

745 posts, read 1,285,542 times
That would only happen if the city restricted the number of tenants per residence. Which would never happen.

Old 04-28-2017, 01:14 AM

347 posts, read 667,184 times
You got it all wrong buddy. Latinos aren't inherently "poor."

What you're seeing now is second/third generation latinos purchase homes and revitalize the neighborhoods. But yes, you are seeing more white and Asians - in addition to the second/third gen latinos - in downtown since millennials tend to be less scared of people with different skin colors than them. That can't be said for a lot of people in this forum.

Old 04-28-2017, 02:06 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,548,895 times
Thread header: "Is the Latino population finally shrinking yet in Santa Ana?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving Houston4Austin View Post
Santa Ana has amazing proximity to beaches and LA when compared to Riverside and Corona. I would think by now homes would appreciate and push out low income renters. Santa Ana looks safer when i drove by but i'd like to hear from someone who is more familiar with the current market.

Another anti-Latino thread about California by a Texan without a consideration as to the actual history of the area.

>>>>SHOCKER!<<<<

Latinos in Santa Ana are multi-generational and many are -- themselves -- contributing to it becoming a desirable city.

Latinos never really took over Santa Ana, it's more like the city became abandoned by Anglos during periods of white flight to newer suburbs in other parts of the county such as Ladera Ranch, Anaheim Hills, Fountain Valley, Irvine, Mission Viejo, Rancho SM, Laguna Niguel, etc.

And since wealthy Anglos in the coastal cities (Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, San Clemente) employed so many Latinos as gardeners, maids, nannies, etc., Santa Ana was a convenient place to live and be close to their employment source, so it became a natural fit for the Latino community.

For all of its faults and "troubles", Santa Ana is the one part of Orange County where you (at the risk of offending some OC posters, sorry) don't experience so much vapidity and materialism that the county has traditionally been known for. So, in that sense, it's a bit refreshing.

Last edited by kttam186290; 04-28-2017 at 02:22 AM..

Old 04-28-2017, 02:23 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,548,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Planner View Post
You got it all wrong buddy. Latinos aren't inherently "poor."

What you're seeing now is second/third generation latinos purchase homes and revitalize the neighborhoods. But yes, you are seeing more white and Asians - in addition to the second/third gen latinos - in downtown since millennials tend to be less scared of people with different skin colors than them. That can't be said for a lot of people in this forum.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:17 AM

745 posts, read 1,285,542 times
Santa Ana High School (according to greatschools.org)
99% Hispanic
93% of students come from low-income families

Old 04-28-2017, 09:28 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,991,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Thread header: "Is the Latino population finally shrinking yet in Santa Ana?"

Another anti-Latino thread about California by a Texan without a consideration as to the actual history of the area.

>>>>SHOCKER!<<<<

Latinos in Santa Ana are multi-generational and many are -- themselves -- contributing to it becoming a desirable city.

Latinos never really took over Santa Ana, it's more like the city became abandoned by Anglos during periods of white flight to newer suburbs in other parts of the county such as Ladera Ranch, Anaheim Hills, Fountain Valley, Irvine, Mission Viejo, Rancho SM, Laguna Niguel, etc.

And since wealthy Anglos in the coastal cities (Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, San Clemente) employed so many Latinos as gardeners, maids, nannies, etc., Santa Ana was a convenient place to live and be close to their employment source, so it became a natural fit for the Latino community.

For all of its faults and "troubles", Santa Ana is the one part of Orange County where you (at the risk of offending some OC posters, sorry) don't experience so much vapidity and materialism that the county has traditionally been known for. So, in that sense, it's a bit refreshing.
Yeah Santa Ana doesn't have the "vapidity and materialism", but it does have gangs and shootings. I'd rather have the fake $30,000er types than the cholos TBH.

Old 04-28-2017, 01:31 PM

600 posts, read 567,270 times
LOL more crying. Santa Ana didn't even make top 10. Tons of cities in the Red States did!

Most Dangerous Cities In The United States - WorldAtlas.com

States with the most Gun Violence. Again all Red States.
http://247wallst.com/special-report/...un-violence/6/

Cities with the highest Rapes (again Majority Red States)
http://toplistsmania.com/top-10-citi...es-in-america/

Interesting how all those cities don't have high populations of Illegals.

Looks like the Red States are leading the Blue states in something. Finally!

Last edited by taimaishu; 04-28-2017 at 01:50 PM..

Old 04-28-2017, 01:45 PM

347 posts, read 667,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
LOL more crying. Santa Ana didn't even make top 10. Tons of cities in the Red States did!

[/url]
Thanks for the link.

Old 04-28-2017, 01:50 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,553,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post

States with the most Gun Violence. Again all Red States.
The 10 States With the Worst Gun Violence - 24/7 Wall St.

Cities with the highest Rapes (again Majority Red States)
Top 10 Cities With Highest Rape Crimes in America |

Interesting how all those cities don't have high populations of Illegals.

Looks like the Red States are LEADING the Blue states in something. Finally! lol
I frequently hear about dangerous cities in red states. I'd argue that local politics has more influence than state politics when it comes to crime. Note that I am not saying state politics doesn't matter, only that local politics matters more. So how many of those cities are red?

That being said, this is not a defense of the OP. I just find some of the red vs. blue arguments here silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County