Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 11:32 AM

14,302 posts, read 11,688,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Look here too, video dated Oct 19th:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoNYVKp48-0
My prediction is that the "reopening guidelines" for Disneyland/Knotts etc. are going to be, "No reopening for you."

Not for quite a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 02:53 PM

1,462 posts, read 972,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
My prediction is that the "reopening guidelines" for Disneyland/Knotts etc. are going to be, "No reopening for you."

Not for quite a long time.
Well it looks like Disney and others won't be able to open up until OC gets to Tier 4. OC is at Tier 2 currently, so have a ways to go.

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...pen-guidelines

Old 10-20-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
Well it looks like Disney and others won't be able to open up until OC gets to Tier 4. OC is at Tier 2 currently, so have a ways to go.

https://www.latimes.com/business/sto...pen-guidelines
Easily predictable by anyone who has been paying attention to Newsom's other recent pronouncements. Tier One is likely months and months away.

Old 10-21-2020, 03:20 AM

252 posts, read 422,620 times
Not sure of others priorities, but having worked at the MOUSE many moons back when I was in college. Currently. we would stay away from mass gatherings and theme parks and shopping.

However, we do not stay at home, there are other activities that we can enjoy, that we feel are good for our minds, bodies and overall positive life styles and fitness.

* There are marvelous walks and hikes county wide for us to enjoy with various views , scenery and wide ranges of
effort, from easy to difficult. We have seen deer, squirrels, road runners, birds, etc, and even a rattle snake or two. very few other people. Mostly just us.

* We can walk down to the beach, others drive. Weekdays are best, and the social distancing is observed. The Weekends with the inland folks, locals, etc, it is too crowded for us.

* Working out: The fitness center is closed and not a good plan with the Covid situation, so we work out at home with fitness bands for resistance training, and add in flexibility exercises. Cardio is hiking, from 2 on up to about 5 miles for me. Erica goes with a hiking buddy for longer treks... There is always a back up plan.

* We also go out for an after hiking reward ' happy hour and late lunch / early dinner '. Our kitchen is closed and the cook is off. We select out door venues, with social distancing, like Harpoon Henrys, Watermans, and other restaurants in the Dana Point Harbor. Other outdoor places, Cedar Creek in San Juan, and Sunsets in Capo Beach. There are others . People can select whatever feels good to them.

As to shopping, I do not shop to shop or go with Erica when she shops. Not in my book of fun things to do.
However, on every saturday, while Erica is cleaning house for about 5 hrs, I fix our breakfast, go grocery shopping, and to CVS, or to Dana Point Hardware, the bank, top off the fuel, and then wash and detail the car myself here at home. Then, we flop down on the couch for an adult cooler beverage before getting ready for date night. I guess you can say we work as a team.

Even now, We still go out for date night , That is saturday nights, and go to Brio Tuscany, or Harbor Grille ( marina), Salt Creek Grille, and some of the others listed above. There are many quality dining options other than what I have noted

Have our usual flying and sailing vacations, and trips back to visit our beloved Kauai , been postponed ? .

Yep, they have, but we go to Plan B or C or D. A few weeks ago we drove up to the mountains for a four day staycation at the butterfield bed and breakfast in Julian. We hiked, went for wine tasting, had our own small outdoor party at the gazebo next to our cottage, went out to dinners ( out doors and social distancing ). Most of the drive is scenic and enjoyable, so even that was fun.

What is next ?, Well on Thanksgiving, we are again changing scenery, and driving out to spend a few days in Borrego Springs out in the desert. That has been kind of a special getaway on Thanksgiving for a few decades now.

Point being, our annual sailing vacations to skipper 36 ft sailing vessels are not open at this time due to Covid. We sail the British Virgin Islands, Australia, Tahiti, and other adventures in paradise. Also, we have had to postpone our annual visit back to Kauai Island ( 10 yrs as residents ) also due to covid. For us, we will choose not to fly on airliners until the covid deal is over and done with.

We still do our best with what we have, and keep a positive attitude, and have fun and enjoy life.

Is that life style fit for everyone ? Of course not, but we all can try to get out and enjoy an alternate plan of activity.
We believe being outdoors is good for the psyche, the mind, and the body. We can do those things and still remain within the rules and procedures that are set down by official medical and scientific authority. I pay no attention to blustering politicians .

A D-land fun quiz : Who was I ?

Back to the magic kingdom, Disneyland. I worked for a summer, and had a great time with the park guests, did shows with Walt Disney, and one time tried to hussle Annette Funicello, No luck on that one. Actually, invited her to join us at a Disney Party away from the park. Fact is , we did not recognize who she was until the rest of our group clued us in.

Hmmm, have a little fun. What was our Disney job description. We were on TV, Billboards, Post Cards, and performed in the Christmas Parade down main street Disney . Then It was only for one full summer, but we were the first in that job.

Clue: We worked in fantasy land. Hmmm. We were free to talk and interact with the park guests.
hmmmmm.....OK....last clue. There were seven of us, and our leader was a beautiful young lady, we called SNOWY.

My Character, was always smiling and happy.

Yahooo....You got it !

Old 10-21-2020, 07:04 AM

26,721 posts, read 26,793,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidooley View Post
Back to the magic kingdom, Disneyland. I worked for a summer, and had a great time with the park guests...

Hmmm, have a little fun. What was our Disney job description. We were on TV, Billboards, Post Cards, and performed in the Christmas Parade down main street Disney . Then It was only for one full summer, but we were the first in that job.

Clue: We worked in fantasy land. Hmmm. We were free to talk and interact with the park guests.
hmmmmm.....OK....last clue. There were seven of us, and our leader was a beautiful young lady, we called SNOWY.

My Character, was always smiling and happy.

Yahooo....You got it !
Wow, lucky you! I also worked there one summer during college, but was a mere merchandising clerk in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. That was a fun place to work.

Old 10-21-2020, 11:59 AM

252 posts, read 422,620 times
CA4,

Which places did you work for.....I think we were there a bit earlier than you. My guess is about 1962, and then
a year or so later joined the Naval Air, and went on active duty and deployment in 1964,

We dwarfs were free to roam around, entertain the park guests , ride the rides, and visit with the other employees as well as the ride operators.

Everyone was having a good time, and the D-Land house and beach parties just added on to the overall fun experience.
It was a special group of great young people. Back then, I often thought, how great it would be for college students nation wide to be able to work a summer in the park. Yep, before the reality of real world responsibilities descended upon us.

Thank you for stirring up those long ago memories,

Stay safe, smart, and healthy......and have fun !

Old 10-22-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
CA4,

Which places did you work for.....I think we were there a bit earlier than you. My guess is about 1962, and then
a year or so later joined the Naval Air, and went on active duty and deployment in 1964
Your job sounded fun. I worked there in the 1970s, in The Character Shop and the stand near the Small World ride. The Main Street Electrical Parade came through every night and shops and stands usually cleared out because guests outside all over the park wanted to see it. Disneyland treated their employees very well....I forgot that we were called "cast members," not clerks.

Old 10-24-2020, 07:52 AM

Disney California Adventure to reopen Buena Vista Street for shopping and dining in November:

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/10/2...ontent=curated

Old 10-29-2020, 02:02 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,827,619 times
Quote:
CA4,

a year or so later joined the Naval Air, and went on active duty and deployment in 1964,

We dwarfs were free to roam around, entertain the park guests , ride the rides, and visit with the other employees as well as the ride operators.

Everyone was having a good time, and the D-Land house and beach parties just added on to the overall fun experience.
It was a special group of great young people. Back then, I often thought, how great it would be for college students nation wide to be able to work a summer in the park. Yep, before the reality of real world responsibilities descended upon us.

Thank you for stirring up those long ago memories,

Stay safe, smart, and healthy......and have fun !
Thank you for the personal story, regarding your Disney experience. I was never anything more than a guest. (My HS got "blackballed" from Grad Night!) Still don't know what they did...(wasn't my class.)

Old 10-29-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
(My HS got "blackballed" from Grad Night!) Still don't know what they did...(wasn't my class.)
Aw, too bad! I got to go to Grad Night twice...once with my own graduating class, and once with a boyfriend. It was pretty fun, even though I'm not a night person and started to fade out around 3 am... I recall going in to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln just so I could sit down and close my eyes for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County