Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 09:09 AM

148 posts, read 136,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
Fraudera Ranch!

I have family down there that has been investigated more than once, so this is accurate.
Back in the mortgage financial crisis of around 2008 (when Fraudera got its name), a lot of people in Ladera had lower net worths than vagrants.
Vagrants' net worth was about $0.
Ladera folks' net worth was negative since they were so underwater.
Another misleading thing about Ladera is its population density. It has a relatively low pop density because it is surrounded by so much open space. However if you drive around, it is very cramped, lots of small lots 4500, 6500 square feet, lots of kids turning 16 in the past couple years, lots of cars in the streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2021, 08:15 PM

823 posts, read 1,784,227 times
If you're still considering West Grove (what some call West Garden Grove), it's a nice area...but as many cities are facing, WGG is a victim of porch pirates, catalytic converter thefts, people walking the streets in the wee hours checking on unlocked cars, criminals jumping fences and gates to steal bikes, etc. Homelessness is also a problem. Nearby Seal Beach, Cypress, and Westminster's Indian Village report these problems as well. Some of the locals believe easy access from the freeway is a draw for crime, but again, I think everything I've mentioned is a widespread problem for the entire county or perhaps all of SoCal.

The area is pretty conservative with a lot of American pride--American flags, blue ribbons around trees to show support for the police. Good mix of nationalities with white being the majority. Friendliness differ from block to block with some neighborhoods hosting 4th of July block parties and bike parades. During the stay-at-home last year, there were golf cart parades, vintage car parades, etc that snaked around the entire Westside. It's very common to see people take walks, ride bikes, and to see kids outside playing. The local schools open up their gates in the evening and weekends for locals to enter and enjoy. I'm happy to see that no one leaves behind trash or dog waste (I haven't seen any at least).

Schools are well sought out, but I prefer the Westminster School District for their many school programs. Transfers are easy to obtain. A few years ago, Pacifica high water polo students did a Nazi salute or something. I heard there were issues before, but the minority students I know of who attend there haven't had any problems with racism.

The Los Alamitos Air Base is nearby, but it's not like living near the Long Beach airport. Many people, myself included, love to see the aircraft fly overhead. It can be deafening, but to me, it doesn't last long at all, doesn't happen often, and it's a wonderful sight to see the planes fly through.

A lot of the original owners have passed or moved away, so some of the homes come up for sale, but right now, inventory seems really low and prices continue to climb for some reason.

Amazon is also building a warehouse on Knott and the 22 fwy with new offices opening up on Katella and Valley View. Any other questions, let me know.

Last edited by russlancea; 01-20-2021 at 08:24 PM..

Old 01-21-2021, 04:19 PM

12,822 posts, read 9,541,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amokk View Post
Don't think I saw anything mentioned regarding racism?
Post #8 should add some clarity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County