Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 04:53 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,057,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalHomeSeekers View Post
You could also consider Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Laguna Niguel and Aliso Viejo.....are are within reasonable travelling distance from Irvine.
These are the best areas - much better than Irvine. I'd only add Rancho Santa Margarita to that list.

By the way, ask your wife's family for specifics!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 04:26 PM

428 posts, read 1,184,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbill View Post
"In California" are the key words....how sad that California has gotten so secular and has accepted it as normal
What is wrong with being secular? i'm glad it's accpeted as normal, if i want a bible shoved down my throat, there are many other places one can live.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:02 PM

624 posts, read 1,247,664 times
hahahaha nobody is shoving anything down your throat, but telling people who have faith in God to move elsewhere seems wrong.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:10 PM

428 posts, read 1,184,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbill View Post
hahahaha nobody is shoving anything down your throat, but telling people who have faith in God to move elsewhere seems wrong.
I never said that people with a belief in god should move. I just meant that there are better places for people to move to if they are uninterested in diversity of opinion and like to be around a group of people that all share the same belief system. I am not interested in a place like that..been there done that. And it did feel like a bible was being shoved down my throat, several times the first question I was asked was "what church do you go to"? When I said I didn't go to one, you would have thought I had a communicable disease. The conversation quickly cooled and that happend over and over.So yeah, in a nutshell I like secular places, free to have a belief in a god or gods or the option without scorn to have no belief at all.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:10 PM

224 posts, read 957,409 times
Lots of Christian Evangelical churches in the OC. There's is no shortage at all for the religious. Temples, Mosques...corner store meeting places...Mormons, Muslims, Jews, Catholics, Protestants, Shintoists, Buddhists, Ba Hai's, Hindus, and so forth. LOTS of religious types.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Bonner View Post
Lots of Christian Evangelical churches in the OC. There's is no shortage at all for the religious. Temples, Mosques...corner store meeting places...Mormons, Muslims, Jews, Catholics, Protestants, Shintoists, Buddhists, Ba Hai's, Hindus, and so forth. LOTS of religious types.
Yes, true. But the dominant religion here in the OC is born-again Christian.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:30 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabolissa View Post
Yes, true. But the dominant religion here in the OC is born-again Christian.
Actually, I think it's evangelical Materialism

Old 10-15-2008, 09:57 AM

17 posts, read 88,618 times
Default Back to the original question.

I didn't intend for this question to start a religious argument. I am mainly looking for verification of my description of the cities surrounding Newport Beach/Irvine. Thanks.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:46 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobmw View Post
We moved our family out of OC (and out of CA) because I felt that I owed it to my kids for them to be brought up elsewhere. And we are one of the few who can easily afford the high cost of CA living. It might be a fun place for 20's yr olds who seek excitement and high paying jobs. But it is not a place to raise a family. My opinion.
Agree. We did the same, in part for the same reason. It is a wonderful place for 30-30 year olds. Even up through having very young children. Exciting, fun, rewarding. However not for kids at least not the way I want to raise my kids. If you do not understand why that is, you will probably never uderstand. I have discussed this with many people from OC. either they instantly agree, or they never understand what you mean or why. Just leave it that some of us want different things for our children than others do. For some families OC is just what they want. For hundreds of others, it is not a place for kids. However if you think it is ideal for your kids, be glad that other people disagree and move. That makes more room for you and your kids.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Actually, I think it's evangelical Materialism
Good one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County