Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 07:16 PM

125 posts, read 440,414 times

Advertisements

No, and the gangs you do see are very low scale/poser gangs that really don't do anything.
They might tag a wall, but the next day it will be painted over.

haha, they are real tough in the o.c.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 08:19 PM

829 posts, read 2,954,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGoody View Post
If your ignorant enough to think only black people shoot then you need you might be caught up in the cross fire.

What in the world are you talking about and when did I talk about black people just shooting?

Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngmoney View Post
Gangs are no where to be found in OC except maybe Anaheim, Santa Ana (and gang members in surrounds are just scatterred spillovers). Anaheim and Santa Ana are nothing to LA.

Gangs are everywhere in LA. i lived there for four years- never felt safe.

This is incorrect. Gangs are everywhere in OC Including Irvine, Mission Veijo and pretty much everywhere else. However they are generally not as large, active and violent as those in LA. As this post demonstrates, many people do nto even know that they exist.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:07 AM

566 posts, read 1,939,033 times
Everyone knows that OC (especially Santa Ana where I lived) has a huge Mexican population whose youth get involved in gangs. What some outside of OC don't know is that there is a relatively small black population in OC. From my experience Mexicans and blacks make up most of the gang members in the US. The PC crowd does not want to hear this. But does denying the facts make them go away?

Old 01-08-2009, 09:15 AM

94 posts, read 489,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
What in the world are you talking about and when did I talk about black people just shooting?
What in the world are you talking about who are you? This wasn't for you please read below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobmw View Post
Not even close. I lived in Santa Ana for three decades. Did not feel safe there in recent years, but never worried about gangs. Also the black population in OC in rather small.
this was a quote from cobmw was your name mention? Seem to me that since the black population is small there will be no gang problem which is a bunch of doo doo!!!!!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 10:22 AM

Lifeisgoody you quoted my post and said

"If your ignorant enough to think only black people shoot then you need you might be caught up in the cross fire."

so what was i supposed to thinnk?

Old 01-08-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobmw View Post
Everyone knows that OC (especially Santa Ana where I lived) has a huge Mexican population whose youth get involved in gangs. What some outside of OC don't know is that there is a relatively small black population in OC. From my experience Mexicans and blacks make up most of the gang members in the US. THE PC CROWD DOES NOT WANT TO HEAR THIS. But does denying the facts make them go away?
Exactly...

Old 01-08-2009, 12:03 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
I actually caught some photos of some Orange County gangstas

http://videodetective.com/photos/081/003423_22.jpg (broken link)

Check out the gang signs

Old 01-08-2009, 12:06 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I actually caught some photos of some Orange County gangstas

Check out the gang signs
Now that definitely looks like OC.

Don't forget the Newport Coast Cartel:

http://edwinsoto.net/images/douchebag.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Mach50; 01-08-2009 at 12:15 PM..

Old 01-08-2009, 05:47 PM

94 posts, read 489,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
as far as some of the comments...
L.A is the gang capaital...there are a lot of copy cat gangs that have made there way east, and people act like they are a big deal and i just laugh. I dont understand how someone can deny there is a heavy gang population in l.a when there obviously is...bloods/crips were going at it more in the latE 80s through early-mid 90s...but now the tension is more brown vs. black.

Now there is a difference between having a gang problem in a city and being in trouble everywhere you go in that city. I have been through some of the worse areas in Los Angeles and have never once had a problem, not saying that it couldnt happen but just saying it has never happened to me. I am a big scary looking guy(who obviously is white by my username) but that doenst matter when someone has a heater on them and they dont care whether they use it or not...but none the less I have been in compton, watts, east side of south central/low bottoms etc...and never once had a problem. However L.A does have a big existance of gangs. For example people think of santa monica as being wonderful, and parts of it are...but the east side of santa monica definately has one barrio.

and for the record a lot of people dont realize this, but there are a lot of neighborhoods in L.A that look like your typical suburbian neighborhood but are dangerous, and you shouldnt go creeping around. One example is in the western/111th area home to a crip set, very nice looking area, but a very territorial area.

so i guess im going back and forth between what im saying...but im just expressing what i know...
Sorry for the misunderstanding CelticViking I agree with your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County