Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 10:49 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,483,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Having grown up in OC and lived there 25 plus year. The west side of Costa Mesa, Costa Mexico as we call it, have some low level bangers. Santa Ana has big time gang problems and always has. When I was going to school in the 80's it was F troop that ran SA. Garden Grove and Westminister have Asian banger some wannbe Triad types. Anaheim has gang problems, and crime problems in general. You should have seen the cockroaches scurry when Disney leveled the seedy area which is now California Adventure. Orange and Buena Park have some Latino bangers for sure.

How do I know this? I lived in most of these cities or worked, and I worked with gang members in OC for about a year.

And yes LA County is much worse. My brother was trying out for LAPD and he went on ride alongs. He said a Sgt would run random checks on RTD buses because some bangers would ride the bus across town to commit crimes refuse to pay and this sgt , no BS, my brother saw grab a banger by his fro when he refused to pay or show bus pass and gave him the finger, the cop dragged him off the bus by his fro! LOL. Karma love it.

But Santa Ana is the worst by far for crime and gangsters. Oh Stanton has some too but they are mostly Buena Park types.

You could not pay me to move back to Santa Ana for a free house unless it's in the historic district by the Orange Mall.

That would be up by Main Place actually; Park Santiago neighborhood. And not the only place to live there but one of the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 03:11 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,778,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltd View Post
That would be up by Main Place actually; Park Santiago neighborhood. And not the only place to live there but one of the best.
I think (s)he is probably referring to Floral Park. Which is the best place to live in Santa Ana, for some people the best place to live in Orange County. Park Santiago is on the South East side of Mainplace mall, Floral Park is on the SouthWest side of Mainplace mall and partly just due West.

Park Santiago is nice if you are in the interior of the neighborhood. It is less nice around the edges. There is a house there where a president lived for a while (Taft or Garfield I think, Polk maybe?) it belonged to his sister.

And actually Santa Ana is not the worst for crime and bangers, it varies year to year which OC city has the highest crime and most gang activity. It is certinaly not worst by far, it is actually pretty close. All OC Cities have pretty low crime rates.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:57 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,483,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I think (s)he is probably referring to Floral Park. Which is the best place to live in Santa Ana, for some people the best place to live in Orange County. Park Santiago is on the South East side of Mainplace mall, Floral Park is on the SouthWest side of Mainplace mall and partly just due West.

Park Santiago is nice if you are in the interior of the neighborhood. It is less nice around the edges. There is a house there where a president lived for a while (Taft or Garfield I think, Polk maybe?) it belonged to his sister.

And actually Santa Ana is not the worst for crime and bangers, it varies year to year which OC city has the highest crime and most gang activity. It is certinaly not worst by far, it is actually pretty close. All OC Cities have pretty low crime rates.
Walked that (Park Santiago) many a time on my lunch break (and at least once at night) when I worked at Main and Memory. No issues except for gauging where exactly they were doing street construction THIS week and staying out of the way of it. Streets like Santiago (duh), Valencia, Bush, Edgewood, Jonquil, Buffalo, Virginia, 21st, etc., all come to mind. Never saw hoods there.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:25 PM

88 posts, read 168,271 times
Gang banging is a decline and there are now 200% less gangsters then in 1990. Murders in LA is down to 280 from 1100 in 1990. Santa ana and anaheim are the only "visible places" with gangs.

I have lived in South central LA and contrary to popular belief only about <10% of young men are in gangs. Every "coward" from the OC thinks all blacks are into that foolishness. Better stay in that suburban bubble.

Old 03-20-2019, 03:03 PM

3 posts, read 5,050 times
Orange County isn’t even in the top 15 in the United States for most gang members, I believe they rank at #19. Chicago-Chiraq is #1, LA County is #2, & San Bernardino County-IE is at #3 with Fresno at #6 the rest are out of state. And San Bernardino county has a higher gang member per capita then LA and Chicago. Chicago has 64K documented gang members with 6 million people, and LA has 60K documented with 10 million people. And the San Bernardino county has 48K documented gang members with 2 million people. DO THE MATH. Stated by the US government. Orange County has 12K gang members with a population of 3.2 million people

Link to show 2010 activity for county gangs. 2020 is coming soon.
https://www.streetgangs.com/news/041312_san_bernardino_gang_statistics

Last edited by Trojans909; 03-20-2019 at 03:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County