Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 03:11 PM

17 posts, read 50,346 times

Advertisements

I live in the Temecula area, do a lot of photography in the OC area. Will be shooting a couple in Laguna Beach this weekend, and part of it will be at the beach. I know a lot of the coves south of Main Beach Park, but curious if any other locals to that area know of a good beach, big or small, preferably less crowded and with some rock formations, that is fairly calm. I know most of the beaches are west facing, and a few areas like Crescent Bay have some extra protection, but if you know any reliable beaches that are somewhat protected, I'd love to know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 12:38 PM

4 posts, read 32,377 times
North of Crescent is Shaw's Cove and Fisherman's Cove there is Crystal Cove, Treasure Island Cove and on and on...
An uncrowded beach in California the first official weekend of summer yea right (..cough cough..) You may get lucky if you are willing to do a bit of hiking. 'Course you'll be shooting early in the am or late in the evening anyway...Right? So crowds shouldn't be a huge factor.

Check the surf report, WaveWatch | Free Live Surf Cams, Surf reports and Surf forecasts. if the report says waves, expect waves regardless.

Most of the swell comes from the south in the summertime so south facing beaches normally blocked by natural landscape are more open to get waves even when the swell is only 2-3 feet when normally it wouldn't make the wrap. Either way I don't think your going to find any 6 foot shore pound anywhere this weekend... unfortunately .

Old 06-26-2009, 12:33 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,814,391 times
If you haven't been to Woods Cove it's small ,but fairly picturesque. There are outcroppings on the north side of the cove and several croppings that extend up from the water itself.. that might make for some interesting shots. Last time I was there I was the only one sunning except for Ed Bagely Jr. who was wearing a straw farmers hat..It's surrounded of course by large cliff mansions but remote and off the usual tourist path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County