Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 04:09 PM

590 posts, read 1,249,299 times

Advertisements

the crooks if they exist..may well find themselves caught..as each Cochella Fest wristband has a computer chip built in..if the victim reported it stolen..they likely were picked up at one of many entrance gates..where each wristband was scanned..

we are at our desert home..not more than 3 miles from the Cochella Fest polo grounds..I could hear the bass drums til nearly 130 am...no it didn't bother me..

also...the fest does NOT attract the 420 crowd..mostly many from out of state..and out of country..

hope these thiefs are sitting in a jail cell

Old 04-16-2011, 04:18 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,251,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
You can't drive while smoking---therefore in MY OPINION, it can't be all THAT much safe.
So you also eschew cell phones I presume?

Old 04-16-2011, 10:12 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,054 times
You guys can try and twist my words anyway you like.
IN MY OPINION weed COULD lead to hardcore drugs.

Easily too.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:17 PM

590 posts, read 1,249,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerlee22 View Post
you guys can try and twist my words anyway you like.
In my opinion weed could lead to hardcore drugs.

Easily too.

agreed

Old 04-16-2011, 11:18 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,029 times
Quote:
Yeah it does.
Damn, by that logic, pretty much everyone I know is a full blown alcoholic.
Quote:
You can't drive while smoking---therefore in MY OPINION, it can't be all THAT much safe.

I know tons of people smoke---but you can't say that it hasnt turned a lot of people into hardcore drug users.

It has.
There have been tests on the direct effects of smoking a bit and driving. Alot of people performed better at the test; When asked why they said they where more careful and paranoid they would do worse. Granted that won't always be the case, but it's not uncommon either.

Pot has turned people into 'druggies' no more then nicotine, alcohol, and the gigantic list of prescription drugs that 90% of this country conveniently over looks when talking about 'the war on drugs'.

Looking forward to Wednesday myself

Old 04-17-2011, 05:07 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,039 times
Just because one smokes pot does not mean they will become a heroin addict lol. It could lead to harder drugs because of the underground culture that people expose themselves when they have to buy it illegally. So they might assume that well since pot isn't so bad, these people are doing cocaine, let me try it. That's when they start going down the wrong path. They can become addicted just by experimenting because those drugs are addictive and feel good that they want to try it again and again.

Also, a person's maturity level, emotional state, self esteem, how easily they can become influenced, etc, are other factors when people start to use harder drugs.

Last edited by behindthescreen; 04-17-2011 at 05:26 AM..

Old 04-17-2011, 11:45 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
You guys can try and twist my words anyway you like.
IN MY OPINION weed COULD lead to hardcore drugs.

Easily too.
That has been debunked so many times it isn't worth discussing. Unless you are a scientist who has done studies on it, your opinion is worth nothing...

Old 04-17-2011, 12:28 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,417 times
Quote:
Neither the government or church helped me formulate my opinion on weed.
It alters your sense of reality. You can't drive while smoking---therefore in MY OPINION, it can't be all THAT much safe.

I know tons of people smoke---but you can't say that it hasnt turned a lot of people into hardcore drug users.

It has.
Yes I can. If they became hardcore drug users, then the propensity to try hardcore drugs was there before they smoked weed. It's the personality. I know plenty of people who smoke cannabis on a regular basis that have no desire to try hardcore drugs and never have. If your theory were true, then all weed smokers would have tried or become hardcore drug users.

There is only 1 cocaine user for ever 104 marijuana users and less than 1 heroin user for the same amount of marijuana users which is less than .96%. Not even 1%. XeroCint: Exchanging Lies, Exposing Truth: The Real Verdict on Marijuana (http://xerocint.blogspot.com/2009/04/exchanging-lies.html - broken link)

That bogus "gateway drug" that was slapped on weed was done so due to the fact that most hardcore drug users tend to revert to smoking weed to get high when they don't have the funds to obtain coke, heroin, and other hardcore drugs. As it's easily obtainable and temporarily cures some of the withdrawals symptoms associated with hardcore drug relapse.

Annual deaths related to firearms in the United States: 29,000.
Annual deaths related to prescription drugs: 32,000.
Annual deaths related to alcohol: 85,000.
Related to tobacco: 435,000.
Marijuana: 0

Again, your negative stance on cannabis stems from propaganda started by our wonderful government. Otherwise you wouldn't have used one of the myths they started.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:44 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,771,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Joe View Post
Oh hell, I guess the guy i talked to was right. I wouldnt fit in. lol. Thanks for the info. I have a feeling this ole boy is gonna suffer some severe culture shock when I get out there.
I wish you well. But I think the fact that you call yourself an Ole Boy is a surer indicator that you are in for Culture Shock, than your naivete regarding Stink Weed. Be prepared for extreme anti-white prejudice (vastly more overt than in Mississippi, and frequently expressed through deadly force). Orange County has, as of late, had a huge influx of precisely the demographic who are being told by academics and clergy that the Southwest was stolen from them, and that they are entitled to do whatever it takes, to take it back. (actually, each locale in the Southwest was "stolen", by the Spanish, from the specific tribe(s) who lived in each locale. The people who are "taking back" the Southwest are most likely not descended from any of those tribes)

Middle Class Whites are fleeing Southern California in droves, because they are being economically displaced (and because of the rising level of violence). Blacks are fleeing because they are basically being ethnically-cleansed from their own neighborhoods, by violent non-white newcomers.

Glad you grew up in a nice place in Mississippi, and so don't have much familiarity with Potheads. I can assure you, though, that the countryside is full of losers who are "420 friendly". I grew up in a horrid little Mississippi mudhole, where being "cool" about "weed" was the norm. In the world of broken-down Mobile Homes, Camaros, Lavalamps, Velvet Elvises and Blacklight Posters, black t-shirts, 300 pound White Trash Welfare Sows, and Fleetwood Mac fans, "Pot" was a part of life. Glad you missed that. We moved to squeaky-clean Northeast Jackson, where people are not "cool", in order that our kids not grow up in a place "accepting" of drugs. I'm guessing your parents did the same.

And I hope you find a safe situation in Orange County.

As for those who are saying that 'occasional' use of "420" does not make them 'Druggies'..... I say "Pooh"!

Old 04-17-2011, 08:20 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurserosie View Post
the crooks if they exist..may well find themselves caught..as each Cochella Fest wristband has a computer chip built in..if the victim reported it stolen..they likely were picked up at one of many entrance gates..where each wristband was scanned..

we are at our desert home..not more than 3 miles from the Cochella Fest polo grounds..I could hear the bass drums til nearly 130 am...no it didn't bother me..

also...the fest does NOT attract the 420 crowd..mostly many from out of state..and out of country..
hope these thiefs are sitting in a jail cell
I beg to differ. I've been seeing the alternative and 420 crowd all weekend. On Thursday night coming home from work I got stuck in the Coachella/420 crowd on the freeway for 3 hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County