Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 10:03 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,743,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtomakeitinCT View Post
NEvery morning we walked up the flights of stairs to that park (forget the name) and had some of the BEST food at this Italian resturaunt that had outside dining.

The only thing that "scared" me was driving on the highways with those lanes that merge without warning LOL!!
Italian food for breakfast?

Most lane merges are indicated with some sort of sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 04:02 PM

12 posts, read 137,404 times
I live in the Village of San Juan, and well... it's not that nice! Thankfully my husband in in law enforcement, so I feel a little safer at night.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:14 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,936,349 times
Village San Juan is another development that's on the skids to becoming a dumpy ghetto.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:40 AM

2 posts, read 13,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT24hr View Post
"San Juan Capistrano Crips" Mexican gang. There were a few of them that went to Dana Hills before the newer schools opened down that area. They mainly went to JSerra, DHHS, or Capo.
San juan capistrano gang are not ****en crips. you people talk about the gang like you know something about it. You people don not know ****. crips are for black gangs not mexicans. You are all probably a bunch of rich people with too much time in your hands and have nothing better to do but talk about things you do not understand.Why?, because things that you do not understand scare you.

Last edited by Noel13; 07-05-2010 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 07-05-2010, 11:47 AM

1,077 posts, read 3,236,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennonn14 View Post
Hi everyone i recently moved to south OC from the chicago area and i was driving on Camino Capistrano and i took a shortcut so i went through this neighborhood on a street called "La Zanja Street" And that Neighborhood is honestly scary! I Saw Several kids tagging up walls and tagging graffiti on the walls, Kids walking around on the street holding Guns up in the air and acting like they own the place people on corners making drug deals, GRAFFITI And gang taggings EVERYWHERE, Shady people giving me shady looks
LMAO this is the funniest thing i've seen in a while. There are people in Richmond and Oakland saying "man that's f**ked up, kids with guns in the air in broad daylight". OVER DID IT!

Also, if they are shady people, can they give anything but shady looks?

Old 07-22-2010, 11:16 PM

92 posts, read 267,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtomakeitinCT View Post
Now, I was only on vacation for one week...so take it for what it's worth. But I LOVED this area!!!! We stayed in Dana Point and I didn't want to leave!!! Every morning we walked up the flights of stairs to that park (forget the name) and had some of the BEST food at this Italian resturaunt that had outside dining. We also walked around the Dana Point Harbor area, took boat rides, etc. It was sooo GREAT!!! One week was not enough for me! And everyone was sooo friendly, they said Hi and smiled and the hotel we stayed at gave us great recommendations. Like I said, it was only a weeks vacation but when I came home I looked into moving there but too far away from family. I thought San Juan Capistrano seemed nice although didnt venture into it much. The only thing that "scared" me was driving on the highways with those lanes that merge without warning LOL!! Oh and getting lost in Long Beach LOL!!! But I live in CT and would trade in a heartbeat (if my family would come with) to live in Dana Point!
Dana Point is a world away from San Juan Capistrano. You should have driven down some streets like Avenida Aeuropuerto, Via de Anza, Calle Perfecto, or Los Rios. We lived on Los Rios street back in 1985 (I was only 8 years old at the time) when some drug dealer nicknamed "Crazy Horse" broke into our apartment and held a knife to my uncles throat for over an hour over some cocaine that someone else had stolen, that same person that held the knife to my uncles throat (once they figured out who actually did steal their coke) pushed that person in front of a moving train and killed them. "Crazy Horse" also started a riot at the old drive-in movie theater. San Juan has improved since the coke days, but if you drive down any of the streets I mentioned and say to yourself, "Gee I'd love to live here", then I feel really bad for where you must live now.

Last edited by dantheman420; 07-22-2010 at 11:33 PM..

Old 07-23-2010, 05:23 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,246,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman420 View Post
Dana Point is a world away from San Juan Capistrano. You should have driven down some streets like Avenida Aeuropuerto, Via de Anza, Calle Perfecto, or Los Rios. We lived on Los Rios street back in 1985 (I was only 8 years old at the time) when some drug dealer nicknamed "Crazy Horse" broke into our apartment and held a knife to my uncles throat for over an hour over some cocaine that someone else had stolen, that same person that held the knife to my uncles throat (once they figured out who actually did steal their coke) pushed that person in front of a moving train and killed them. "Crazy Horse" also started a riot at the old drive-in movie theater. San Juan has improved since the coke days, but if you drive down any of the streets I mentioned and say to yourself, "Gee I'd love to live here", then I feel really bad for where you must live now.
Weird how people have different perceptions. I grew up in Dana Point(moved there in '68), went to school for a year at Capo and worked down by the SNC depot from '83 to '87 and it didn't strike me as being all that "ghetto". I used to hang out after work with friends in the old neighborhood across the the tracks there at all times of day and night and never had a problem other than the occasional boisterous drunk stumbling out of the San Juan Saloon. Perhaps I missed it but I didn't notice any huge "coke" craze. Maybe it was different living in some of the apartment complexes but overall San Juan wasn't a whole lot sketchier than Dana Point and was and is a nice place to live and work for most people.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:43 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ndo View Post
Eh, a fairly feeble attempt. This poster created an account a few days ago and for a debut post immediately launched into a comic exaggeration of La Zanja neighborhood of SJC (poor certainly, but dangerous? not so much).

Even the ostensible reason for driving into the neighborhood is questionable. Take a drive down Camino Capistrano, and when you reach La Zanja street, try to imagine yourself seeing it as a potential shortcut to anywhere. I'm disappointed that anyone fell for this obvious bit of trolling.

I fell for it to be honest...I looked it up and it doesn't seem that bad to me...
La Zanja Street, San Juan Capistrano, CA - Google Maps

Old 07-28-2010, 12:14 AM

334 posts, read 915,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I fell for it to be honest...I looked it up and it doesn't seem that bad to me...
La Zanja Street, San Juan Capistrano, CA - Google Maps
And notice how the original poster has a combined total of three posts, all on this thread, despite being a recent transplant to the Chicago area. That would mean this person didn't use city data forum at all before or during the move down, but suddenly found it and created an account to warn the world of gun-toting toddlers in SJC after the fact. Does that pass the sniff test with any of you?

Old 07-30-2010, 10:22 AM

499 posts, read 2,156,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
A thread like this always makes me wonder what the motivation is of the poster esp when this is Lennon14 first post. Super exaggeration & a make believe concern for an area. Sorry but I smell a troll here! And am not going to fall for the scam!
When I see these, I think to myself that it's some college student's psychology class project, to see how people react.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County