Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 12:14 PM

954 posts, read 1,550,698 times

Advertisements

Nancy Bass ? Maybe the Bass family of Fort Worth ? That would mean the senator married outside of his geographical region, outside of his political sphere, and outside of his faith. I'm joking of course, this woman possibly be part of the Bass family in Texas. But yea, this fellow looks like he's pretty much settled down into the EST zone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 03:04 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,578,079 times
Ron Wyden used to own a condo near Washington Park. I think he sold it last year and bought another home. The advantage of a condo for someone in his circumstances is that maintenance and property security is not an issue.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:53 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,551,091 times
I've always liked Wyden. He and Smith may have the best US Senatorial tandum in the state's history. Also, most politicians have multiple residencies. I certainly have no issues with all this.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:48 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,344,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
I don't think this is true - I'd read that this was a rumor started on a talk show and that he does own a house in Portland that he and his family spend most of their time in when they are not in Washington. His wife is from NYC, but they list Portland as residence.

After this, he supposedly bought a house in PDX (Eastmoreland).
Sen. Ron Wyden's Portland condo for sale; defends residency | OregonLive.com

ETA: although, maybe not, as here is a WSJ piece talking about Nancy Bass Wyden's active management of her NYC bookstore and how she displays books in her Manhattan home:
Nancy Bass Wyden, Co-Owner of the Strand Bookstore, on Caring for a Book Collection - WSJ.com

Not a rumor. Dig a little more. and then you tell me if he should be an Oregon Senator. Ron and his family live in New York when he is not in Washington or hitting the trail schmoozing in Oregon.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:54 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,551,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
Not a rumor. Dig a little more. and then you tell me if he should be an Oregon Senator. Ron and his family live in New York when he is not in Washington or hitting the trail schmoozing in Oregon.
Doesn't matter. He owns property here and does spend time here. And, he'll be reelected by a landslide. Moderator cut: off topic Wyden may not reside in Oregon anymore as a matter of fact, but he probably does enough to make a claim for state citizenship.

Last edited by Kimballette; 08-14-2012 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 08-14-2012, 02:00 PM

Mostly he has never changed his drivers license or voter registration, but that doesn't mean he is a resident.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:19 AM

954 posts, read 1,550,698 times
New discoveries of natural gas are beginning to transform the U.S. economy, and energy companies say exporting it is the next logical step. But a call for restraint is coming from Sen. Ron Wyden.
Wyden Will Get His Say on Gas Exports - WSJ.com
Dining at a fancy, very expensive French restaurant with the CEO of Dow Chemical. Gee, wonder who picked up that tab ?
But the question of whether or not to open up the international markets to exportation of U.S. produced Natural Gas, and more importantly being a part of the primary group of decision makers who answer that question will draw the Senator a lot of invitations from many extremely wealthy people, no doubt.

Last edited by observer53; 01-15-2013 at 05:53 AM.. Reason: copyright violation... don't post the whole article, the link and a snip are fine.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:43 AM

His newest child was just born here in Oregon, so I am guessing he has returned as a resident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: