Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 03:34 PM

26 posts, read 23,622 times

Advertisements

Hi there. We are all but certain we are moving to Corvallis in Aug. Yes we have jobs lined up Long story short....it looks like we are going to have to rent for a year before we buy. Has anyone had an experience renting in Corvallis with dogs? We are moving from across the country. If anyone has any leads it would be very appreciated. We will probably go out in the second week in April to check places out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 03:38 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
Good luck. Tight rental markets generally aren't pet-friendly, and it's going to be rough with three dogs. You might expand to housing search to Albany and Philomath to increase your chances.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:41 PM

Thanks. We need to be in the Corvallis High School district though.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:44 PM

I should also say I know it's hard....competitive, etc....I've been reading here and watching Zillow for 4 months now. I just am putting it out there if anyone has had a great experience with a place that allows dogs...we would love to know about it. Thanks again.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:46 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
Start looking now and take the first place where you can have your dogs, then. Most rentals that allow pets seem to set the cap at two. You'll be competing with incoming students the closer it gets to fall. Your new employer(s) may be able to provide you with leads; can't hurt to ask.

Old 03-26-2018, 04:04 PM

15,579 posts, read 40,450,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindymadigan View Post
Hi there. We are all but certain we are moving to Corvallis in Aug. Yes we have jobs lined up Long story short....it looks like we are going to have to rent for a year before we buy. Has anyone had an experience renting in Corvallis with dogs? We are moving from across the country. If anyone has any leads it would be very appreciated. We will probably go out in the second week in April to check places out.
So I would be prepared to pay a lease on a place well before you move in. There are only a handful of places that will take that many dogs. I say this as a landlord that takes that many dogs.

Most landlords post on Zillow or apartments.com. Those places will be your best bet and you won't be able to be picky and check places out. One will come up that will take all 3 of your dogs and you need to get your application in right away for it. You won't have that many options.

Just to give you an idea, my last rental that I released in September of last year, had 17 calls on it within 48 hours because I take big dogs. Corvallis will be just as bad as Salem.

Old 03-26-2018, 04:16 PM

Thank you Silverfall. I appreciate your input as a landlord. My husband is a tenured full professor--we are about as stable as it gets. We just did greyhound rescue here in GA for FL track dogs and still have 3 and I'm not giving up these dogs. We know we'll have to pay extra, deposits, rent....we are just flying blind from across the country.

Old 03-26-2018, 04:29 PM

15,579 posts, read 40,450,935 times
Quote:
Thank you Silverfall. I appreciate your input as a landlord. My husband is a tenured full professor--we are about as stable as it gets. We just did greyhound rescue here in GA for FL track dogs and still have 3 and I'm not giving up these dogs. We know we'll have to pay extra, deposits, rent....we are just flying blind from across the country.
You should be able to find someone, but you won't be able to check places out. You'll have to take what you can get. A lot of landlords here process applications in the order in which they are received so act fast.

Old 03-26-2018, 04:57 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,835,464 times
Quote:
Have him call his department admin and explain the problem and see if there are any leads that way. Often there is a faculty member who is out on sabbatical or has a house for rent (and doesn't want to rent to students).
City-Data Terms of Service: //www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: //www.city-data.com/forum/faq/

Old 03-26-2018, 05:07 PM

Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon