Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 09:49 AM

5 posts, read 50,267 times

Advertisements

Read my post on Falls City. It sounds ideal for you esp if you are into mountain biking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 07:12 PM

27 posts, read 166,192 times
alvanos:

for mountain biking and kayaking (with a wetsuit of course), I think you would enjoy the Southern Oregon Coast.

check this out for video and stills of the areas beaches: Mod cut

enjoy!

Last edited by Waterlily; 09-04-2008 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: no ads for web sites

Old 09-07-2008, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 8,906 times
Default Most beautiful place to live in Oregon

Sounds to me like your are describing where I moved to 14 years ago, Grants Pass. The Rogue river runs through it, part of the movie "River Wild" was filmed near here. The weather is mild, but we do get to the 100's in the summer. I live less than 5 miles from the City center, and can be in the forested hills in 10 minutes. It's 85 miles to the coast, about 65 miles (guessing) to Crater Lake. The upper, and lower Rogue is kayaker's paradise. Do a google search. Good luck in your searches.Bob.

Last edited by BobinOr; 09-07-2008 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-11-2008, 03:24 PM

93 posts, read 560,475 times
I've lived in Oregon and traveled all over it a number of times and even though I find it a very beautiful state with all the waterfalls, lakes, rivers and forests and even desert areas I didn't find the kayaking opportunities that were as easy to come by as I'd hoped. I've been a keen kayaker for many many years and I found my piece of paradise in far north eastern Washington state on the Canadian and Idaho borders. I now live amongst mountains with forests all around me, lakes and rivers everywhere and there is a lovely creek in my backyard which flows year around which I kayak on. It's a bit shallow in the summer so a lot of fending off the rocks is required but hey that's what I call extreme kayaking and it's all part of the adventure. Red Mountain is a short drive over the border into Canada for skiing. It's isolated where I live so I have to drive 40 minutes for supermarkets, banking, services but I have a general store, post office, gas station and other services only 10 minutes away in a smaller town. It's a tradeoff I'm willing to live with for the beauty of the nature all around me. The Washington/Idaho area is worth a look. Good luck in your search.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:50 PM

50 posts, read 150,220 times
Thank you Mddd, I'm thinking of moving to Bend and you just ans. all the questions I had. I think I've finally found a winner. Been looking for my perfect place for a looooong time. Did you mean that there is lots to do if you are a single more mature adult? I sure hope so but in reality that doesn't mean as much as the things you wrote. It would just make a perfect sounding place even better. Thank you, Linda

Old 03-12-2009, 09:16 AM

1 posts, read 8,231 times
i think eugene may rank as one of the worlds most beautiful cities, I have been all over Europe and the East coast, and Eugene is great in so many ways, the only downside is that many of the locals tend to be very clanish.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:31 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,050,869 times
I love Eugene. It's a perfectly-sized town with lots of outdoor opportunities. It's also the perfect jump-off spot for coastal trips, mountain trips, ski trips, backcountry trips, etc. 45 minutes to an hour in any direction and you're in a completely different sort of paradise. And that short drive is scenic, to boot. The Eugene area has two rivers that run through it which offer lots of kayak opportunities. If you visit during the summer you can rent a kayak or canoe for the day at Alton Baker Park. Lots of hiking opportunities. Lots of groups doing good work to keep our wild things healthy and protected, too.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:18 PM

1,457 posts, read 6,032,024 times
For the hills and trees - Grants Pass and an area called Wilderville nearby. Rogue River - mountains.

Possibly the hills outside North Plains, Timber or Banks. And there is a small area called Laurel which is hilly. Not much for rivers nearby. Small ones.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:58 PM

758 posts, read 2,372,185 times
Boulder and Bend are very similar -in cost of living, life style and beauty. If it's grassy smells you like, then look to the western parts of Oregon. Over here in Central Oregon, it smells of juniper, which I enjoy, but a lot of people don't.

All Bend needs is a real University. And jobs.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:35 AM

1 posts, read 7,267 times
I think that Estacada Oregon is Amazing. Such a beautiful area with alot of out door activaties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon