Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 01:44 PM

15 posts, read 17,011 times

Advertisements

Leftwinghillbilly,

I am actually a born and raised californian... so I am one of those people that want and understand the way of life that oregon has. This is why I fell in love up there as it was WHAT i USED to have here. I am too seeing the garbage from LA and cali move up there and are moving out the trees and putting in homes. Its like the crap here ismoving up there and going to destroy all that wilderness. ... this is wy I want up there. Quiet.. slower pace of life.. and get away from all out of staters, LA and honestly foreign people who have moved here, bay area, and want to all compete to take it over. Its getting so high in price I cant live here. I live with myfolks. I just cant stand it and its really a mental health issue at this point for me. I see rents are an issue and that scares me too. Garbage is going to be everywhere... what I see the problem being is that Oregon fokls are used to it being the way it is. They see the new change as... good and will stop at some point. What they dont know is that greed never stops and if they dont get involved now they will loose their lovely area. If I moved up there i would prolly on some level get involved in the political ways to stop the deforestation and turning it into LA or the bay area. My moms reading right now that they have all this chinese teaching jobs avail on craigslist and bringing in foreign students to the college. THIS IS BAD SIGNS. Wont stop me from a visit or a move perhaps... but... We started to do that here. Got to the point now our kids cant afford to go since foreigners pay more theschool accepts them cuz they make more. I see Oregon is out of wack. I loved the people .. some were very backwards but I can even appreciate them as well. Am colorblind but what I do see is what happened here... and whats going on there. I just hope if I move up there I wont be living in it too long and die off. Enjoy it while I can still move and then whem I am house ridden I will have to be inside for my safety like it is now. I was just told to move to Bend.. ahha.. but I need Kaiser. I dont want to go on Oregon helaht plan cuz I think Obama care is going to collapse. California state had a hearing on it and I watched it. Insurance co rolling in the dough and no care.. higher prices for those who work and make ok money but are not stretched to afford to live. Its all a literal mess and just gets worse as we sit here. I frankly think its time to vote out the govt and start with new people with no polictical ties... no lawyers.. no real estate. No one that can be bought off.. mothers and fathers. Business owners that know how to balance a budget and make good sense. Sorry about the political thing but I am a moderate really.. or whatever You say I am.. haah. I dont care. I just say what I am seeing and hearing. Its not balanced and thats the problme. People of Oregon.. take back your state! Dont shun all those from cali cuz some of us want what you want... like myself. Disabled, want a nice town I can go to the store in and not fear for my life or being raped, or shot at. no one coming in my door at night. Being able to afford to eat. (no.. I dont qualify for stamps... I make too much. LMAO!!!!!! yah.... Thanks for the info tho... but your right..... Californias and others rae coming there and screwing it up. Cali bay area are getting every country now, and EVERYONE from every state. OMG. Then they come here and get on our system so people ik eme that worked and paid my entire life cant and WONT ever get anyhelp cuz they all go ahead of me. I was responsible. Didnt make kids (am single, men rae not good catches here - mean). never took a dime till I got sick and spent all of anything I have so now very poor. People judge those who are poor or on the system.. but what they dont realize is one illness or injury can really set you so deep into poverty you will never climb out. There are no steps out of poverty.. not till we get jobs back and cost of living is not thru the roof. Bet you all dont know but in cali supposendly if your NON citizen you can come here and buy a foreclosed house with cash and buy your citizen ship.. or open a business and hire 10 citizens.. but they all become their own kind.. not mixed. Its just going backwards. Were not really moving forward. mixed areas are good.. but when you get a tipping point.... its a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 02:23 PM

323 posts, read 499,362 times
Mr. RizzoAzul, another good thing that Oregon has is strict land use laws to protect the farm land and forests that feed our bodies and souls. Citys and towns are not allowed to sprawl. After reading your paragraph about politics I think you would like rural Oregon. Yes I agree- Throw the bums out, all of them and start over, but this is off topic

Last edited by leftwinghillbilly; 07-09-2014 at 02:32 PM..

Old 07-09-2014, 08:40 PM

That is very good to know I was up there in late 2000 and I saw a house in the middle of nowhere right outside of sisters. The year before it was not there. Its just not right. You cant build up to a forest edge. We have to respect the wildlife and nature. Just imo.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:38 PM

10,988 posts, read 20,556,080 times
Not just that but then we are obligated to defend those homes in case of a forest fire.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:55 AM

Yah. I just dont like to see that. Reminds me alot of some of what I want to escape from. Congestion and houses here we put in the hills where there are fault lines and slides. Just no common sense with that.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:26 PM

323 posts, read 499,362 times
Not to mention heat rises and those California view lots are chimneys.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:03 PM

4 posts, read 3,546 times
Hi...my family and I are interested in moving to Oregon. We have been looking at the Beaverton area. Anyone know how that area is? crime? How affordable is it? We would love to buy a home with property to raise our children that is safe. Any input would be much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon