Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 07:06 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,697,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Disney Parks signs sponsorship deal with Orlando Magic | TheDailyDisney.com from OrlandoSentinel.com

Look who's on board with the Magic now....it good to see one of the areas largest employer teaming up with the home team.
I guess that has something to do with this..

YouTube - Orlando Magic's Dwight Howard & Mickey Mouse

Its about time though. I mean its the Orlando NBA team and they're the MAGIC, which is Disney's icon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 06:52 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,056,134 times
I know the interior of the new Amway Center is amazing, however I have to say, looking at the exterior is not very impressive. When you drive by the building, all you see is a huge wall, a bunch of randomly placed windows, and a space where a huge screen will go. The building is a giant, ugly square. There is nothing interesting about this building!!! I was looking at other NBA arenas built recently, and this has to be the most boring design I have ever seen. Do we not have any decent architects around? Look at American Airlines arena, the Staples Center, and forget even those...check out the upcoming amazing Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Why couldn't we get something like that? The new Amway Center could not be more boring to look at!!! The city had a chance to make a bold statement with this arena...a work of art. Instead we got a giant box with a tower of light on one end.

Barclays Center- A Landmark Venue

Old 09-29-2010, 08:53 AM

The Barclays Center looks tacky to me. I agree the amway center design isn't too impressive but I still like it, it looks sleek and advanced.

Wait till they turn the screen on and it will look better

I like the garage too

Old 09-29-2010, 01:46 PM

1,294 posts, read 3,255,241 times
So did they decide yet what to do with the O-rena?

Old 09-29-2010, 08:51 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,581,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
The big day is less than two weeks away, Oct 1st. Whos going opening night or to the open house on Oct 2nd?

Here is a video I found on youtube showing the inside of the Arena, it looks great.

YouTube - Amway Center
Really wishing I could be there

Hats off to Mayors Buddy and Richie for making it all happen. The Amway Center truly looks world class. Now lets built the PAC (performing arts center) and renovate the Citrus Bowl so we can get an NFL team in here

Has the ole Amway Arena been torn down yet

Old 09-29-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Really wishing I could be there

Hats off to Mayors Buddy and Richie for making it all happen. The Amway Center truly looks world class. Now lets built the PAC (performing arts center) and renovate the Citrus Bowl so we can get an NFL team in here

Has the ole Amway Arena been torn down yet
Its still there, it has one last event tomorrow (sept 30). The Americas got talent tour if I'm not mistaking. I'm not sure when they're demolishing it, I know I want to watch it happen though .

Old 09-30-2010, 09:46 AM

32 posts, read 77,034 times
I got to tour the arena yesterday it is awesome! As a magic season ticket holder I can't wait for the season to start! I must admit idk if everything will be done in time. We couldn't go to the sky bar since they were still working on it. The team shops are empty as well!

I took a ton of pictures but my laptop won't read my sd card

Old 09-30-2010, 12:02 PM

706 posts, read 1,309,308 times
Can someone tell me the best (and somewhat price reasonable) tickets to get for the Magic games at the arena? I am looking at opening day and tix price take a plunge after the first few rows. Any recommendations?

Old 10-01-2010, 06:52 AM

706 posts, read 1,309,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
Can someone tell me the best (and somewhat price reasonable) tickets to get for the Magic games at the arena? I am looking at opening day and tix price take a plunge after the first few rows. Any recommendations?
Has anyone been there yet?

Old 10-01-2010, 07:49 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,056,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
Has anyone been there yet?
The arena isn't open to the public yet. This weekend there is a preview, and the first event is an Eagles concert and then Magic preseason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando