Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 06:28 PM

216 posts, read 212,991 times

Advertisements

O' I'm still around just keeping to myself and staying out of all you daters way...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 02:31 AM

41 posts, read 78,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I disagree. There are plenty of people in this area with money--whether you know them or not depends on your social circle. Many of my single female friends are professionals who own their homes and make six figures. They aren't hanging out in the frozen food section, but have active lifestyles. You're more likely to find them in a yoga class, wine bar, art gallery, or volunteering for a charity.

I'd suggest joining a couple of groups through meetup.com to find people with similar interests. Without being overbearing, let other members who seem to have the types of qualities you are looking for in a woman know that you're open to being set up on blind dates. Another option is volunteer work. You'll meet lots of people from all walks of life.

And to the OP--I think a lot of guys have expectations that are too high as well. You need to assess what you are putting on the table. If you don't have it to offer, don't expect it in return.
My wife makes upper 6 figures. With bonuses 7 figures. I met her on the internet. Money is not everything and many people with money are stuck up slobs. We have been more than happily married for 16 years.

I never cared for social circles. I don't get along with snobs or most people with a 6 figure income. They are too phony and a lot of them are in a lot of debt.

Too many female fake figures (ie breast implants), too many fake looks that were paid for. I know people that never made over $70,000 a year that are millionaires and they do not flaunt it. They drive minivans and small cars. They prefer a hamburger joint over a fancy restaurant. One in particular that comes to mind had a minivan, wore dungarees and only wore dress slacks on occasian and he made his millions many years ago and still got checks in the mail worth a ton of money. He has several patents and he was a chemical engineer. His wife and him made their kids work for what they have. He even made them work through college.

Yet when he died two years ago he was worth over $60 million (cash in the bank) plus more in other stuff he owned. And his kids will still get revenue every year from his patents.

If you had met him and his wife you would have never thought they had any money.

I laugh at people that try to flaunt the money they have. Stupidity comes to mind. Ego is another thought I get. But they don't impress anyone except themselves and maybe others like them.

If you are particular in who you like then maybe you need to stay at home. Being on here and asking about this makes me think you are either scared of girls or just want a quickie.

Either way you will strike out in the long run. Always be yourself. Too many phonies out there. Too many that try to impress someone with their job or what they make.

Those people usually are depressed and have to find another venue to make themselves feel good. But in the end they do not have much of a life yet they think they have a great life.

The way we have everything set up no matter what happens we can still afford to keep our lifestyle. I retired at age 42. My wife does not need to work and has agreed to quit at the end of this year.

Too many people that live the high lifestyle have to work all their lives or lose everything and go back to living in the poor house. Those people try to impress people all their lives. To me those people are phonies. Spend and spend to impress someone else.

Be yourself and don't lie about yourself and when you find the right person you will know she is the right person.

I have to agree with Annerk that there are people in the Orlando area with money. My wife and I have been there three times this year. However, I never liked social circles. I have friends that make under $20,000 a year and some that make millions. To me they are all the same. And they have all been to the same cookouts together. Anyone that goes in their "circle" is a waste of time to talk to. Those are very prejudice people not to include others in their life and they are missing out.

There are 50 states out there. Florida is just one of many.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:59 AM

216 posts, read 212,991 times
Me, I'm just done with looking altogether... 20 years of being dateless, and everyone you asked says no. Some people I guess just aren't meant to ever to be with anyone.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:30 PM

91 posts, read 164,345 times
Bringing this back from the dead. But the problem here is that there is something wrong with the OP, seriously wrong.

1. Meeting women isn't that hard, sure it can be more challenging for some than others but it's not impossible.

2. If you have lived in Orlando for better part of 20 years and have no friends, you need to make some changes.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:10 AM

12 posts, read 33,831 times
My friend Marla used to believe that meeting a man was as easy as following her bliss. After she and her long-term boyfriend broke up, Marla decided to pursue the interests she had neglected when she was in a relationship. She took acting lessons, joined a book club, and became devoted to yoga.
The result: She met tons of smart, funny and fascinating... women. "Don't get me wrong," says Marla. "I'm really glad I did all of that stuff. I made some wonderful friends and expanded my horizons. My new pursuits nourished my soul, but I have to say they did zip for my love life."

Old 06-24-2013, 12:48 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Shah View Post
My friend Marla used to believe that meeting a man was as easy as following her bliss. After she and her long-term boyfriend broke up, Marla decided to pursue the interests she had neglected when she was in a relationship. She took acting lessons, joined a book club, and became devoted to yoga.
The result: She met tons of smart, funny and fascinating... women. "Don't get me wrong," says Marla. "I'm really glad I did all of that stuff. I made some wonderful friends and expanded my horizons. My new pursuits nourished my soul, but I have to say they did zip for my love life."
She wasn't going to the right yoga school. There are half a dozen good looking, fit, single, and straight guys who go to the one I go to.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:08 PM

29 posts, read 31,326 times
Just because you have similar interests does not mean you will fall in love.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:29 PM

166 posts, read 384,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Shah View Post
Plagiarized word for word from the Ladies Home Journal article "10 Great Places to Meet a Man" (not that I've ever read the LHJ).

Old 12-26-2013, 09:41 AM

82 posts, read 95,313 times
I met my wife on Plentyoffish been married almost 2 years.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:31 AM

117 posts, read 213,758 times
I've gotten into running and am looking forward to hopefully meeting some people via running groups and such. The problem with online dating is you develop the belief that there are 10 single guys for every one single girl in this town and that really isn't the case. I don't drink quite like I used to so spending random nights at bars alone isn't particularly appealing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando