Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 03:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,410 times

Advertisements

We just moved to Hammock Pointe development from Ohio in March. We love it here. I don't know anything about the other two developments. All of our neighbors are very nice. We have a walking club and book club. The builder Taylor Morrison trys to have meet in greets or other activities every month. They have been selling a lot of homes in the last few months. They sold 14 in April and 10 in May. A lot of the homes being sold are from referrals. There are many homeowners that love it so much that other family members or their friends will also buy homes here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 06:48 PM

55 posts, read 136,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post

I live within the city limits of Clermont, and am very happy here. There are a few streets in the downtown Clermont area that are to be avoided, but it's overall a good place to live.
Which streets are to be avoided in the downtown area?

Old 06-08-2012, 05:29 AM

3 posts, read 4,095 times
WDWCRZY - thanks for the information. My husband and I are considering 2 models (Laurel and Stanton). How is the job market down there? I've also heard mixed reviews regarding the crime rate also. We like the fact that Clermont is so close to Disney and the area has built up a lot over the last few years so you are close to everything.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,410 times
You are welcome. I like both models. We purchased the Fremont. Not sure about the job market. I am a stay at home mom and my husband works from home so we didn't need to look for jobs to move down here. I have read about mixed reviews about the crime rate as well, but not heard anyone here mention anything about crimes around this area. We are huge Disney fans and have annual passes. It takes about 30 minutes to get to the Magic Kingdom. For the most part everything we need is very close. They only thing we struggle with is grocery stores. We are not fond of Walmart and Publix is a little on the high side. If you do decide to purchase here let Denise or Heather know that you were talking to someone on the forums and they can introduce us. Good luck!

Old 06-15-2012, 01:52 PM

3 posts, read 4,095 times
We also have annual passes and are a member of the DVC (Animal Kingdom is our home resort). I'm not a big fan of Walmart either; is there a Target down there? My husband may be able to keep his current job and work from home down there and thinks I might want to get something part-time to get out of the house and meet people. Isn't that what having dogs is all about, walking them and meeting your neighbors? Agains thanks for the information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando