Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 08:28 AM

3 posts, read 4,752 times

Advertisements

In a society where transparency is expected, shouldn't the government be stepping in? Owning and running a private entity is fine so long as you aren't able to perpetrate fraud; that is to make verbal statements that you refuse to back up in writing to the public. Your calculations for charges should be consistent. I also live alone and shower at the gym. So, how can my first bill for 3-4 days (depending on how it is calculated - and, haha - if it is consistent) be for 20 Gal, which would equate to about 520 for a 30 day month, while subsequent months have increased 12% to 45%! In a brand new building that claims to have efficiency, how is this possible? Did the "efficient" toilet not flush properly? Did the efficient water not heat up for a shower so you have to run it longer? Did the "efficient" shower pressure not get the shampoo out of your normally thick hair?

And, what about all of these extra charges? gas to tenant, utility /service fee (oh yes, they keep changing the names as well), trash charge, water base charge, water charge, water and sewer to tenant charge (does any of this seem duplicative to anyone?). And, it appears electric is also charged if you don't sign up - well, what about the building (Cielo) promise to let you as an outside of the state /country resident know WHO you are supposed to sign up with? They say they will email you and then never email. We all have busy lives, so we have to chase everything down. And even then, we get conned.

Manhattan WAS better. Rent control and regulation had its ups and downs, but I'm living in a brand new building that has all sales people and frequent turnover and NO consistency or transparency! Cielo staff are so bright, that they posted a plastic sign on a bar-b-q lid. Yes, then instead of re-posting, they just give up.

Back to the CONservice bill. Inconsistent billing - you have to go seek it out - sometimes it is mailed - sometimes emailed - sometimes just posted on a resident site that you have to log in to see. CONservice bills - are they basing it on building amenities as well - both electric and water in gyms, pools (no - cielo has no pool), dog washing stations. Really?

Disgusted with CONservice and Cielo and the lack of oversight over these pillagers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 08:52 AM

3 posts, read 4,752 times
CONservice is a problem, but isn't properties like Cielo and management like Berkshire Communities that is the bigger problem. They choose to use CONservice (do they have a financial stake in them?) and they choose how to build and manage units with lack of transparency and lack of individual monitoring and lack of quality products. If you are going to be "energy efficient" then your energy should cost you less. And, while it doesn't technically translate, most people expect lower utility bills with this. Instead, we get told we save water, but our bills go up. This does not compute for me. I can rationalize it - who can't. Certainly the properties can. They seem to be making money by charging high rents for a box, then adding monthly charges for community /shared space.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,837 times
My water went from $30 a month to $49 to $59 $69... they just keep adding $10

Old 02-03-2017, 03:45 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
I live in a 4/4 house with 1/2 to 1 acre yard with 200+ planted trees and shrubs watering 3x per week and I pay about $4 per month because I'm on a well system 😛

Old 09-05-2018, 04:51 AM

5 posts, read 6,457 times
Am new to CONservice as a condo owner with a sub-meter. All of your suspicions are accurate. My contention at this point, based on material facts (as I have access to our community water bills from the actual water utility) is that this company is defrauding hundreds of thousands of apartment dwellers across the country. Even after calculating my bill, using the illegal algorithm they have provided me with as their rationalization for the overcharges, the total amount they have billed is double what the math comes out to be. And the cost of the water portion, without other fees, is triple what it should be as per the actual Water utility--billing extra for the cost of the water where I reside is against State regulations. The masses of residents being billed by CONservice are renting, without access to the actual water bills from the Utility or meter readings--
This company appears to be extorting vast amounts and then adding exorbitant late fees. Criminal.
Beyond any doubt, the paperwork I have shows arbitrary charges. This is factual, not guesswork.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,915 times
Angry FPI Management

Is it FPI Management? I live in Reno too. Here's what I found out - of course there a four different places that I can find out how much I owe for utilities... 1. Conservice 2. My resident Portal provided by Management and 3 & 4 are the two "Community Managers" themselves. If I refer to each one of these on the same day, as GOD as my witness, all four will have a different balance due... i DON'T KNOW HOW THAT IS POSSIBLE..... So I am going over the items on both Conservices portal and my Resident Portal, I noticed that for some reason my account kept showing two seperate line items for each of the utilities provided ( water, sewer, garbage ) I thought, well Im being double billed, right.

NOPE - WHAT IS HAPPENING IS THAT I AM PAYING FOR NOT ONLY THE SPLIT OF WHAT MY BUILDING USES - BUT ALL OF THE COMMUNITY PROPERTY AS WELL ( POOLS, LAUNDRY ROOMS, SAUNAS, LEAKS AND OF COURSE ON SITE MANAGEMENT OFFICES ) I FOUND OUT THAT THE TENANTS ( EXCLUDING THE MANAGEMENT OFFICE ) PAYS FOR THE ENTIRE BILL LESS 10% - So heres what they do - they get the bill and pay it - then charge it back to the tenants ( i am told that they submeter to each building, but I don't believe it ) So, how ever much the bill is for each building divided by the number of OCCUPIED units = 1 charge. Then whatever amount is left over - Management says the pay 10% and then re-allocates back to all occupied units = 2 charge - THEN they CHARGE US AN ADMIN FEE WHICH IS PAID DIRECTLY TO MANAGEMENT (NOT CONSERVICE - ITS JUST SOFTWARE THE OFFICE USES ) THAT FEE PAYS BACK THE 10% THEY CLAIM TO PAY - SO THE TENANTS PAY IT ALL - AND ALSO PAY FOR THE COSTS OF THE MANAGEMENT'S BUSINESS OFFICE. NO WONDER EVERYONE IS SO COCKY, THEY SEE US AS A MARKS........

WHEN I THINK OF THE BENEFITS OF THIS DISGUSTING DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICE IT MAKES ME SICK....... JUST THINK WHEN SOMEONE MOVES OUT AND LEAVES FURNITURE, OLD APPLIANCES, WHATEVER. THEY KEEP THE DEPOSIT AND WE PAY TO DUMP IT........

I AM SURE THIS IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG WITH THIS CORRUPT COMPANY. AND I DIDN'T EVEN MENTION THE MONTHLY $25 LATE CHARGE FOR THE PAYMENT OF UTILITIES EITHER OR THE DUMB AND UNSANITARY TRASH VALET SERVICE........

WE NEED AN ATTORNEY IN THE RENO AREA TO HELP US FIGHT...........PLEASE

Old 03-05-2019, 06:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,915 times
Did they give you copies of the actual bills? I have asked for them and they won't give them to me......

Old 04-17-2019, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,383 times
I think you and I both live in the same building and that's how we ended up on the same forum. How long have you been expected to use conservice? We received our first mention of conservice via email on 4/13, due date of 5/01 but when I go to the resident portal, the utilities balance is not there and we have been given ZERO mention about this. We first moved in in 11/01/18 when the old office manager was still here who told us we didn't have to pay for utilities, then when the current manager came on, we were sent an addendum and by that time it was too late to go back or move out being we signed a 12 month lease. I am not happy what so ever with living under FPI management, and the more and more I see them showing the apartments to potential new residents, I always have the urge to yell "run far away, as fast as you can, away from this scam!" From my window. My partner and I have come to terms with going to small claims court if necessary. I am on your side and you aren't alone hardtimesjewel!

Old 04-17-2019, 04:22 PM

161 posts, read 127,865 times
If it makes you feel any better, my water bill ranges from 130 - 400
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: