Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 05:02 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,055,477 times

Advertisements

This is outrageous. My property manager told me it was divided up by building. When my bill was skyhigh he said he doesn't have the numbers and I should call Conservice. I go out of my way to conserve water and my bill still went higher still. I call conservice and they say its divided by the entire apartment complex and that they don't know the formula or how what my portion is.

860 square foot apartment with 2 guys living in it is currently costing me almost $70/mo for water. This is absurd.

Anyone else have experience with conservice in this capacity and saw some results?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 06:50 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
my guess... there are some empties you are paying for.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 8,867 times
I plan to seek a lawyer to find why my water bill is so high and eventually get a class action lawsuit file against your company. The apartment complex is making deals and payment arrangements. I want a break down of my monthly water usage, because I have a bill totaling over seven hundred dollars. I was told that your company split the bill between each complex, I am only responsible for my water usage. I will not pay for any one else water usage. My apartment complex is trying to evict tenants if they do not pay those high water bill with their rent. I live in Midtown Square apartments in Columbus ,GA. Sounds like someone is putting money in their own pockets. I also plan to go to the local news station for them to investigate this matter.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:17 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
I live in a 2/2 and my bill is always about $60.00.

For about 6 months, I lived alone and the bill was about $60.00.
Then my niece moved in and the bill is still about $60.00.
This defies logic.

My neighbor was gone for 15 days and her bill went up that month.
We're all very consciencous of water usage.

It's clearly shady.

Last edited by cfbs2691; 10-31-2012 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-20-2014, 12:08 AM

1 posts, read 7,932 times
LAWSUIT LAWSUIT COMING TO YOU CONSERVICE!!! BE READY FOR ME BIG WIGS I AM COMING AFTER YOU!!I am seriously looking into a class action lawsuit. I am in California and if you search the web EVERYONE in California and other states are complaining about them. How is it that they can charge whatever they want and not give us all a detailed outline of what our charges are? How is it our water bill goes up every month? Our apts must be getting some kind of deal too. How will they explain that in court? "Uh your honor we just calculate how many apt there are, how many tenants, add some fees and there ya go". If you would like in on it please contact me. Gonna start figuring out where to start then contacting a lawyer.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:59 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Wow. My water bill with three adults and three large dogs runs me $20-30 a month at the most.

Old 12-27-2015, 07:09 AM

1 posts, read 5,750 times
I am contacting the local news station as we speak. Conservice is charging me roughly 120 to 140 a month for water and sewage and cannot tell me how they are coming up with that number. I am a parent of 3 and refuse to keep paying this type of money when we're rarely even home. Its clearly something fishy going on!!!

Old 12-29-2015, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 5,703 times
Please give me an update on any legal action. I would like to secure a class action attorney. I am in Reno, NV. This CONservice is a total scam. Tenants are told they are paying for utilities. Neither Conservice or the landlord Waters Edge Apartments will provide ANY information about the actual charges or how they are allocated. It's one thing to bill for utilities. It's quite another to lie about what you are charging a consumer. All such charges should be recoverable with treble damages.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:01 PM

46 posts, read 54,647 times
They shouldn't be lying to you about it, but they are permitted to use common meters and bill by dividing it up by the current number of leased units, plus a small service charge. I had an apartment complex I lived in where the irrigation and all units were on a single meter. It was also a lot of students living in there and a lot of units became unoccupied during a month or 2 during the summer. Our portion of the water bill went from $30/month in the winter months to $100+ in the summer. I looked into the legality, and it looked like it was legit. Landlords can split utilities evenly between all the units if the lease has you responsible or the water. Find out the cost and how they split it before you sign the lease... usually a year history should give you a very good idea of what the bills will be each month regardless of how they split it (unless your unit is metered individually)

Not saying your complex is doing it properly, just something to be aware of before you spend too much on attorneys. Demand in writing breakdown of the bills (whats service charges, whats water, what was the total and whats the number of units is divided by)

Old 12-31-2015, 06:03 PM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
It is a rip off and don't know why it is allowed- I had problem in Tampa - I moved out like the 3rd--and had to pay for a normal month. Good luck - FL sides with the LL- not the tenants- thank God this yr 2015-- I was able to buy a small place of my own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: