Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 10:43 PM

177 posts, read 405,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
as of 6/21/2011 our gas is $3.43 / gal.

My Uverse ... phone, TV, Internet is $180/mnth

I would also point out rent will vary on size and location. I think the $800 is mostly low you would be safer with $1200.
Do they supply popcorn & Pepsi too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 01:07 AM

203 posts, read 597,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexxicakes View Post
The apartments i am looking at are around 605 a month... but in a review i read it says the tv/internet they offer is expensive. can i still get a company of my choice to come out? i've never lived in an apartment before so idk how it works
Call the apartment mgr. and ask. They should give you an honest answer to that question. You can also call the cable company and give them the address your interested in. They should definately be able to tell you if service is available.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:24 AM

57 posts, read 172,678 times
first off, where are the apartments that you are looking for? I know the good areas and the bad areas of orlando. there are some places i wouldnt even dare consider living and some i would love to live. you may be better off buying a home if you can find a good deal. right now i know a couple that bought a 1300sq/ft for 86,300k. $200 less then the original sale price in 1996. interest rates are just under 5 percent here. you may wind up buying a home and put your money to use instead of renting.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:33 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Texture_Guy View Post
first off, where are the apartments that you are looking for? I know the good areas and the bad areas of orlando. there are some places i wouldnt even dare consider living and some i would love to live. you may be better off buying a home if you can find a good deal. right now i know a couple that bought a 1300sq/ft for 86,300k. $200 less then the original sale price in 1996. interest rates are just under 5 percent here. you may wind up buying a home and put your money to use instead of renting.
I wouldn't advice anybody to a buy a home until they have lived in an area a year to see if they like it.

Coming from a dry climate like AZ to FL is a big change. The humidity may knock their socks off.

It is much easier going from a humid climate to a dry one then the other way around.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:43 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,362,592 times
If you shop at publix food store. Each and every week they have buy one get one free on some products. Publix is all over the state of Florida. Welcome to Publix Super Markets, Inc.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:52 AM

2 posts, read 2,051 times
Hi all. I am sort of forced to relocate. I think it is a Blessing in disguise, No employment, drained of savings and investments. I am 58, single and waking up to the reality I have to move. I would appreciate any Ideas. My friend moved to Daytona 2006 he tells me he likes it and I may as well. I am under water with my mortgage behind 5 months $19,500, denied loan modification my only choice is to sell my home that I was conceived in 58 years ago { family home 65+ years } value $825,000 to $750,000
I have a first and second mortgage total $400,000. I am worried, $350,000 if I sell at $750,000 minus the 5 % real estate fee, this is all I have after a lifetime of working and saving. Can I buy something nice for $50,000 to $100,000 cash no mortgage? I will have to find a job and facing the fact of a minimum or a little above minimum wage job, I do have skills as a carpenter / contractor. I am worried, any suggestions. I was told there are 55 years and older facilities that would not be expensive aside from the monthly fee. Any idea's.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:52 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Daytona and Orlando are two very different places.

You can buy something in the Orlando area for that, but not in a decent, safe neighborhood. If you go further out into the sticks it will be easier. You might want to look in Deltona or Deland, they are about half way between Orlando and Daytona and you should have no problem finding a modest home in your price range.

Most of the 55 and up communities are either for mobile homes, or aren't going to be in your price range.

Since the housing bust, there aren't many carpenter jobs these days, and you need to be licensed to be a contractor in this state.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:13 AM

2 posts, read 2,051 times
Default Orlando

Hi. I have a friend in Daytona I guess that is why I was leaning that way. I will check Orlando out I don't want to stay in New Jersey this state killed me financially $10,000 property taxes and $3,000 insurance it is crazy. I am a New Jersey, Licensed Code Enforcement Official {Building Inspector} and a Licensed Home Improvement Contractor as well. There is no work here if I have to take some exams for the Florida State License for Code Enforcement as well as Contractor I guess I have to hit the books. I thank you for your response I need all the information I can get. I read that it would be a good idea to live for a few months in the area I am interested in it is tough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando