Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 08:10 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,205,453 times

Advertisements

Is there anybody else that is not enjoying this seasonal change as much as me?Our average is 88+ degrees in the day 68+ at night. Some people were in the 50's. We have not been this cold since late march early April! Well Where in Florida does it stays consistently warm? Because I can't take this cold weather. I have a feeling we are going to get hit HARD this winter lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 09:19 AM

812 posts, read 1,676,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Is there anybody else that is not enjoying this seasonal change as much as me?Our average is 88+ degrees in the day 68+ at night. Some people were in the 50's. We have not been this cold since late march early April! Well Where in Florida does it stays consistently warm? Because I can't take this cold weather. I have a feeling we are going to get hit HARD this winter lol.
I think you are right, unfortunately it's going to do nothing to quell the 'there's no such thing as global warming' crowd, but I think it will be warmer on AVERAGE.

Personally, I think yesterday and today are 'just right'

Old 10-02-2011, 09:58 AM

1,978 posts, read 4,408,472 times
You need to be in Miami or Fort Lauderdale! You could try Naples, but they just don't get the rainfall and the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area is more protected against the cold fronts. Miami -- specifically the Key Biscayne and South Beach locations retain the warmest nighttime temps during the winter. Next would be Coral Gables, Shenandoah, Kendall, Parts of Hialeah, Cutler Ridge, and South Miami near 17th street. Fort Lauderdale has slightly colder nighttime temps, but believe it or not, not as pronounced as the area near Homestead, which does not get the Heat Island effect.

So there is a zone between Miami and the Keys which get considerably cooler nighttime temps, mainly in the Homestead/Leisure City area and down to Florida City, which gets some chilly nighttime temps come winter. Once you get halfway into Key Largo there is quite a difference in the climate and the nighttime temps are about 7 degrees warmer. Especially toward the Middle Keys.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:08 AM

2,129 posts, read 4,512,388 times
I think you might be in the minority on this FloridaBorn. Everyone I've talked to thinks the weather is perfect! I say bring on the winter weather

Old 10-02-2011, 10:12 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
I think you might be in the minority on this FloridaBorn. Everyone I've talked to thinks the weather is perfect! I say bring on the winter weather
Have you thought of moving to Ecuador or the Amazon rainforest ? Most Floridians think they have been paroled from the prison of summer and don't have to report back until the end of April.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:07 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
Agreed

Old 10-02-2011, 11:26 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,213,569 times
Most other states in "America" have already had these cooler temps for at least a month now. Glad to get a little taste of normalcy for a change.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:03 PM

10,098 posts, read 14,972,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
As a person currently living in Connecticut, I think I speak for many folks when I say: are you serious?

I wish it would just go down to the 50s here and then stop there. Do you know how hard I wish for that to happen?

You should appreciate what you have, because others are not so lucky.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:05 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
I cannot stand it myself.

68 is too cold for me.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:03 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,063,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio84 View Post
As a person currently living in Connecticut, I think I speak for many folks when I say: are you serious?

I wish it would just go down to the 50s here and then stop there. Do you know how hard I wish for that to happen?

You should appreciate what you have, because others are not so lucky.
At least you get snow and all places are full of heaters Our cold weather is pretty unbearable. I HATE IT. I was actually relieved last year to travel to the NE because I was freezing here in Florida because some people didnt think it was necesary to turn the heater on when the temperature outside was in the 30's and 40's. What a nightmare last winter was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando