Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 08:07 PM

4 posts, read 7,408 times

Advertisements

Moving to the Orlando area this summer. We currently live in a huge development where you can "live, work and play" and would love to find a home in a subdivision similar to that (a PUD community). Any suggestions? Must be zoned for a great high school. Commute is not an issue as we work from home. We prefer Orlando or suburbs of Orlando. From what I read, Seminole County has the best schools, but I can't find a community like that in that area. Would love a club house, workout facility and swimming pool community. We also prefer newer subdivisions. Seems like there are a few communities like this in the Kissimmee area, but that is way too far out and also the schools are important to us as well, which from what I read, aren't too great in that area.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 09:35 PM

Want to add that Baldwin Park and Celebration seem a good fit, but are a bit over our budget! Would like to eventually buy a home in the range of $200,000-$250,000.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:02 AM

27,212 posts, read 43,910,956 times
I'm wondering if Viera wouldn't fit the bill for you. It's in neighboring Brevard County (to the east, on the coast) and is what you're looking for. It's a master planned PUD community with an "A" rated school district and new/newer housing with extensive amenities. It's an easy 45 minute drive to Orlando via I-95 and the Beachline Expressway with very little if any congestion. Viera

Old 04-23-2012, 06:42 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,998,484 times
Check out Harmony. Worth a look.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:21 AM

Thank you both for the reply...I will check those areas out as well. Been doing some investigating and came across Avalon Park, Vista Lakes and Stoneybridge. For me, the bigger the subdivision, the better. I guess you can say I'm a people person

Old 04-23-2012, 12:21 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Check out Harmony. Worth a look.
Except Harmony doesn't have any shopping and has like, 1, restaurant and a a gas station. Celebration would be a much better choice.

In harmony, you have to head to St Cloud for basics

Old 04-23-2012, 01:11 PM

793 posts, read 2,524,718 times
Horizon West, the area behind Disney, that includes parts of Windermere, Winter Springs is a great choice and should fit your needs.

Independence, SummerLake, Mable Bridge

It's zoned as "Urban' living with non gated communities, lot's of green space with walking/biking trails, rear load garages with alleyways and the best feature is the town center aspect helping to bring neighbors together.

Also take a look at Lake Nona, the new medical centered area/community of Orlando with much the same zoning as above.

Hope this helps,

Old 04-23-2012, 01:25 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,998,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Except Harmony doesn't have any shopping and has like, 1, restaurant and a a gas station. Celebration would be a much better choice.

In harmony, you have to head to St Cloud for basics
But Celebration is 2-3 times as expensive. I just said it was worth a look. Which it is.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:59 PM

57 posts, read 158,648 times
These are all really great suggestions, I'd definitely take a look around in them, OP. Besides Baldwin and Celebration, most of the other options are a bit more spread out, though, but since you like a big community, that might be great for you! I think Avalon would be a pretty good option.

Does anybody know if in seven-ten years or so there will be more planned walkable communities for families? I hear the Lake Nona area should have one similar to Baldwin, but not sure. Does anyone know where to keep up to date on this information?

Last edited by Chulchinmae; 04-23-2012 at 02:09 PM..

Old 04-23-2012, 03:04 PM

793 posts, read 2,524,718 times
Sure do!

Take a look at Laureate Park at Lake Nona.

Hope this helps,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando