Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:10 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Why would she be ashamed to bring me home to Mom and Dad?
What do you have to put on the table?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 08:18 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulchinmae View Post
(you say 50,000 is unreasonable, but it's pretty average)
Agreed. And those "finance guys" that Davie hates so much are probably making more--the finance people I know start at around $50 right out of grad school and within 10 years are pulling six figures. Yes, here in the Orlando area.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:51 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,512,388 times
Quote:
Crane's Rooster and chopchop0 are right....kyle must NEVER go downtown (not to make a personal attack here, but I believe kyle is not interested in women based on a previous post he made, once again NOT TRYING TO ATTACK HIM OR INSULT HIM)

Anyways, there is definitely not a shortage of beautiful women in Orlando, what there IS a shortage of though is beautiful SINGLE women. Unfortunately most are taken, and as I have stated before the few women in this town in their 20s who are single are one of these things
-Physically unattractive
-The personality of a stump
-Single moms (often with multiple baby daddies)
-Lots of emotional baggage
-Psycho ex bf's
-Only looking for a "sugar daddy" situation
-Only looking for men who will "spoil" them and "take care" of them "financially" (see Sugar Daddy situation above)
-Standards that are WAY too high

But if you want to attract a beautiful woman in Orlando you must do these things

-Get a job that pays at least $50k per year (preferrably in finance, women love a man in finance)
-Buy a brand new BMW or Mercedes (BMW 5 series or better, Mercedes SL 500 or better)
-Take steroids to build a ridiculous amount of muscle
-Get a fake tan
-Get tattoos
-Buy lots of clothing articles that say "Tapout" or "Volcom" "Etnies" or that "F" logo with the star on it, Ed Hardy and True Religion and any clothing brand associated with complete douchebags will do

And presto, women will flock to you like never before! Just remember, bring LOTS of money otherwise lack of money will be the magic wand to make Orlando women disappear!
I don't know what places you're going to.. but they obviously aren't working out very well. Why would you try to meet someone in a place that seems to have a lot of trashy people? (Anyone who would be outwardly rude and curse to an innocent stranger I consider trash). I'm college aged and I don't know anyone who goes to bars/clubs looking to meet someone. Most people my age seem to meet each other through school or work or through other friends. Getting involved in something you're interested in (a group, volunteering, classes, etc.) allows you to meet people and you've already established common ground.

Orlando is a major college town, with probably thousands of girls in their early twenties- and not all of them are taken. And the ones who are single certainly don't all have inherent problems. More likely, they have reasonable standards and don't fall for the kind of guy you describe all the "hot" girls are into.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:59 PM

570 posts, read 1,153,824 times
Thanks for some great advice. My tapout shirts are on their way. Wish me luck.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:05 PM

57 posts, read 158,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Agreed. And those "finance guys" that Davie hates so much are probably making more--the finance people I know start at around $50 right out of grad school and within 10 years are pulling six figures. Yes, here in the Orlando area.
Precisely. Usually those men in finance that come right out of school are still fairly young and they DO have money to blow at bars and the night life in Downtown. Of course, if they aren't looking for a real relationship, they are trying to rope in the shallow women that try to get to them. Whatever. It's their lives, and they can do what they want with them. And not all men in finance are at bars either.

That and, what, 50,000 that's like a RN nurse's income and maybe an entry level to medium level experience management job (depending on the establishment), and as I said, entry level computer programming positions. Not to mention entry level college professors and research scientists (with doctorates). Those are all reasonable professions that anybody would be proud of having, regardless of the gender. I think that is a very realistic goal to have. Neither party has to make 300+ K a year and still meet someone.

That and not related to money, I sooo agree about the guys. It may be hard to be believe, but not of us ladies are looking for fake meatheads with dry, orange skin for potential partners, all right? Especially not ones that fly off the handle like Davie mentions. Shallow women attract shallow men. That's why you look for venues that are a bit more broad in scope if you are not looking for someone with a particular interest. If you want your partner to be an art appreciator, go to an art museum or exhibit. If you aren't sure, just go to a park or a movie theater or a mall. There's something for everybody, and someone for everybody.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:10 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
I don't know what places you're going to.. but they obviously aren't working out very well. Why would you try to meet someone in a place that seems to have a lot of trashy people? (Anyone who would be outwardly rude and curse to an innocent stranger I consider trash). I'm college aged and I don't know anyone who goes to bars/clubs looking to meet someone. Most people my age seem to meet each other through school or work or through other friends. Getting involved in something you're interested in (a group, volunteering, classes, etc.) allows you to meet people and you've already established common ground.

Orlando is a major college town, with probably thousands of girls in their early twenties- and not all of them are taken. And the ones who are single certainly don't all have inherent problems. More likely, they have reasonable standards and don't fall for the kind of guy you describe all the "hot" girls are into.
Its funny, the Publix I work at is right across from the UCF Rosen College on Universal Blvd, lots of college girls coming in, all taken (not surprising to me) To be honest, what I am looking for is something casual. I am no stranger to being told I have commitment issues, I know I do and thats ok, I know I'm not "boyfriend material" I'm sorry but I quote Jaheim "Never will this player hang his jersey up and leave the game"

I'm not looking for a relationship, just some casual fun (may the attacks and insults about how im a dirty dog begin) and this is why I complain about a lack of single women, all the physically attractive ones are taken or have too many issues (as mentioned in my previous posts)

Quote:
Thanks for some great advice. My tapout shirts are on their way. Wish me luck.
Here is my reply to this post

jpg upload

Old 05-09-2012, 09:27 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,512,388 times
Quote:
Its funny, the Publix I work at is right across from the UCF Rosen College on Universal Blvd, lots of college girls coming in, all taken (not surprising to me) To be honest, what I am looking for is something casual. I am no stranger to being told I have commitment issues, I know I do and thats ok, I know I'm not "boyfriend material" I'm sorry but I quote Jaheim "Never will this player hang his jersey up and leave the game"

I'm not looking for a relationship, just some casual fun (may the attacks and insults about how im a dirty dog begin) and this is why I complain about a lack of single women, all the physically attractive ones are taken or have too many issues (as mentioned in my previous posts)

How do you know they're all taken... do they wear signs or something? Or do they just inform you while you ring up their groceries?

If you're just looking for a hookup, I don't see why any issues would be a problem. But I would imagine a woman who would be into that kind of situation is going to be as shallow as the ones you have described.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulchinmae View Post
Not at all. You should always hold onto your standards, regardless of what people say, and trust me, yours are not unreasonable in the slightest. The only thing you MAY want to tweak here and there is appearance. I'm not saying give up the lady with the nice bum, but if the woman meets the rest of your criteria and yet may not have all the curve, or a little skinny, she should be considered, you know? Everything else is actually... pretty standard.
I've learned to lower my standards, as many people have told me "You're no catch DavieJ, just take what you can get, nobody wants you, and if somebody does, never let them go, because you'll be alone forever if you do"

So I take whatever comes to me, I can't do any better. I really dont think I can

Im only a 3 or 4 on the looks scale at best and leagues DO exist. People will swear that they dont but trust me they do. You will never see a girl whos a 9 or 10 with a loser like me

In spite of what I would like, realistically speaking these are the kinds of girls I should be looking for (the ones that I'd stand a nanosecond of a chance with)

-About 5'4 or less in height
-At LEAST 250 lbs
-Almost albino skin
-Flaming red hair and freckles
-Bad attitude

And as I said in my previous post, Im not "boyfriend material" and I dont want to be in a committed relationship anyway, already did that once and its going to take years to pay off the debt my ex (who I call the wicked witch of the west) incurred on me, as well as a tattered credit rating

Im sorry but I just dont trust women anymore, they only want me for my money and Im not going to let that happen again, or let myself get hurt. As much as I hate being alone, Id rather be alone and have my freedom than have some heartless woman ruin my already screwed up life even further than it already is

Old 05-09-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkofsunshine View Post
How do you know they're all taken... do they wear signs or something? Or do they just inform you while you ring up their groceries?

If you're just looking for a hookup, I don't see why any issues would be a problem. But I would imagine a woman who would be into that kind of situation is going to be as shallow as the ones you have described.
Because they are beautiful, which automatically means "TAKEN" because every woman i meet who I find attractive is ALWAYS taken 100% of the time GUARANTEED.

Im usually optimistic but when it comes to women and the many failed friendships and relationships I've had, Im just as negative as the trolls who bash this city for no apparent reason

Old 05-09-2012, 09:57 PM

570 posts, read 1,153,824 times
Quote:
Because they are beautiful, which automatically means "TAKEN" because every woman i meet who I find attractive is ALWAYS taken 100% of the time GUARANTEED.
You sure they're not just telling you that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando