Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 06:14 PM

8 posts, read 12,775 times

Advertisements

Hi,

So apartmentratings.com has seriously scared the HELL out of me! I'm sure a lot of the people on there are just some disgruntled tenants but it does make me think twice about some of those places. I wanted to know if there are any specific apartment complexes in Altamonte Springs, Oviedo, Lake Mary, or Clermont that you would recommend I see. Not too pricey, around $1000 or less for a 2 bdrm. Heading out there in August but can only go for a few days so I'd really love to make the most of my time there and not be running around blind.

Also, do you think I would be able to find a rental house in any of these areas for around the same price? I've heard that renting a house out there may actually be cheaper and more worth renting than an apartment. Is there any truth to this?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 07:29 PM

81 posts, read 154,017 times
this is a hilarious thread name... just gotta say

Old 06-08-2012, 11:12 PM

8 posts, read 12,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyygal View Post
this is a hilarious thread name... just gotta say
LOL! Thanks

Old 06-09-2012, 08:21 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,746,989 times
I've used that website at times, and the complexes where I've lived have had some crazy reviews. However, I think I lucked out.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:50 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,571,323 times
Some of those reviews are exaggerated for sure

Old 06-26-2012, 09:30 PM

872 posts, read 1,712,744 times
The title is an accurate description for much of Florida.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:41 AM

27,177 posts, read 43,867,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLDreamin31 View Post
Hi,

So apartmentratings.com has seriously scared the HELL out of me! I'm sure a lot of the people on there are just some disgruntled tenants but it does make me think twice about some of those places. I wanted to know if there are any specific apartment complexes in Altamonte Springs, Oviedo, Lake Mary, or Clermont that you would recommend I see. Not too pricey, around $1000 or less for a 2 bdrm. Heading out there in August but can only go for a few days so I'd really love to make the most of my time there and not be running around blind.

Also, do you think I would be able to find a rental house in any of these areas for around the same price? I've heard that renting a house out there may actually be cheaper and more worth renting than an apartment. Is there any truth to this?

Thanks!

Check out Ballantrae, even though it's a bit over your budget they're running cheap move-in specials ($200) which would lower the monthly rent into your price range. It's in a great location right off of I-4 and the 417 near the Colonial Town Center's shopping, restaurant and nightlife. It's a new complex and surrounded by upscale single family homes and townhouses.
Sanford Florida Apartments - Home - Ballantrae Apartment Homes

If that's still too high for you check out Pebble Creek in Lake Mary.
Pebble Creek Lake Mary

Old 06-27-2012, 06:24 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,052,083 times
You have to take apartmentratings.com reviews with a grain of salt. I lived at the Paramount downtown and it has a 61% rating. I thought the place was awesome and could not believe some of what the reviews were saying. That said, I probably would want to stay north of a 50% review score. I have done some searches on there in the past, and I know there are apartment complexes in every area of Orlando with over 80% average scores. If you see over 80% and it is around 10 reviews I think you will be fine.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:34 PM

8 posts, read 13,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
You have to take apartmentratings.com reviews with a grain of salt. I lived at the Paramount downtown and it has a 61% rating. I thought the place was awesome and could not believe some of what the reviews were saying. That said, I probably would want to stay north of a 50% review score. I have done some searches on there in the past, and I know there are apartment complexes in every area of Orlando with over 80% average scores. If you see over 80% and it is around 10 reviews I think you will be fine.
however, what about clermont, ocoee, and winter garden area??? the majority of apts in those areas are bad reviews and lower than 80% ratings...it cant be that ALL apt. complexes in those areas are horrid...and the majority of reviewers indicate same things over and over as problems...managers not fixing issues in a timely manner....

Old 06-29-2012, 09:07 AM

492 posts, read 1,024,852 times
I used to live in apartments and would believe the ratings when I read them. Turns out, they were almost always crap.

What I learned was that if all the negative reviews complain about the same thing (and something specific, not general bugs or service), it was more likely to be true. If all the reviews are negative and complain about tons of different things, they are most likely written by people pissed off for one reason or another.

If 8/10 reviews complain about piles of garbage outside that attract roaches and management won't fix it... you have a problem. If 7/10 complain about mold, it is likely really there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando