Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 04:33 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
well lets put it this way. if they are jailing the cops for shooting back at the bad guys, whudaya think they will do to you?
get yourself some pepper spray keep it on your person. take that gun out of the car right now.
if you plan to shoot somebody in the house, you better get a real good lawyer first. if lucky you might not go to jail. the majority of crimes in the home in san diego occur thru an unlocked door or window. so if you lock the doors and windows just think, you wont have to kill anybody.
leave the killing of bad guys to the cops and military. lots of legal action always follows. your priority should not be getting the bad guys straightened out. your priority should be the same as mine
taking care of my mother lets do it.
im with you brother.
stephen s
san diego ca
Just click this link and tell me if home invasions happen the same way out there in San Diego as they do here.....i dont know about San Diego too much except that there is a big gang problem

Search

In Florida it's different.....the invaders just shoot you for no reason but to put fear into you down here....i am not waiting for a cop to help me when my mother is being shot or raped.....maybe its the same in Cali with home invasions ....i dont know but from what you said about San Diego and how home invaders only usually come in through an open window or door...its not like that here..these guys just break your door down in most cases or bust the locks to get in....and then they rape or shoot people in the house depending if its a woman or just guys living there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 07:34 AM

2 posts, read 6,924 times
Default Get weapons back

I was arrested on a false domestic violence accusation 2 years ago. After a competent investigation (in other words, not the cops but real investigators) was done, no charges were brought against me when it was determined that the alleged crime never happened. A domestic violence injunction was granted against me based on the false accusation made, which resulted in my firearms being seized. That is being removed this week. My question: How do I get my weapons back?

Old 10-10-2007, 03:41 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
I am a gun collector and shoot at ranges alot. Many police officers are there practicing also. I have picked there brains many times about gun laws and LM1 is completely correct.
Keep your gun on your seat with a round in the chamber ready to shoot. Just put it in a case that is easy to open. Yes some cops argue with you about that but I have a friend who is a 25 year veteren and I will believe him before a rookie.
As far as home, if they are in your house uninvited, you are free to handle it how you wish. Now don't be stupid and just shoot, use common sense. If you have never owned a gun, go to a class and learn how to properly use them. Guns can be very dangerous in unexperianced hands. And the class to get your permit does not show you how to use them, just makes it legal to carry. Guns can be alot of fun, I have many different types and spend alot of time and money shooting.
My 2 Rottweilers make a good home security system and like my wife says "They are so Cute"
Now California is one of those states that think we should not have the right to bear arms. Ask people in England and Australia how that is working out.
An armed society is a polite society.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:37 PM

21 posts, read 169,269 times
THA, after reading your post on road rage I think you should consider this very carefully.

If you are willing to fight with someone on the side of the road over getting cut off or something silly like that you need to reign in your emotions before carrying a gun or keeping it in your car.

Imagine you get cut off in traffic, flip the bird back and forth a few times, then pull off the side of the road and fight, and end up having to shoot the other guy to save your life. If a jury can be led to believe you instigated the fight, it's hard to prove you were just defending yourself. If you were in fear for your life you wouldn't have stopped.

That aside, if you can control your temper, carrying a gun might be a wise thing to do considering your place of business has been robbed several times. Just be sure to think of the consequences. Despite what others have said there is a good chance that you could be arrested, fired or sued for using a gun to defend yourself. Maybe even convicted. Even in Florida.

Along with Jon gutmacher's book, Attorney Jon Gutmacher, Author of Florida Firearms: Law, Use and Ownership, I'd suggest Masaad Ayoob's book, In the Gravest Extreme.

thebigr, I couldn't agree with you more. I work in some of the seedy sections in South Florida and keep a gun behind the seat strapped in a thumb break holster. I risk being arrested by a cop who believes the 3 step/2 step rule myth, but I know in the end I would be exonerated.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:46 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneinFL View Post
THA, after reading your post on road rage I think you should consider this very carefully.

If you are willing to fight with someone on the side of the road over getting cut off or something silly like that you need to reign in your emotions before carrying a gun or keeping it in your car.

Imagine you get cut off in traffic, flip the bird back and forth a few times, then pull off the side of the road and fight, and end up having to shoot the other guy to save your life. If a jury can be led to believe you instigated the fight, it's hard to prove you were just defending yourself. If you were in fear for your life you wouldn't have stopped.

That aside, if you can control your temper, carrying a gun might be a wise thing to do considering your place of business has been robbed several times. Just be sure to think of the consequences. Despite what others have said there is a good chance that you could be arrested, fired or sued for using a gun to defend yourself. Maybe even convicted. Even in Florida.

Along with Jon gutmacher's book, Attorney Jon Gutmacher, Author of Florida Firearms: Law, Use and Ownership, I'd suggest Masaad Ayoob's book, In the Gravest Extreme.

thebigr, I couldn't agree with you more. I work in some of the seedy sections in South Florida and keep a gun behind the seat strapped in a thumb break holster. I risk being arrested by a cop who believes the 3 step/2 step rule myth, but I know in the end I would be exonerated.

I know what you're saying ....I had no other option after the guy came out of his car and headed to my car.....fighting was the last resort.....it was stop and go traffic that day and only one lane was open and this guy must have been high because he acted like it was my fault that i couldnt force the cars in front of me to go when we had to stop....he was in a rush and looked like a thug with his platnum teeth and white dickie shirt and baggy pants.......i wasnt tailgating him and being aggresive....he was behind me acting like he would hit my car with his car if i didnt want to get up on the next guy's butt in front of me......he started it and wanted to come at me in a violent way......next time it might be another crazy guy who actually has a problem with my driving and then he wants to blow off steam and pulls out a gun and walks towards my car....at that time i will need a gun....that's not my main reason for wanting one though.....i work as a pizza delivery driver and having a gun might be good in case i feel like i am in a bad area or like im going to be in danger.....and its also incase my mother is at home alone and hears someone breaking in the house or something......but thanks for your reply

Old 11-14-2008, 07:03 AM

3 posts, read 15,006 times
If I had a loaded revolver in the console without a holster, would that be considered securely encased ??

Old 11-14-2008, 09:30 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,712,357 times
Are you all saying if you have a permit to carry , that you cant carry in the car? Or is this in the case if you do NOT have the permit to carry....I am a little perplexed...lol...thanks!

Old 11-14-2008, 09:37 AM

no license to carry

Old 11-14-2008, 09:47 AM

1,016 posts, read 2,712,357 times
Ok...whew! Got my PA resident permit and its good in FL as well...so I will be carrying mine! lol! Well...really...probably not...lol.....only to the range and back. Chuluota's range looks like a nice one!

Old 11-14-2008, 10:33 AM

Did you answer my question ? Now I'm perplexed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando